PDA

View Full Version : What a day at Garmon's

Billyram
11-15-2009, 08:20 AM
I would like to give Jeff and all that helped put this together a big thank you. This was the largest gathering of friends and bad ass trucks I've been to in a while. Jeff really knowes how to show his appreciation to his supporters. It was unfortunate that anyone had to miss this one but I'm sure there'll be more.
Thank you
Billy

Fourx4Fabber
11-15-2009, 08:48 AM
I second what Billyram Stated, excellent job by Jeff and crew! Great weather, good friends, good food and black smoke in the air, what more could anybody need- did I mention the cold beer? thanks again Jeff - next time I'm bringing you a rocket to add to the 30mm round.

dbethune
11-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks Jeff had a great time. Lot of nice trucks. Hate I had to leave early.

Billyram
11-15-2009, 09:00 AM
I second what Billyram Stated, excellent job by Jeff and crew! Great weather, good friends, good food and black smoke in the air, what more could anybody need- did I mention the cold beer? thanks again Jeff - next time I'm bringing you a rocket to add to the 30mm round.
You're hanging out in the right places for great information and fun. Welcome to CompDiesel.
Billy

11-15-2009, 11:20 AM
O yea..it was great,,,

Mudn_1
11-15-2009, 01:03 PM
I had a great time indeed! thanks!!! And especially thanks to jeff for taking the time to pop my injectors! i realy appreciate it!

it was great as always to jibber jabber with all ya'll clowns!

triton
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
So I hear this was a great shin dig with at least 300 people. Congrats to Jeff for another successful throw down for the enthusiast

We need more details.....

How was the smoke out ? What was the high dyno number ? Pics of trucks that won the awards ? Who was the drunkest ? LOL details people !!!

11-15-2009, 05:22 PM
So I hear this was a great shin dig with at least 300 people. Congrats to Jeff for another successful throw down for the enthusiast

We need more details.....

How was the smoke out ? What was the high dyno number ? Pics of trucks that won the awards ? Who was the drunkest ? LOL details people !!!

The smoke out was good...Phil taylor was the highest horsepower..not going to post his number ,not sure if he wants it posted.. had a few gas burners on the dyno..:rockwoot: HD a few dumbasses do burnouts in the street

triton
11-15-2009, 05:35 PM
The smoke out was good...Phil taylor was the highest horsepower..not going to post his number ,not sure if he wants it posted.. had a few gas burners on the dyno..:rockwoot: HD a few dumbasses do burnouts in the street

Surprising that out of all those trucks, Phil's pull the high number. I was also surprised to see that Brian's very nicely truck only did 600 and change. Maybe it's harder for 12V's to drop high numbers ?? I'm sure it's pretty scary on the street at that level though anyway !

Was it that white truck on steroids that won best engineered ?

11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
I have no clue who got the trophy

Timebomb
11-15-2009, 06:18 PM
:rockwoot: Post some numbers !!!! Sounds like everyone had a blast.

Slowpoke
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
We all had a great time. Glad to see such a good crowd and everyone having fun.

Surprising that out of all those trucks, Phil's pull the high number. I was also surprised to see that Brian's very nicely truck only did 600 and change. Maybe it's harder for 12V's to drop high numbers ?? I'm sure it's pretty scary on the street at that level though anyway !

Gosh thanks for the vote of confidence Ty. BTW it was the drag truck.

Was it that white truck on steroids that won best engineered ?

Yes

I have no clue who got the trophy

His name is Bradley Ballard

triton
11-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Gosh thanks for the vote of confidence Ty. BTW it was the drag truck.

oh now Phil :Cheer: .... your truck is bad a$$, just didn't think it had a real high hp number. After all.... it's not a CR :lolly: :stab:

I figured it was close to Jeff's Silverline numbers but, since it beat Brian's run, I suppose it isn't :rockwoot:

11-15-2009, 06:56 PM
See we hooked a big blue bottle up ..thats how we got big HP..:lolly:

triton
11-15-2009, 07:00 PM
See we hooked a big blue bottle up ..thats how we got big HP..:lolly:

BITE YOUR TONGUE ..... !!!! That's like sacrilegious in the Garmon camp, or so I thought.

