PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Mileage

boatman22
02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
First post here but been reading allot for the past few months. I'm sure my question has been asked before,,,but I did a search and didn't really find an answer.

I'm looking at buying a '08 Dodge 3500 SRW when they come out. It has been my understanding that Cummings engines get the best fuel mileage of the diesels. I have talk to a few people in parking lots that have the 06-07 trucks to see what they are getting in the real world. Most say 16-20MPH around town. I kind of wonder if they are stretching it a little. I've been reading here that some are only getting 10-12MPH. I will be towing a 12000lbs boat and am not concerned with mileage while towing...(I know it will suck). This will be a daily driver so that is what I would like to know from those on this forum.. Thanks for any help and I hope to learn allot from
you’ all.

Billysgoat
02-07-2007, 07:16 PM
well, there is one small problem, with an 08' model year truck you will be getting the 6.7 motor which we really haven't heard much about. Maybe some of the folks who have one can chime in here and enlighten us.