PDA

View Full Version : USA-EAST rules meetings

rickFPP
09-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Full Pull Productions will host a 'rules meeting' for all interested 4x4 truck pullers on Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 7:00pm at the Lawrence County Fairgrounds near New Castle, Pennsylvania. This will be the only 'rules meeting' of 2009 - there is NO meeting at Bloomsburg this year.

The USA-EAST officials will be on hand to listen to the ideas/concerns, etc of all 4x4 truck pullers. Once these ideas/concerns are voiced the officials will develop the rules for the various classes for the 2010 season.

Pullers should enter the fairgrounds directly from Route 108 - across from the high school. the normal rear gate is not open at this time of year.

rickFPP
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM
we have already had some interest shown for adopting the NADM 2.6 rules for 2010. i would like the pullers in that class to come to the meeting ready to offer the PROS and CONS for such a move. thanks.

i did ask Gene to attend our meeting, but he has to be in Texas for the week-end event with his group and is unavailable.

wanabsledpuller
09-28-2009, 08:25 PM
:snoop::snoop:that would be a very smart move on full pulls part,now lets get the rwyb class open up,then we'll all be happy,

HIGH TECH RAM
10-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I'd be all for NADM rules for 2010.

malibu795
10-04-2009, 12:36 PM
I'd be all for NADM rules for 2010.

x2

i like that idea..

cumminsconvoy
10-05-2009, 11:26 AM
X3 i would love to see super street rules it would open the diesel class up to alot of good trucks

DISTURBED
10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
X3 i would love to see super street rules it would open the diesel class up to alot of good trucks

X4 I would make quite a few of the hooks along with a few other East Coast trucks

bulldog5.9
10-05-2009, 05:28 PM
you can run rwyb just take the Dual wheels off

HIGH TECH RAM
10-05-2009, 05:32 PM
I'd make it to alot more if NADM rules were adapted. So would others

bulldog5.9
10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
for what class

malibu795
10-05-2009, 05:55 PM
for what class

any class i think is what he was going for.

JOHNBOY
10-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Rumor was going around that FPP 2.6 will go to the same rules as NADM 2.6 and FPP Pro Stock will go to NADM SS. I can not see them opening up RWYB rules as the the gassers will be crying like crazy. If PS goes open driveline I will most likely be in 2.6 for 2010. I dont have the budget for replacing my driveline and adding the power to be competitive in PS if that happens. Not that I have a problem with it. I just know I can not make that jump this winter.

HIGH TECH RAM
10-05-2009, 06:21 PM
2.6 primarily but the super street rules as well

bulldog5.9
10-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Pro Stock Diesel class been working well

timlb703
10-05-2009, 08:01 PM
I know I have not had a dog in the fight this year but, I would like the open driveline. I have fought the driveline half the year to attempt making it down the track with the power that I feel it takes to be competive. In my eyes it would be a one time expence. Thumbs up for SS rules for me.

bulldog5.9
10-05-2009, 08:18 PM
rwyb class has a open driveline

PowerMax
10-05-2009, 08:59 PM
rwyb class has a open driveline

I always thought the reason behind the RWYB class was to give the open driveline guys a class. Gassers in that class shouldn't bother any of the diesel pullers out there.

cumminsconvoy
10-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I always thought the reason behind the RWYB class was to give the open driveline guys a class. Gassers in that class shouldn't bother any of the diesel pullers out there.

Not true matt if a diesel starts winning they change the weight and I they will not let duals gassers and diesel shouldn't run together they are too different animals

wanabsledpuller
10-05-2009, 09:51 PM
get cut tires in it,an open up the turbo rule,

bulldog5.9
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
that was just to equal out the class

cumminsconvoy
10-05-2009, 10:02 PM
get cut tires in it,an open up the turbo rule,

Lol :hehe: you would think so but I think rwyb has the most rules

cumminsconvoy
10-05-2009, 10:11 PM
that was just to equal out the class

Yeah and no duals turn away alot of good diesel trucks ask scott blair or jermy denson to name a few

bulldog5.9
10-05-2009, 10:14 PM
whats the big deal to take the duals off? u did just fine this year pulling

cumminsconvoy
10-05-2009, 10:31 PM
whats the big deal to take the duals off? u did just fine this year pulling

I like to run duals its more foot print and its more power to the ground and its a pain to change my tires each week because everywhere else allow duals and why do ps get duals

nwpadmax
10-05-2009, 10:36 PM
I haven't been around very long, but it seems to me like the guys who started RWYB were the gasser guys....so they deserve some respect.