Big Swole
11-15-2009, 07:06 PM
There was NO Squeeze involved with Phils "Record" high HP number!!!!!

11-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I know..i'm just playin around...But congrats to philis very impressi*nx*ve!!!!!

Big Swole
11-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I want to thank Jeff Garmon for another Record number and Awesome Shop Day!!!

Thank you Phil Taylor for his help with the Day and also for Refreshing my Convertor for the Interceptor!!!

The food was AMAZING!! Phil Taylors father and friends smoked 14 Boston Butts !!! Some of the best BBQ Ive had !!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HUGE Thank you to BILLYSGOAT for depriving himself of some major sleep. He drove All night Friday to get there at 3 am and was up at 8 ready to help me with my TDI....Billy spent most ALL day working on the Golf, doing my Timing Belt, Water pump, and the Kewl EGR delete!!!!
THANK YOU BILLY!!!!:bow:

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet everyone and couldn't socialize as much due to the work going on on my TDI, but Thank you to everyone who showed up and support the GARMONS camp!!!!!

Can't wait till next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quarterman
11-15-2009, 07:29 PM
All the high hp numbers were made by 12valves there was one cr that did good but congrats to Trex on the big number. I had a blast as usual and I would like to thank jeff and crew for all the food beer and fun. The dinosaurs still rule

11-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Looks like them Black smoken 12V Dinosaurs still rule...:hehe: I'm sorry i had to say it

THACKERR
11-15-2009, 07:34 PM
I want to thank Jeff Garmon for another Record number and Awesome Shop Day!!!

Thank you Phil Taylor for his help with the Day and also for Refreshing my Convertor for the Interceptor!!!

The food was AMAZING!! Phil Taylors father and friends smoked 14 Boston Butts !!! Some of the best BBQ Ive had !!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HUGE Thank you to BILLYSGOAT for depriving himself of some major sleep. He drove All night Friday to get there at 3 am and was up at 8 ready to help me with my TDI....Billy spent most ALL day working on the Golf, doing my Timing Belt, Water pump, and the Kewl EGR delete!!!!

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet everyone and couldn't socialize as much due to the work going on on my TDI, but Thank you to everyone who showed up and support the GARMONS camp!!!!!

Can't wait till next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HECK YEA THANKS JEFF IT WAS SO AWESOME!!

B18B1LS1
11-15-2009, 08:14 PM
It was a good time for sure! Thanks Jeff and everyone else who helped out!

triton
11-15-2009, 08:49 PM

Hey Billy..... since you made it to the shop, I guess the US Marshall's weren't looking for you LOL Did you ever find out what they were doing out there on the interstate ?

Billysgoat
11-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Not a clue.

Jeff, Phil, and all the others who worked to make the day go like it did, my thanks, good times!

No problem on the car David, glad I could help, sorry about the piping connection :bang

not enoughsmoke
11-15-2009, 10:29 PM
so what was the big number ?

Big Swole
11-16-2009, 07:05 AM
906.7 #2 only 12v

With NO special high dollar parts...In fact, one of his pistons in his truck used to be a door stop that they kicked around on the floor for years...He needed one when building it and just cleaned it up a bit and through it in there...

LOL Thats how they do it in East Griffin!!!!!

quarterman
11-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Well the big number was way north of mckinley and just shy of clevland but it was a big stack of franklin's. On a fuel only door stop antique motor.

