PDA

View Full Version : power wagon with cummins?

DieselMissy04
02-08-2007, 10:42 PM
has anyone heard about dodge dropping a cummins in the new[er] powerwagons? i read an article in diesel power about a guy that bought a stock PW and went and got the diesel engine put in.. but i heard it may be too front-end heavy? plus i think it cost 10k +

ive always loved a power wagon, so the day dodge comes out with a diesel in em.. im gonna sell everything i have :bow: [granted it'd probably be cheaper to just add on the PW mods onto my truck now :doh: ]

partsguy662
02-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Ya'all aren't going to sell yourself too, are ya? :hehe:

TooMuchBoost
02-08-2007, 11:35 PM
has anyone heard about dodge dropping a cummins in the new[er] powerwagons? i read an article in diesel power about a guy that bought a stock PW and went and got the diesel engine put in.. but i heard it may be too front-end heavy? plus i think it cost 10k +

ive always loved a power wagon, so the day dodge comes out with a diesel in em.. im gonna sell everything i have :bow: [granted it'd probably be cheaper to just add on the PW mods onto my truck now :doh: ]

Last year TDR magazine listed the many reason why it will never happen....

byrdawg
02-10-2007, 09:37 AM
many think the diesel is too heavy for some hard core wheeling in the soft stuff. also....you wouldnt be able to fit both the winch and the intercooler at the same time. at least not with where the factor pw winch is

HouTex
02-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Silly girl

DBogo
02-10-2007, 10:47 AM
it would be easier to get a 2500 and deck it out with powerwagon emblems and flares and all them goodies

DieselMissy04
02-10-2007, 10:52 AM
it would be easier to get a 2500 and deck it out with powerwagon emblems and flares and all them goodies

yeah thats pretty much what i figured. get a winch, skid plates, fender flares.. oh well. i thought it would be cool to have the only diesel PW around:snoop:

byrdawg
02-10-2007, 01:15 PM
i still consider my diesel a power wagon. haha....shes got ton of power, thats for sure.

Cowboy_Customs
02-10-2007, 01:55 PM
...... But still, a FACTORY cummins PW? I keep wondering this myself. Why not?? Im a first genner, but if/when dodge ever does this id be in line to get my hands on one. Good truck, WRONG motor. And seriously, u spend 40K on a truck, the average joe customer isnt going to wheel the flog out of it, come on, some one said itd be too front heavy for the soft stuff, a winch adds what, 500 Lbs MAX??? If you want to wheel a diesel, being front heavy is the price u pay, maybe you should have bought a Hemi! Id love to see a factory cummins power wagon.

haz-mat19
02-10-2007, 02:48 PM
yeah thats pretty much what i figured. get a winch, skid plates, fender flares.. oh well. i thought it would be cool to have the only diesel PW around:snoop:
A guy already built one, it was in diesel power a few months ago. It was pretty sweet:Cheer:

Billysgoat
02-10-2007, 04:54 PM
...... But still, a FACTORY cummins PW? I keep wondering this myself. Why not?? Im a first genner, but if/when dodge ever does this id be in line to get my hands on one. Good truck, WRONG motor. And seriously, u spend 40K on a truck, the average joe customer isnt going to wheel the flog out of it, come on, some one said itd be too front heavy for the soft stuff, a winch adds what, 500 Lbs MAX??? If you want to wheel a diesel, being front heavy is the price u pay, maybe you should have bought a Hemi! Id love to see a factory cummins power wagon.

Him don't know me very well...do he??? LOL

The goat about 2 months after I bought it, and it's just gone downhill from there :bang

Cowboy_Customs
02-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, like I said the "average" joe customer..... were anything but average right? lol Thatd be me too, Id get a brand new truck burried to the rockers if i could. I took my uncles wheelin at the local fair parking lot (field) just trying to get a good parkin spot. maybe 1000 miles on the truck? hehehehe he just asked how it did in the mud when he found the mud that fell off the wheel well onto the tire that night after the wash. :doh:

HouTex
02-10-2007, 11:34 PM
A guy already built one, it was in diesel power a few months ago. It was pretty sweet:Cheer:

Read her previous post.:what:

DieselMissy04
02-11-2007, 01:06 PM

Yeah-- I skipped my welding lab to read it one day in the AET office :rolleyes: a cummins PW had a lot more justification in my life than a fusion weld!

haz-mat19
02-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Whoops missed that:doh: Sorry alittle wet brain:Cheer: