PDA

View Full Version : ppump with jammer injectors?

powermad
09-10-2009, 03:51 AM
has anyone ever used jammer nozzles in conjunction with the p pump? and how well would a tuned p pump and jammers that were set up for a ppump work with a silver bullet? and will i pass smog with a p pumped 24valve with a valet switch?

CL2000
09-10-2009, 03:52 AM
no pass smog because of check engine light. You getting some ideas?

powermad
09-10-2009, 08:22 AM
lol im not sure. ive been thinking of a big vp pump but it sounds like if i want 600hp that will be streetable without a bunch of lope then i should p pump it. or just lower my goals. lol are you happy you did your p pump?

BgBlDodge
09-10-2009, 09:10 AM
A non lopey, streetable 600hp VP can be had no problem. Just don't run a HRVP, larger connector tubes/lines, and get a good set of injectors.

getblown5.9
09-10-2009, 09:52 AM
yes i know a guy who runs jammers in his p-pump 24v, 100hp jammers at that and they ran pretty good.

j-rod
09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
I know a guy running Jammer 5s.

powermad
09-11-2009, 02:16 AM
can anything be done with the jammers to make them better?

blu_by_u
09-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm still VP pumped, but I added 0.010" lift to the pintles and that really woke it up. I got that from Weston. He said it was good for about 40hp on my Jammer 5's. I don't have a before dyno but after I dyno'd 435hp and 941ft-lbs at a dyno day at Wyo-Tech in PA with everything in my signature.

MCForstenRacing
09-14-2009, 10:06 PM
600 hp vp can be done with no lope like BgDodge said good set of sticks

powermad
09-15-2009, 02:10 AM
i might have to talk to weston about tuning my jammers then. im going to be dynoing either this weekend at redding or at left coast diesel in october so after that im sending them out and dynoing after just to see if tuning the jammers makes a difference. i want to try and get 550 with the jammers.

blu_by_u
09-15-2009, 07:58 AM
That would be great to see the before and after results. I'm just going on things like seat dyno and being able to lose traction with lower TST settings than before.

It was pretty easy to add the lift myself. I had to borrow a couple of honing stones (coarse and fine), used my calipers to measure the pintles. I will say that I think my injectors are leaking now because of hard starts and a good puff of white smoke at startup, but these nozzles have roughly 50k on them. From what I recall when talking to Weston, he has some really good prices on a complete set of injectors that should out perform our Jammers on power with less smoke. I felt bad when I went to pass someone on a 2 lane highway and saw that I couldn't see the guy waiting behind me to pass, through the smoke. And that was with the TST on 2 where I daily drive! Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with the performance of the injectors, but when it comes time to replace them, I'm probably going to buy a set from Weston.

I don't see why you couldn't get 550hp with your setup and some lift. My stock turbo was really holding me back, judging by the flat line on the dyno.