95-12valve
11-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Man what a day! Didn't get home til 3am but it was totally worth it! Thanks a million Jeff! That was some of the best BBQ I've had in a long time. Can't wait til next year!!!

tt433
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks jeff had a great time cant wait till next year.The food was great.had a great time watching the dyno too

ETO
11-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Can't thank Jeff enough for putting on a shop day like that for all of us. I had a blast both friday night and all day Saturday for sure. It was great to see people I haven't seen for a while and to meet alot of new people. The green turd didn't make the numbers it should have but at least it wasn't the lowest 12V numbers of the day. :doh: I think with a little more tinkering we will get it there got to stack that ziz wheel and screw driver on it and wake it up some.:st:

Billyram
11-16-2009, 02:04 PM
906.7 #2 only 12v

With NO special high dollar parts...In fact, one of his pistons in his truck used to be a door stop that they kicked around on the floor for years...He needed one when building it and just cleaned it up a bit and through it in there...

LOL Thats how they do it in East Griffin!!!!!
That's bad ass:ft:
Billy

Jeff2
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
I am glad everyone had fun! this event gets bigger every year mostly because I tell people darron is going to strip for quarters but he always backs out! :doh:

11-16-2009, 07:42 PM
I am glad everyone had fun! this event gets bigger every year mostly because I tell people darron is going to strip for quarters but he always backs out! :doh:

Hannah said she has alot of quarters:lolly:

Timbeaux
11-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I had a blast as usual. Thanks for having us all over for a good time year after year Jeff. This is one event that I don't miss..... and yeah, Darren is a sissy..... those women wanted to see him dance. He probably would have made like $2 or something.

cnsmoke
11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
they could always just show their feet to darren...

triton
11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
damn Darren.... you gonna take this LOL Don't they know you have all the quarters you need :doh: :Cheer:

Charles
11-16-2009, 08:16 PM
I had fun, as usual. Nothing like spending time around those old antique diesels and the relics that drive em to keep some good perspective on just what "tables" and "maps" are supposed to be used for. Something to set the BBQ on and something to wipe your feet on before you head into the office.

:hehe:

I also realized that my HEUI 7.3 is a dinosaur as well. Unfortunately when it comes to all out competition it didn't get the tried and true part like the 12v did, just the old and outdated part.

LOL

quarterman
11-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Hell I had a good time and I did do some dancing along with a lot of others thank god no male stripping took place but the female well let's just say there was a lot of ass shakin to behold.

wrongway
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Hell I had a good time and I did do some dancing along with a lot of others thank god no male stripping took place but the female well let's just say there was a lot of ass shakin to behold.

Leave momma outta this bif :hehe: My little wife really had a good time.

DPCgirl
11-16-2009, 09:27 PM

I resemble that remark....I think!!! Quarterman definately had some ass shakin' going on!!! :shake: I seem to remember him needing some Aleve for back pain the next morning!!

roachie
11-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, with Tim teasing the 6.4 guy from atop the dyno, Billy wrenching on Swoles chick car the entire time, and standing on the firing line with Bradley, I had a great time.

There will be HSG's next time, if I have to call a bomb threat to the college they are coming.

Big thanks to Jeff, David (both) and every one else. I had a great time!

quarterman
11-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Yes I did I'm not as young as I used to be any kind of shakin requires aleve later.

Huck Diesel
11-16-2009, 09:49 PM
You know I think Timbo could have used some Aleve the next morning too.. not for sure if it was for the headache or from where Big Swole got ahold of him..

cnsmoke
11-17-2009, 08:12 AM
big swole for sure

Mudn_1
11-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Well, with Tim teasing the 6.4 guy from atop the dyno, Billy wrenching on Swoles chick car the entire time, and standing on the firing line with Bradley, I had a great time.

There will be HSG's next time, if I have to call a bomb threat to the college they are coming.

Big thanks to Jeff, David (both) and every one else. I had a great time!

In my defense you didn't have much to say about it either! but those ole smokey dinosours! It was nice talking to you josh

charles i was impressed by your truck!

Huntingman27062
11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Had alot of fun... food was good... beer is always good... but next time ill leave the wife at home... she drives a altima... lame... lol

Charles
11-18-2009, 05:36 PM
In my defense you didn't have much to say about it either! but those ole smokey dinosours! It was nice talking to you josh

charles i was impressed by your truck!

Thanks.

