PDA

View Full Version : 2008 fuel system

ward.racing
11-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I have a 08 Ford F-350 with 66k on it. at 64k a new motor was installed. I was headed to texas last sunday and it just died and wouldnt start. I had a half of tank of fuel and it was acting like it was empty. After getting back to my shop it had just a small amount of water in the fuel. to be safe i drained the tank and flushed the lines and it still would start. I checked the Fuel Pressure and the LP is good but im only getting around 3-4k of rail pressure while cranking. I took it to the ford house because it should still be under warranty but they are denying the warranty and stating i need all 8 injectors and new high presssure pump. they want 8k to fix it. so needless to say its in my shop and im wondering if anyone knew if i could get injectors and fuel pump anywhere cheaper than the factory. Ive looked a couple places but no luck so far.

'Powerstroke7.3
11-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Thats crazy man. There is no way that they can deny your warranty unless there is something else you arent telling us. Like they are denying it because of mods? Whats the deal?

What do they think YOU did is what I am trying to get at I guess.

ward.racing
11-05-2009, 05:16 PM
No its bone stock they just put a motor in it 2k miles ago. They said it was contaminated fuel. But I pulled a sample and its clean at the valve to check pressure. And I filled up my 08 dodge and my dads 99 ford the same nite same store and they are clean as can be.

12v Ford
11-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Sometimes dealers will try to pull that bad fuel excuse. I'd be raising a holy fit, it is definately on them if you ask me.

morkable
11-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I would try another dealer

Bobus
12-30-2009, 10:45 PM
I had the Dealer try to Use bad Fuel on My '06 when it dropped injectors.. I argued and won they fixed it.. But my neighbor had injectors go, they denied him and he just went and paid oughta pocket for injectors.. even though he was entitled to warranty also.. There just hopin to get you to cover it so they don't have too

dzchey21
01-02-2010, 01:52 AM
I had a similar issue with my truck when i bought it because their was sand in the fuel system, I couldnt deny that, but i bought the truck like that not knowing... the dealer i bought it from made it right.

At any rate I learned a few things about the dealers and ford durring this process. Some dealerships are called STEALERSHIPS for a reason, and they dont want ford to pay for their part at any cost, That being said i would find another dealer first, just hope that they didnt flag it (they didnt flag mine) and another dealership will probably do the work for you. The other thing is sometimes you have to fight the dealer and/or ford with legal action to make things right, even if that means you pay for the work, get a loan whatever it takes, and then let the legal system handle it and get your money back, as well as court/lawyer fees, sucks thats what the world has come to, but it has. Good luck I hope ford makes it right, I know if they werent going to take care of me, I wasnt going to be buying another ford, and Ford knows this... customer service goes along way.

If it says anything the first dealer had said that i had a bad injector, that started the whole deal, they told me i needed a new HPFP, injectors, fuel lines, low pressure fuel pump, filters and filter bowls. Been running the same "bad" injector for 16,000 miles, TUNED, with probably close to 75 sub 13 sec passes last year with NO issues at all since...