PDA

View Full Version : boost controlers, external wastegates

Jff24Gordn
02-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Ive got a tial F38 on my truck with a low buck boost controler. I have the shortest amount of hose that I can get by with and it seems the pressure in the wastegate is lagging behind the boost when it climbs under hard acceleration because I can hear the gate flutter open through the mid 20s to mid 30 psi The gate has a 12psi spring in it. It is plumbed with 1/4" hose.
Should I put more springs in the gate, or get a better boost controler? Or maybe get a smaller turbo because my 68mm just moves too much air.:ft:

joefarmer
02-04-2007, 11:40 PM
I always wanted a Turbosmart E-boost controller for it, but I never had the $$$ for it. The riceboys snap 'em up on ebay pretty quick.

brnaodn.

bartc_2
02-05-2007, 07:41 PM
adding a larger signal line to the gate might help.. if you are running 30+psi of boost then i would get at least a 30psi springs.....

bartc_2
02-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I always wanted a Turbosmart E-boost controller for it, but I never had the $$$ for it. The riceboys snap 'em up on ebay pretty quick.

brnaodn.

those things are pieces of **** they are very touchy when it comes to change the boost ....

dzlfarmboy
02-05-2007, 08:44 PM
those things are pieces of **** they are very touchy when it comes to change the boost ....

I use a TurboSmart manual controller but its with my internal wastegate and it seems to work well i just set the wastegate at the lowest pressure i want and turn the nob up and it bleeds of the pressure to allow more boost...$.02