PDA

View Full Version : turn off seatbelt dinger on new ford

morkable
11-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey all, I just bought a new ford, love the truck, hate the dinger. Anyone know how to shut off the darn seatbelt dinger?

Thanks

joefarmer
11-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Put the middle seat's seatbelt end into the driver's buckle?

zstroken
11-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Wear the seatbelt? LOL

morkable
11-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I know that wearing seatbelts is a good thing, and I do wear them on the highway. But I am so mad at the laws that say we have to wear them, I mean it is ok to smoke, or do other things that are dangerous to ourselves. I have always said that I want to live in a free country and not be mandated to do stupid things.... (my little rant)

PSDPlayer
11-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Sometimes there is a thing in the book under belt minder. Tells you how and when to buckle and un buckle to get it disabled.

zstroken
11-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I know that wearing seatbelts is a good thing, and I do wear them on the highway. But I am so mad at the laws that say we have to wear them, I mean it is ok to smoke, or do other things that are dangerous to ourselves. I have always said that I want to live in a free country and not be mandated to do stupid things.... (my little rant)

Just wait, it will be a matter of time!

Slick Willie
12-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Buckle the seatbelt, then get in the truck. You can't feel it behind you, it stays buckled all the time, no dinging, win win. I do this on long ranch roads when I have to keep opening gates.

BAF250
12-02-2009, 03:12 PM
On mine if you plug it in then release it, the dinger stops til you turn the key off. Or look in the owners man. there should be steps to turn it off, was in my 05.

Red Stroke
12-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Read the owners manual there is a procedure to turn off the donger

morkable
12-02-2009, 09:55 PM
I have the drivers side turned off, but it would be cool to be able to do that on the passenger side too

Slick Willie
12-03-2009, 10:24 AM
You passenger dings when someone sits there and doesn't buckle? Must be a lariat thing.

ChaseN
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM
the passenger side is the same procedure as the drivers side.

05BHD
12-17-2009, 07:29 PM
i just bought an extra clip!

jslay25
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Found this and tried it. It worked. Hate the dinger. Love the trick.

2008 F250

Preparation

Apply the parking brake before deactivating/activating the belt minder.[/ol]

Place the gear selector lever in PARK or NEUTRAL (manual transaxle).[/ol]

Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.[/ol]

Close all the vehicle doors.[/ol]

Unbuckle the driver safety belt.[/ol]

Place the parking lamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position.[/ol]

Deactivating/Activating

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)[/ol]

Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off (approximately 1 to 2 minutes).[/ol]
3. NOTE: Steps 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning indicator turns off.
For seating position being disabled, at a moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending with the safety belt in the unbuckled state. After this step, the air bar warning indicator illuminates for 3 seconds.

Within 10 seconds after the air bar warning indicator turns off, at a moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

This disables the safety belt minder feature for that seating position, if it is currently enabled. As confirmation, the air bar warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
This enables the safety belt minder feature for that seating position, if it is currently disabled. As confirmation, the air bag warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds followed by another flash sequence of 4 times per second for 3 seconds.[/ul][/ol]

After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.[/ol]

RJFPP
01-08-2010, 09:49 AM
That's what I did in my 2008 Worked great but is a little PITA... a two beer process :rockwoot:

Norris
01-09-2010, 10:29 AM
does this work on 2010 f150s too? my wifes is damn annoy it beeps for 20+ minutes!

ChaseN
01-09-2010, 04:51 PM
sure does