The class has always been a balancing act. How else can you put big cube NA gassers against forced induction diesels? Oh yeah and you want a weight advantage? Oh yeah and you want duals?

Come on guys, get real.

cumminsconvoy
10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
I haven't been around very long, but it seems to me like the guys who started RWYB were the gasser guys....so they deserve some respect.

The class has always been a balancing act. How else can you put big cube NA gassers against forced induction diesels? Oh yeah and you want a weight advantage? Oh yeah and you want duals?

Come on guys, get real.

That's what I'm saying I don't want to run with the gas trucks that's why I would like to see ss rules and I don't want to mess up the pro stock class I know rick can't make a class for everyone but I think they need 3 diesel classes a 2.6, 3.0 andSS

nwpadmax
10-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh, I get where you're coming from Wayne....sorry I took it the wrong way. Carry on!

Seeya Thursday?

rickFPP
10-06-2009, 02:16 PM
OK. now the promoter's view. our clients (fairs) want a 'variety' show. some trucks - some tractors - some semis. they are not going to seriously look at an NADM style pull with four classes of diesel trucks. so we must be very careful as to how many truck classes we offer or else each class will only get six or seven hooks in the season.

IF we offer 2.6 and 3.0 and SStreet and RWYB, the clients will choose ONE of those and they will definitely go with the 'less expensive' class. guess what happens to the Super Street!!

for 2010 I see three classes for Diesels -2.6; ProStreet and RWYB. i see three classes for Gassers -Stock; Pro Street and RWYB.

RWYB is a very easy class to sell because it brings the very best of two different classes together for one purse structure. Fair like it - fans like it and the classes is very very competitive. - see canfield results!!!

these are all classes that can be sold and each of the classes should end up with ten or so hooks for points with USA-EAST.

now i have talked to Gene at NADM and we are certainly able to schedule an NADM Super Street class IF there is a demand for the class.

HIGH TECH RAM
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I vote for 3 diesel classes
Superstreet(NADM)
and RWYB

BigB82789
10-06-2009, 05:51 PM
I vote for 3 diesel classes
Superstreet(NADM)
and RWYB

2.6 With NADM rules. hanging weight and solid suspension. FPP has and will loose more trucks if they don't adopt these two rules...

bulldog5.9
10-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I go to most FPP pulls and there is never a lack of trucks in any classs.Why dont u show up and u will see.

JOHNBOY
10-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I like to run duals its more foot print and its more power to the ground and its a pain to change my tires each week because everywhere else allow duals and why do ps get duals

This is the trouble with the RWYB class. The old gasser guard prefers to outlaw stuff instead of step up. The reason duals are not allowed is that Drew ran them in 2006 and stomped the gassers. They outlawed the Duals to try to keep the beat downs from happening. The very next year Jeremy Davis was the Class of the field. He ran 36" STSs. Instead of stepping up they just came up with the 35" x 10.5" tire rule. The attitude of the gassers is bring the class down to them.

I think it is stupid that "Run What You Brung" with its open driveline runs less tire then PSD. Totally gay if you ask me. To me "RWYB" should have cut tires with its open driveline. It is Run What You Brung Bring lots.

If PSD goes open you will not see Diesels in RWYB IMHO. The engine rules are the same. The only thing seperating RWYB from PSD is the driveline. Remove that and no diesels in RWYB because of the gasser driven rules.

To me RWYB needs to get rid of the stupid tire rules. Bring on the cuts.

rawdog
10-06-2009, 07:02 PM
This is the trouble with the RWYB class. The old gasser guard prefers to outlaw stuff instead of step up. The reason duals are not allowed is that Drew ran them in 2006 and stomped the gassers. They outlawed the Duals to try to keep the beat downs from happening. The very next year Jeremy Davis was the Class of the field. He ran 36" STSs. Instead of stepping up they just came up with the 35" x 10.5" tire rule. The attitude of the gassers is bring the class down to them.

