Interior: PUKE!

JasonCzerak

Well, there's no interior care section.

I'm livid, as you might figure from the very subject of this thread.

In a nutshell, I said no 5 times atleast. Threatened if she pukes you guys are cleaning and paying for it. didn't even get a seat belt on her and she puked. She didn't get that ride home. She has a "husband" that should be taking care of the birthday girl. Instead... err that's another story. My GF is in the dog house for suggesting such retardation.

I mean, your on the verge of puking, and you want to get a ride home in a truck, that's smart. the soft cushiony ride of a 2500 6-speed manual will keep the fluids down!

It's 2 am. I'm home. I'm reading the carpet cleaner.

I got 100% of the visible stuff and what I could out from under the moldings that detach easily at the gas station. lots of water on everything with puke She missed the freaking floor mat for the most part

The last place I figure there's some residual is under the B-pillar molding. The only cleaner I have is some spray pet smell cleaner we use for the rugs and floor when the cats puke. Figure it has to help something. hot water and a vac.

Any other suggestions?

pull the offending items and clean them...

I'd pull the damn rug and hose it off at the coin-op car wash

no way I could stand having any amount of puke left over in my truck :eek:

Pulling the entire carpet is not that easy. Seats, subs, amps. b-pill and c-pillar plastic..

I've got the bottom of the b-piller pulled away. nothing back there. I can get access with the rug cleaner to all affected areas. hopefully the quick initial clean up action was key here.

I used a product call Zero that kills all the smell of some pretty foul stuff, I'll put it this way my lab had the ****s while I was at work, came home and for the love of God I wanted to die from the sight and smell, but that stuff worked. On your dash I use a vinagar and water mix. I make my GF's friend clean that.

I puked in the back of my friends dodge, Had a little to much fun one night...Funny you mention this, he called me last week to tell me that the smell has come back, almost a year to the day. And he wasn't joking

We ripped out the carpet this time and when we did, the smell under the carpet was awful. We then cleaned the floor, took the carpet and pressured washed it with soap, odor eliminator, etc, etc... and it didn't smell as bad, But still it had a faint smell that I'm sure heat would bring up.

So if you take any advice from this, it would be to take the carpet out and do it right, You might have better luck then we did. I just ordered a whole new carpet for him, It was the least I could do. And he is also laying down some dynomat, so it could be a excuse to do something similar. Good luck!

Jason, I have the origional carpet out of my 03 that I would sell for pretty cheap if it will help you... it just needs a good steam cleaning. No puke though,, LOL

try puttin the truck in the shade with the windows up and an open bag of coffee in it..or spread it out on a cookie sheet or something..it might just suck up the smell..ive heard that or charcoal

Well, the smell is in the carpet, not in the air. so how does charcoal/coffee fix that?

So far, leaving a healthy dose of the pet cleaner over night and I can't smell the puke, just the cleaner.. went out and bought some profession carpet cleaner. I plan to run over it again and leave the windows down for things to dry out..

The water that I dumped outa the cleaner was brown.. heh. I think I got alot of the puke.

As far as the amount. I'd say average, but most of it did get out side. I had little puddles near the seat bolts, on the plastic mat. little on the corner of the 40% seat. So, handfull in side.. Still one handful too much tho! :)

I may still un-bolt the driver seat and get a few swipes in that area. Just with the weather, I'm chancing rain...

This girl is 90# 5'. tiny thing. She can drink enough to get my "beer drinking only" butt drunk under the table in no time flat.

Morkable, What color?

My girl puked in my truck as well.Most of it went outside but some hit the door panel and door sill.The worst part though there was about a handfull that landed on the bottom part of the seat cushion.She was drinking cherry UV and had pot roast sandwich for dinner so you can imagine the color.The stain is still there along with the stain from the cleaner.

She said she will pay for it(have not seen a cent yet)
Looking into Katzkin or a new seat.

i dont care if ya use it or not. they absorb the smell...whatever ..suck it up...my truk dont stink

I was just asking how.. not if it actually works.. doesn't make sense to me. :)

like that box of baking soda in the fridge, it gets all the junky smells, but as soon as you take it out, they come back.

thanks for the idea tho.

when i actually went out a lot, i kept a 5 gallon bucket in the bed and handed it to anyone in that state. had my friend so drunk he puked in the bucket, carried it inside to show his step dad what he caught..hahahah

my buddy puked in the backseat of my brand new 04 mach 1. car had less than 500 miles on it.....

i had the same thing happen and i think her mom cleaned it with "white vinnegar" and never smelled it again after that..

Back