I don't have a multi-position switch like most. I just run a single program. Here's what I was doing a couple weeks before in a program almost identical to the one I was running at Jeff's.

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/44637/2335435510082519711S600x600Q85.jpg

Only change was another .3 to .4 or so ms of pw up top and a few less degrees of timing up top. And that was just because I'm always trying to dial it in when I see something I think could be better. Those changes wouldn't have effected me towing anyway.

Good ole HEUI dinosaur.

:D

slowgo
11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Big THANKS to all that made this great event happen.

I think more than one person was looking for aleave after the shakin

bh10
11-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks.

I don't have a multi-position switch like most. I just run a single program. Here's what I was doing a couple weeks before in a program almost identical to the one I was running at Jeff's.

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/44637/2335435510082519711S600x600Q85.jpg

Only change was another .3 to .4 or so ms of pw up top and a few less degrees of timing up top. And that was just because I'm always trying to dial it in when I see something I think could be better. Those changes wouldn't have effected me towing anyway.

Good ole HEUI dinosaur.

:D

If you dont mind me asking Charles, what did that thing put down on the dyno, if you ran it?

Charles
11-19-2009, 08:17 AM
If you dont mind me asking Charles, what did that thing put down on the dyno, if you ran it?

633 at Jeff's.

05strokinfx4
11-22-2009, 08:50 AM
anybody know what the white 6.4 with ben a on the tag put down (guy has a mouth on him lol) didnt go to the event but i have met him before. one of my buddies said he put down around 800 this would be a record for the 6.4

Big Swole
11-22-2009, 10:07 AM
anybody know what the white 6.4 with ben a on the tag put down (guy has a mouth on him lol) didnt go to the event but i have met him before. one of my buddies said he put down around 800 this would be a record for the 6.4

If its the one I'm thinking of, Yeah He does have a mouth on him! I didn't see what he put down but I think he was spraying from what I heard......I think last year he put down 525....

I met the guy at Road Atlanta one time and was just joking around about racing him. He seemed to get all pissed and told me he ran 12.80's with just a tune..(Which I was pretty sure he was lying/bluffing)..At the time I was runing 12.4-12.5 and I just told him, OK but you'll lose!!! lol

Either way....We know how those Ford guys can be huh!!! LOL

J/K!!!

05strokinfx4
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
yea i pised him off at some mud bog in milledgeville at the time he had a superchips and something stacked i told him i would race him in my 6.0 to piss him off more, he slung his superchips on the ground and busted it lol, and when he had this setup i did see him ,i was pushing him up the road, but like i said this was with a superchips and something else staked. and another thing thats funny is every body is his cousin in the diesel market

Big Swole
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
yea i pised him off at some mud bog in milledgeville at the time he had a superchips and something stacked i told him i would race him in my 6.0 to piss him off more, he slung his superchips on the ground and busted it lol, and when he had this setup i did see him ,i was pushing him up the road, but like i said this was with a superchips and something else staked. and another thing thats funny is every body is his cousin in the diesel market

LOL

Yeah, My first and second impressions is that he's a TOOL!!

Oh well!! I'm sure he thinks the same of me!! lol
No sleep lost on my part!! :lolly:

Charles
11-23-2009, 06:31 AM
I think he did 60__ at Jeff's. He had pulled up to jump me in line and his buddy was trying to tell me he was next. After asking him to move a time or two, I had to just say no, he's wrong, I'm next, now back out of the way so I can get through. I just assumed it was an innocent mistake on his part, but from reading what you guys have written maybe not.

Either way, this old 7.3 dino engine still put down more on fuel in my DD program than he did on spray. So he wasn't anywhere near 800.

