TDI Power mods

Mopar Man

What power mods are avalible for the TDI's? I would love to get one as a comuter/toy. But am trying to find out whats avalible to get some power out of them. Please let me know intakes, exhausts, Down pipes, turbos, injectors, chips/programers ect...
TIA

How far do you plan on going for mods? What year car? This list is for a VE pumped 97-03. For 175hp & 330ft/lbs (which is surprisingly fast):
-Tune from Rocketchip
-PP764 injectors from TDIParts.com
-17/22 hybrid turbo from TDIParts.com
-2.5" downpipe and straight exhaust
-PD150 or 2.75" or 3" turbo inlet pipe
-PD150 or custom intake manifold

If you want to hit 200hp, get a cam from Colt Cams and an 11mm pump head off of an auto car.

Downside with all of this is the factory clutch and flywheel is going to say FU. So you'll need a single mass flywheel and upgraded clutch. A limited slip diff is also highly recommended as traction becomes a major issue.

I'm a vendor over on tdiclub and make downpipes, intakes, turbo inlet pipes, and some other stuff. Shoot me a pm either here or over there for further details.

Dont really know what year is best or what year I want, I know I want a manuel trans Golf TDI. But at this point thats All I know. As you can see from my sig I cant really leave anything alone lol. So it whatever I get will probly end up getting modded prety good.

Dont really know what year is best or what year I want, I know I want a manuel trans Golf TDI. But at this point thats All I know. As you can see from my sig I cant really leave anything alone lol. So it whatever I get will probly end up getting modded prety good.
Go with a 00-03. The ALH engine gets the best mpg, easiest to mod, and has the most parts availible for it. It's basically the cummins 12v of the vw world. They use an electronically controlled bosch VE pump. The 04 and up engines use unit injection and are much more expensive to modify.

Awesome.....this is what I am wanting to pick up as well. Is the ALH in the 00-03 Jettas?

This is all new to me!

the 05 tdi beetle i got is like a super fast go cart. with A/C. LMAO but it's fun to drive.

Just to toss the idea into the ring, TDI-tailored water/methanol systems are available.

Keep an eye out for the March Diesel World magazine. I think the Jan issue is out soon or now. All I can say is that it was tough working in that engine bay, but it was fun from the drivers seat :)

I want to do a TDI Miata autoX car so badly. Imagine a smoke-stacked Miata burning rubber for show and then rocking around the course with consistent TQ. Not sure they have an SCCA class for that LOL.

Hey fella's. I just bout my wife a 02 jetta tdi yesterday and was wondering how much power the stock auto tranny would hold. I don't want to crazy just a little extra power. Who's the go to people for a tuner.

Hey fella's. I just bout my wife a 02 jetta tdi yesterday and was wondering how much power the stock auto tranny would hold. I don't want to crazy just a little extra power. Who's the go to people for a tuner.
They don't even hold stock power. They're as unreliable as 47rh/re's. 5 speed swap it and never look back.

A set of small injectors and a tune makes a hell of a difference though. The only good thing about an automatic car is that it has an 11mm injection pump from the factory. Manuals came with a 10mm for whatever reason.

Good to know Snow, I'm in the process of a rather extreme tdi build right now. Should be 250+whp and 350wtq. I still need water/meth kit....

kiefferdavis - The best pistons for a tdi are actually stock european pistons. The top is hollow to allow oil to cool them much better. The stock pistons just get sprayed from the bottom and that's it. A gentlemen named Frank Irving is the man to get them from. Tell him Matt Whitbread sent you 417-232-4634.

Whitbread, I'll have to look you up. How hefty is the 5-speed swap? Looked expensive on the TDI forums. I'm sure I'll burn my auto up soon. 108k on it so far.

Just got an '03 Jetta TDI. Lots of fun! Hooked up the Evry mod and it woke stuff up! Great mod for $5 in parts! Guess I'll have to keep it turned down for the tranny :(

Mopar Man, you are in So Cal right?

Yes Im in So Cal, Been wanting a TDI for a while but now im just driving the truck in my sig and working on saving up some to get a car, just not sure what car to get.

Whitbread, I'll have to look you up. How hefty is the 5-speed swap? Looked expensive on the TDI forums. I'm sure I'll burn my auto up soon. 108k on it so far.

Just got an '03 Jetta TDI. Lots of fun! Hooked up the Evry mod and it woke stuff up! Great mod for $5 in parts! Guess I'll have to keep it turned down for the tranny :(

get some 205 nozzles too i think they are like $120 with a 680 ohm resister, huge diference with those traction becomes an issue.

Deff stay with ALH motor. I work on Vw's and **** all day. ALH is best motor i think they ever made for a diesel! And yes deff swap your auto out if u want to throw anymore than stock power, bc like whit said auto dont hold up to stock power. i replaced autos at 60k already. but yes they are awesome vehicles to toy with and have good power and still get awesome fuel mileage unlike our trucks bc they cant get 40 mpgs

Look to spend twixt 1000-1500 bucks depending on where you get the parts at and if you have to buy VAG COM or not. I spent 1200 for all the parts from a gent that was parting out a manual car, the big stuff is easy, all the knick knacks are the killer. Other than that it is a really easy swap.

That's not as bad as I was expecting for a tranny swap. I'll have to start looking for parts.

Auto X Miata would be fun to see lol.

That's not as bad as I was expecting for a tranny swap. I'll have to start looking for parts.

Auto X Miata would be fun to see lol.

Just imagine a little Mazda with a stack right through the hood looking like baby locomotive going around the cones. There is a great joke about "cornering like it's on rails" in there somewhere LOL!

Back