I think it is stupid that "Run What You Brung" with its open driveline runs less tire then PSD. Totally gay if you ask me. To me "RWYB" should have cut tires with its open driveline. It is Run What You Brung Bring lots.

If PSD goes open you will not see Diesels in RWYB IMHO. The engine rules are the same. The only thing seperating RWYB from PSD is the driveline. Remove that and no diesels in RWYB because of the gasser driven rules.

run what ya brung and hope you brought enough.christ there are pulls in o.h. that pose the gassere with the mod diesels and it is neck and neck.my point being,sounds like the gassers need to step it up in that class.you cant tell me they wont want to run cut tires.

JOHNBOY
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Maybe the answer is to give the middle ground gas guys some place to go. Like a Pro Stock Gas class. Not all gasser dont want cuts. There is a huge step between Street Gas and RWYB. a 'tweener class might be an idea to think about.

HIGH TECH RAM
10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
2.6 With NADM rules. hanging weight and solid suspension. FPP has and will loose more trucks if they don't adopt these two rules...
I agree 100%
I go to most FPP pulls and there is never a lack of trucks in any classs.Why dont u show up and u will see.

There also tons of competitve trucks that pull multiple times a week and refuse to pull with FPP due to the 2" travel and no hanging weight rules. You get rid of those and the competition will get a lot more fierce. IMO

bulldog5.9
10-06-2009, 07:51 PM
well thats there choice

cboycadi
10-06-2009, 08:46 PM
hey john they have already added a pro street gas for 2010.

cumminsconvoy
10-07-2009, 12:59 PM

:clap: at least give us duals not stupid 35"x10.5 single

bulldog5.9
10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
duals or cuts

wanabsledpuller
10-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I Think More Gasser Boys Want Cut Tires ,then You Think,AN THROW THAT 3.0 OUT OF THE WINDOW,YOU DONT NEED THAT,THAT CLASS YOUR NOT ALOUD TO RUN TWINS,I'M NOT REFERING TO ME,YOU HAVE A FEW PROSTOCK TRUCKS THAT HAVE THEM,AN THEY DO COME TO THE PULLS,IF YOU GO NADM SUPERSTREET,THAT WILL STILL KEEP THE SINGLE CHARGERS AN THE 3.2 TWINS

cumminsconvoy
10-08-2009, 12:23 PM
cuts are a very expensive step i already have mine but is everyone else ready to make the jump

Ragged Edge
10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I say pro stock diesels with unlimited single, oem driveline and a super street class open driveline and what ever for chargers that way you have a econo big diesel class and the high dollar class

Sledpuller
10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Sorry I can't make the meeting, but I will tell you, NADM will work with FPP to help grow Diesel pulling in the east.

rickFPP
10-08-2009, 10:29 PM
gene ... FPP has adopted the NADM 2.6 rules for 2010. however the other classes will stay pretty much the same as in the past. meeting went well tonight. when you get back from TX we will have to try to coordinate on some of the issues.

BigB82789
10-17-2009, 01:47 PM
gene ... FPP has adopted the NADM 2.6 rules for 2010. however the other classes will stay pretty much the same as in the past. meeting went well tonight. when you get back from TX we will have to try to coordinate on some of the issues.

Glad every one came to an agreement, look forward to hooking with ya next year :rockwoot: :evil

rawdog
11-11-2009, 03:22 PM
when are the prostock rules going to be posted?

rickFPP
11-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Pro Stock Diesel 4x4 RULES for 2010.

Same Rules as 2009 with two (2) changes:

1. A complete fire suit is required for all drivers.
2. The radiator may be moved out of the engine compartment.

CTD03
11-14-2009, 10:54 PM
fire suit how about for some guy or women that wants to compete for the first time in prostreet? do they need to have a fire suit

cboycadi
11-14-2009, 11:08 PM
That is what we came up with at the meeting saftey first.