I've never talked to the guy, but I did remember him putting down good numbers last year with just the programmer.

bwood2006
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I know the guy pretty well, and as well Im ford man 05strokinfx4, yeah it did used to be slow with a superchip, but whats not! I was with him in Chicago a couple months back and he put down 782 to the tires on a real international dyno with one that actually puts a 40% load on the truck, and garmins is made for a low rpms cummins motor. He had small nitrous pills in it that day but still should have showed more than he did. There was another 6.0 there with a turbo and other bolt ons and he said he usually hes around the same hp as ben, but he only made like 630 or sumthin like that too. He'll be in nashville this comin weekend for the dyno day up there, and I will tell u his numbers after this coming weekend!

Big Swole
12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
I know the guy pretty well, and as well Im ford man 05strokinfx4, yeah it did used to be slow with a superchip, but whats not! I was with him in Chicago a couple months back and he put down 782 to the tires on a real international dyno with one that actually puts a 40% load on the truck, and garmins is made for a low rpms cummins motor. He had small nitrous pills in it that day but still should have showed more than he did. There was another 6.0 there with a turbo and other bolt ons and he said he usually hes around the same hp as ben, but he only made like 630 or sumthin like that too. He'll be in nashville this comin weekend for the dyno day up there, and I will tell u his numbers after this coming weekend!

782!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm.......

BTW, it's spelled "Garmon".........And, how is a dyno "Designed" for a specific motor???

bwood2006
12-06-2009, 09:57 PM
I mean take it for what its worth. People are down more than 550 with just custom tuning on 6.4s, put that with a 200hp shot of nitrous and u get right around that number man with a few other small mods.

bfp2006
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
a dyno actually can be set up in a bunch of different ways including a load on the drum. fords being a v-8 make power in a higher rpm range so they need a loaded dyno. cummins need no load because they make lower rpm hp. thats what the spartan people say anyways....

turbomatt1
12-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Wasn't there a 7.3 there that put down record, or near record HP?

bfp2006
12-06-2009, 10:44 PM
yea it was the red one in the pics a few posts ago. haulin hay lol. that is one bad ass 7.3!

Charles
12-07-2009, 08:27 AM
I mean take it for what its worth. People are down more than 550 with just custom tuning on 6.4s, put that with a 200hp shot of nitrous and u get right around that number man with a few other small mods.

Newsflash...

The Dynojet 248 is the de-facto standard for comparison pulls. You can go get on a load cell and dial in another couple hundred hp any day of the week, but what you can't do is manipulate a Dynojet 248 intertia. It is what it is.

Now for a guy running stock (or modified stock) compound turbochargers there is no excuse for not making street boost on the dynojet. That 6.4 should have made any number you wanted, if not, somebody needs to learn how to tune, or make the required changes to wastegating/VGT control because my 7.3 ran right before him and made the exact street boost I pulled in running, with an 88mm first stage compressor. If I had wanted 70, 80, 90 or more lbs of boost it would have been a simple request made via keyboard, as I have done numerous times before on that exact same dyno model.

I don't think the guy was getting anything from the spray. IIRC, he did something in the 6teens. I had no doubt that he should go right at or over 700, and was looking forward to seeing it. I was shocked myself when I heard what he had pulled. But it wasn't a dyno problem.

The dyno was exactly where it should have been. Neither high, nor low.

bh10
12-07-2009, 09:41 AM

782!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm.......

BTW, it's spelled "Garmon".........And, how is a dyno "Designed" for a specific motor???

Id just excuse his statement from him being from Statesboro, or if he's just a student, well...

bwood2006
12-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Ha sorry I misspelled Garmon wrong, so u must be stupid too seeing as how u graduated from Southern!

bh10
12-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Ha sorry I misspelled Garmon wrong, so u must be stupid too seeing as how u graduated from Southern!

I was hoping someone would catch that. :Cheer:

bfp2006
12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
i have seen the truck pull well over 700 more than one time on internationals dyno and he had the sheets to prove it. I have actually seen it on three different dynos . I dont know what was wrong with the truck or dyno, but either way i have seen over 700 with my own eyes... and you really cant hate on a student being a mechanical engineer

turbomatt1
12-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Newsflash...

