PDA

View Full Version : Charles Town, WV?

dieseljunkie
08-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Last year there was a 2.6 class pull called the $1000 shootout. Does anyone know if this is going on again this year?

turdwagon
08-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Last year there was a 2.6 class pull called the $1000 shootout. Does anyone know if this is going on again this year?

My brother came up with this idea last year and we convinced our pulling club to try this.But with the poor turn out of trucks last year the club prob won't do it again this year. I'll talk to him tomarrow and some others in the club and let u know.

cummins724
08-09-2009, 10:51 PM
My brother came up with this idea last year and we convinced our pulling club to try this.But with the poor turn out of trucks last year the club prob won't do it again this year. I'll talk to him tomarrow and some others in the club and let u know.

Thats all I've been hearing about lately. I know a few guys who will come down.

rpainter
08-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Thats all I've been hearing about lately. I know a few guys who will come down.

that is what everyone was saying last year but nobody came.

cummins724
08-10-2009, 07:29 AM
that is what everyone was saying last year but nobody came.

Really? Wow!

getblown5.9
08-10-2009, 07:38 AM
It was either everyone was scared that a bunch of heavily built trucks would show up so they didn't bother, or they were afraid they wouldn't pass tech.

I know I had to pull some favors to borrow a 2.6 legal charger just to run down there last year. I think if you are gonna do it again the planning needs to be in the works already and I wouldn't pick a date til the very end of sept or beginning of October to get the word out. If it happens I'll find a 2.6 charger to come down again.

dieseljunkie
08-11-2009, 05:06 PM
I didn't come last year because it conflicted with my pulling schedule on that date. I would like to attend, but I think more uniform rules need to be in place. $.02

DieselDiva
08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
It was either everyone was scared that a bunch of heavily built trucks would show up so they didn't bother, or they were afraid they wouldn't pass tech.

I know I had to pull some favors to borrow a 2.6 legal charger just to run down there last year. I think if you are gonna do it again the planning needs to be in the works already and I wouldn't pick a date til the very end of sept or beginning of October to get the word out. If it happens I'll find a 2.6 charger to come down again.

You can borrow mine again, TJ. My blue truck is down because of trans problems. AGAIN.:bang