PDA

View Full Version : Secondary turbo (twins)

jambbii
02-12-2007, 01:54 PM
I am running an hx35/40 12cm2 turbo on top of my ht3b. I know the 12cm2 housing is killing me but I have a large external wastegate that helps a little. Is there any better flowing turbo that I can use my existing hot pipe with? I am lazy and don't feel like building a new hot pipe. I have a lot of fuel right now and I want to you use it all.

Josh

Signature600
02-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Not really...you could have someone stick a bigger wheel in the 3B.

A B2 spins the other way, and a HT4C probably won't fit in the same space.

I'd say making a hybrid is the best bet...I'd think City Diesel could help. I think Brad Ponci is running something like that!

Chris

Trapper
02-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Josh have you talked to Ken at TAD? He has a ton of turbos over thier. Also I havent got the chance to raid some of the local bigrig wrecking yards yet.

jambbii
02-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Not really...you could have someone stick a bigger wheel in the 3B.

A B2 spins the other way, and a HT4C probably won't fit in the same space.

I'd say making a hybrid is the best bet...I'd think City Diesel could help. I think Brad Ponci is running something like that!

Chris

Secondary turbo is the small guy on the top:D

Signature600
02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Whoops...my brain wasn't talking to my fingers and eyes:D:D

I second what Trapper says then...if you're in AZ, talk to TAD!

As far as something else hooking directly to you're hotpipe, I doub't it! Did you make a bolt on style or use the V-band flange?

Chris

jambbii
02-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I made a bolt on hot pipe. I figure I am screwed as far as turbos go. Ken is in Florida for a week so I will see if I can get a hold of him later. Maybe I will just build another set of turbos :bang

Trapper
02-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Josh I might try to come by tomorrow to bs with you.

moneymaker44
02-14-2007, 12:51 AM
nice set of twins for sale on ebay right now for 1K !!!!!! to bad i can't swing the funds for that right now :(