The Dynojet 248 is the de-facto standard for comparison pulls. You can go get on a load cell and dial in another couple hundred hp any day of the week, but what you can't do is manipulate a Dynojet 248 intertia. It is what it is.

Now for a guy running stock (or modified stock) compound turbochargers there is no excuse for not making street boost on the dynojet. That 6.4 should have made any number you wanted, if not, somebody needs to learn how to tune, or make the required changes to wastegating/VGT control because my 7.3 ran right before him and made the exact street boost I pulled in running, with an 88mm first stage compressor. If I had wanted 70, 80, 90 or more lbs of boost it would have been a simple request made via keyboard, as I have done numerous times before on that exact same dyno model.

I don't think the guy was getting anything from the spray. IIRC, he did something in the 6teens. I had no doubt that he should go right at or over 700, and was looking forward to seeing it. I was shocked myself when I heard what he had pulled. But it wasn't a dyno problem.

The dyno was exactly where it should have been. Neither high, nor low.

Yea....thats what I was thinkin. A 7.3 puts down 633 fuel only(!) & then the 6.4 guy claims the same dyno is predjudice against Fords? Not. He just didnt bring the HP. Tune it & try again.

Moving right along.... Was that 7.3 still single turbo??

bfp2006
12-07-2009, 12:20 PM
whats the major mods to the 7.3? I give him props! u usually dont see those making those kinds of numbers? BTW i think what the 6.4 was saying is it was tuned on a loaded dyno so it didnt make the numbers he was expecting....but it doesnt really matter i have seen it make more. something could have been going wrong w the truck i dunno? i know something wasnt right.

triton
12-07-2009, 12:25 PM
the 7.3's have come a long way. Brian has the dyno record for a 7.3 at 680hp on fuel only. He's almost got it running into the 10's too.

http://www.dieselperformancemotorsports.com/

Bird dizzle
12-07-2009, 12:42 PM
hey i will say the truck was off...didnt feel off on the way there nor on the way home. do the math something on 35s that weighs 8850 with me in it runn ing a 790.00 ran that number two days later.. made 609 on motor before ??

Charles
12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't think the spray was working as it should have on the 6.4L. I expected it to go 700's.

But I will say this, 180hp doesn't just disappear, and you aren't going to lose that kind of power going from a load cell to a 248 inertia with a truck running stock or at most modified stock chargers (compounds no less) and on top of that spraying.

Nitrous Oxide doesn't care one bit how much load is on an engine. You don't have to spool a blue bottle. So coming up 150+ shy of the expected when running spray is quite a stretch.

It's much more likely that the spray simply wasn't working properly.

The only other option, is that you take the 525ish the truck pulled on fuel last year, and add a 100 shot of spray to it, and you get 625ish. But it sounds like he feels that he is much stronger now on fuel, and that the spray is worth much more than 100hp.

And in reality, it should be. 700, even 780+ from a 6.4 on spray is not uncommon. However, the one at Jeff's simply wasn't doing it that day. Which is also not uncommon, for any truck/engine.

Sh*t messes up sometimes. Solenoids fail, so on and so forth.

We're not talking about a truck running a big single that couldn't spool here. We're talking about a stock charger truck, right? Stock compounds no less?

Charles
12-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Yea....thats what I was thinkin. A 7.3 puts down 633 fuel only(!) & then the 6.4 guy claims the same dyno is predjudice against Fords? Not. He just didnt bring the HP. Tune it & try again.

Moving right along.... Was that 7.3 still single turbo??

Mine's been running my same old compound setup for coming up on 3 years now.

Bird dizzle
12-07-2009, 02:03 PM
i agree with u guys 100% its my truck i love jeff and dunbar. i enjoy going to the events fun times. it was off not sure what it was. but it made if i remember correctly last year 567 no nitrous. it has a kem tune a suncoast tranny and 100 shot no claim for faim just love the sport and have to haul my tractors with something lol

bwood2006
12-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Web wrencher glad to see there is other people from Southern on here. What year did u graduate?

Bird dizzle
12-07-2009, 03:05 PM
b woody gfo