PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots

Mooring Product
01-31-2007, 08:18 AM
I have water spots on my back windows. How do you take them out?

Mooring Product
02-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Anyone?

Amish Elegance
02-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I tried this on a truck I had back in "scoo." Lightly dampen a paper towell with CLR or Lime Away. Use only on glass. Poof! Gone.

Use enough so it doesn't run on the paint. I never got it on mine, but if I did I'm sure it wouldn't be good for it. Have a wet paper towel ready if it does. Then finish clean the window with your regular window cleaner. :snoop:

nummit
02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Did you see this thread from earlier?

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535

The product called Sparkle in my post works awesome...easy on easy off!

TooMuchBoost
02-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Did you see this thread from earlier?

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535

The produst called Sparkle in my post works awesome...easy on easy off!

What he said.

I had never heard about the vinegar so I would try it before I compounded it though compound has always worked for me.

bonecrusher
06-19-2007, 09:32 PM
When you do get them clean, Apply some wax. Maybe even two coats. Water really beads up and no more spots. I wax my side windows too. Easier to clean too.

TooMuchBoost
06-20-2007, 05:14 AM
Presta Fast Wax is the bomb on glass and it's pretty inexpensive.

impmouse
07-06-2007, 07:07 PM
if you have a high speed buffer use a yellow buff pad (wool) and some reg wax or what ever you use to wax the truck with .... nother trick is for you smokers front windshield get that yellow stuff on the rag ,, you clean and clean the front window still looks bad at night ,,, try wax ,, i know ,i know ,, but it works ... that glass will look just as good in the day ,as it does at night..

TurboDieselFTW
07-31-2007, 06:52 PM
some good info here, the wax one works great

JRJernigan
11-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I was shown by a guy from an autobody shop how to get really deep water spots off. You take a fine steel wool with liquid rubbing compound and buff the window with circles. I thought he was crazy but I was told that from a detailer at a dealership too and it worked great and no scratches! Blew my mind.

ROSKOE115
11-29-2007, 02:48 PM
ok there are two easy things to do. first. mix vintager and water 1 to 1 or 50% to 50% how ever you see it and that should work. the other thing you could do is use a clay bar. clay magic, or Maguires, or even mothers, in which you could get at autozone auto part store of some type. if you buy the just the bar you must use a lubricant of some kind mostly soap and water will work. be sure it stays wet though and don't use anything petroleum base. clay bar is nice because you can use it on anything that doesn't have a texture. good for bug removal or taking off over spray anything. it is a overall good thing just to have.

scoggins
12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Vodka and water (50/50) in a spray bottle wipe with paper towel or news paper.
after use 000 or 0000 steel wool and liquid wax ; this also works really great on chrome too

Racebooths
12-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Vodka and water (50/50) in a spray bottle wipe with paper towel or news paper.
after use 000 or 0000 steel wool and liquid wax ; this also works really great on chrome too

Thats a waste of good vodka. Go to walmart or auto parts store get some $2.50 buffing compound and the $2.00 blue auto paper towels. Drink a little of the vodka, polish out 1/4 of the window, drink some more vodka polish another 1/4 of the window. Now get some more vodka but this time you say "screw the window" and you just drink more vodka. The next day you get to polish the other 1/2 of the window and you didn't have to waste any vodka. Put some good wax on the window every 4-6 months and you won't have to polish the window anymore. Then you can stick to just drinking the Vodka.

Mooring Product
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
How do you get throw up off the bed liner?

scoggins
12-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Thats a waste of good vodka. Go to walmart or auto parts store get some $2.50 buffing compound and the $2.00 blue auto paper towels. Drink a little of the vodka, polish out 1/4 of the window, drink some more vodka polish another 1/4 of the window. Now get some more vodka but this time you say "screw the window" and you just drink more vodka. The next day you get to polish the other 1/2 of the window and you didn't have to waste any vodka. Put some good wax on the window every 4-6 months and you won't have to polish the window anymore. Then you can stick to just drinking the Vodka.

Don't use good vodka... use somethng like Mr. Boston or Gibbles not Grey Goose

Did not know I need to explain that part:bang

Or use a really fine steel wool (000 or 0000) and wax the them using the steel wool

ramtough01
03-15-2008, 07:17 PM
How do you get throw up off the bed liner?

pressure washer lol

Abrannan19
03-15-2008, 07:31 PM
a good new razor blade will get off water spots too.