PDA

View Full Version : What is this truck worth? How to tell if it had a programmer..

wpeschel
10-16-2009, 12:23 AM
What is the best way to tell if there has been a Module, or programmer on a early 07 durmax? I am looking at this truck in my hometown tomorrow and was wondering what it is worth? Thanks in advance..

GMC : Sierra 2500:eBay Motors (item 260488991036 end time Oct-16-09 12:50:17 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260488991036&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

huntinducks82
10-16-2009, 05:59 AM
I would say 25 or 26 would be all i would pay for it. As far as the programmer, there is really no way to tell if it had one in it or not. I would grab the vin # and get it checked to see what all has been fixed on the truck. Sometimes with the vin check you can tell weather its a good truck or not. Good luck Looks Nice in the pics.

wpeschel
10-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks man.. I went and looked at it again this morning real good, and found a couple of very minor flaws that I don't like. I will go and drive it later today, I wanna see how it rides and drives with that lift. I noticed that it does not have hardly any up travel on the front a arms before the bumpstops hit. There is a spot on the passengerside front fender where the tire has came in contact with the fender, it is very minor, but it is still there.. The asking price on the window is 31k, but I was thinking more around 28k or less..

JoshH
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks man.. I went and looked at it again this morning real good, and found a couple of very minor flaws that I don't like. I will go and drive it later today, I wanna see how it rides and drives with that lift. I noticed that it does not have hardly any up travel on the front a arms before the bumpstops hit. There is a spot on the passengerside front fender where the tire has came in contact with the fender, it is very minor, but it is still there.. The asking price on the window is 31k, but I was thinking more around 28k or less..That is actually normal. They aren't really bump stops. They are what they call jounce bumpers. Since torsion bars have a linear spring rate, they put those bumpers in there so the rate is sort of progressive. Go look at a stock height truck and you will see that the A arms may actually be touching. Some do and some don't, but they will certainly be very close to touching if they aren't.