PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Keystone Nationals

LReiff
12-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Who is planning to pull, how much work does your trucks need to be ready and who is just excited that there is going to be another great event in PA???

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/eastpulling/KEYSTONENATIONALS.html

I must say, I am more than just a little excited! :woohoo:

SKYNYRD
12-15-2009, 11:50 AM
I might make the trip up again this year to watch the pulls at least me knee won't be all jacked up and i'll be able to walk around more.

DISTURBED
12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Lets hope they do something about the payouts or i may sit this one out. $150 to register and i won and i got $180 for first

Cumminsfever
12-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanx for the reminder Lee!

getblown5.9
12-15-2009, 05:50 PM
I'll be watching, I wanted to pull there while watching the last 2 years, but I don't have what it takes to be competitive not to mention the cost of entering and building a smoke tube...

06 DIESEL
12-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I will be watching and the camera will be there. Hopefully I get the same spot that I had last year to video from. If you are hooking there look me up if you want a video. As of now I will just be there for Saturday Morning although if time and money allows I will go the whole weekend.

lightsOUT
12-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Lets hope they do something about the payouts or i may sit this one out. $150 to register and i won and i got $180 for first

your're kidding??? maybe they forgot to put a zero in. i bet those payouts made scheid real happy.

lightsOUT
12-15-2009, 06:37 PM
I'll be watching, I wanted to pull there while watching the last 2 years, but I don't have what it takes to be competitive not to mention the cost of entering and building a smoke tube...

x2! i think ill just wait till the next weekend and go to the test n tune in tuckahoe for my first hook of the season.

700rmk
12-15-2009, 08:39 PM
was thinking I might pull if the truck is done, but not if purse doesnt get any better. 30$ to win??:bang

DISTURBED
12-15-2009, 09:18 PM
your're kidding??? maybe they forgot to put a zero in. i bet those payouts made scheid real happy.

Saddly no thats what i got. they were talking about putting 2 sessiones and a final in for us this year but that got shot down and they said payout wont be any worse then last year, yippie! As soon as i hear i will post the purse but im not holding my breath for any more money.

tryblue
12-15-2009, 09:21 PM
did you get a legal hitch made or are you still just raising it after weigh in he he he remember there are eyes everywhere A high hitch doesn't always help good luck

tryblue
12-15-2009, 09:22 PM
700rmk

Papuller86
12-15-2009, 09:40 PM

wooooooooooow!!!!!! talk about getting screwed, ive made over 200 at local pulls before, anyways ill deffently be there to watch then always a fun time

j-rod
12-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Saddly no thats what i got. they were talking about putting 2 sessiones and a final in for us this year but that got shot down and they said payout wont be any worse then last year, yippie! As soon as i hear i will post the purse but im not holding my breath for any more money.

Here I thought the payouts were pretty good considering what it cost just to watch. :bang

tryblue
12-16-2009, 06:26 AM
now now boys after all it is the nationals wait a minute that doesn't sound right you would think the keystone nationals would pay the most.

LReiff
12-16-2009, 06:43 AM
I've gone to a few of the pullers meetings and from what I've gathered the keystone nationals did not draw a big enough crowd on a few of the nights last year and the money was spread very thin.. The biggest cost is building rental then there is extra insurance that must be purchased for that facility...all help and track equipment is donated. If it drew a crowd every night like was there saturday night last year, there would not be an issue with having a bigger purse...last year was better than the previous year (which was the first year) and if it keeps drawing more interest as the years go on there will be a larger purse.

buttercuprubber
12-16-2009, 09:40 AM
u think they ll let me pull wit my geo metro:hump: gary aniska pullin hoes team:Cheer:

DISTURBED
12-16-2009, 11:26 AM
I've gone to a few of the pullers meetings and from what I've gathered the keystone nationals did not draw a big enough crowd on a few of the nights last year and the money was spread very thin.. The biggest cost is building rental then there is extra insurance that must be purchased for that facility...all help and track equipment is donated. If it drew a crowd every night like was there saturday night last year, there would not be an issue with having a bigger purse...last year was better than the previous year (which was the first year) and if it keeps drawing more interest as the years go on there will be a larger purse.

My complaint is they run 10 different tractor classes that all get numerous sessions that get paid their full purse for each session. So let take the great Mod Turbo class, had a hook in each session at a purse of $1800 for each session and only had 9 tractors compete in each session plus they got a finals. Then you have us who had 19 sign up in the class and we go our 1200 purse that was spread over how ever many trucks were there cant remeber the total number. So instead of paying more to the classes they already have they drop a gas class and add another tractor class. We will never win with tractor guys running the show. So im probally not going to run there, i would rather wait till June and run NADM's hook in Ohio were we are wanted then run for free here at keystone, Hell ive run for free around here more then anybody trying to get the diesel trucks reconized and if i wanted to continue i could go out in the feild and hook it to a tree to get my fix and wouldnt have to spend all the money

LReiff
12-16-2009, 12:54 PM
My complaint is they run 10 different tractor classes that all get numerous sessions that get paid their full purse for each session. So let take the great Mod Turbo class, had a hook in each session at a purse of $1800 for each session and only had 9 tractors compete in each session plus they got a finals. Then you have us who had 19 sign up in the class and we go our 1200 purse that was spread over how ever many trucks were there cant remeber the total number. So instead of paying more to the classes they already have they drop a gas class and add another tractor class. We will never win with tractor guys running the show. So im probally not going to run there, i would rather wait till June and run NADM's hook in Ohio were we are wanted then run for free here at keystone, Hell ive run for free around here more then anybody trying to get the diesel trucks reconized and if i wanted to continue i could go out in the feild and hook it to a tree to get my fix and wouldnt have to spend all the money

Jeremy, I now understand where you are coming from...I had forgot some of that (tractor) detail. I don't blame you one bit.

700rmk
12-16-2009, 06:10 PM
did you get a legal hitch made or are you still just raising it after weigh in he he he remember there are eyes everywhere A high hitch doesn't always help good luck

I have no idea what your talking about,me and and one of my friends bought the truck in my avtar last spring,and it had a drawbar hitch.Mebe you should get your eyes checked:bang

700rmk
12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
The deal is in the east here is the tractor guys think they are doing us a faver by just leting us hook.But anymore I think the diesel pickup class has a pretty big fan club, I think we could have a little more respect.Didnt get me wrong I love the tractor classes too, been watching them for 25yrs and still like it.

Sledpuller
12-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Guys, this is the reason the Diesel guys split from the gassers and tractors, if they run the show, the Diesel guys will be treated like poop.

Think about that, the next time you decide to go hook at a big name tractor pull, instead of a Diesel truck event.

That said, keep in mind the Keystone event in March was thought up and the risk taken by tractor guys, Forrester New Holland, so you should be thankful they even let trucks in the door. Its a good event.

NADM has set up a booth both years, and are planning on setting one up this year, along with Diesel Rx, Airdog, and the Monster truck.

Get everybody who is entered tell Forrester you want NADM to co sanction the truck class and we will see what we can do for you.

LReiff
12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Guys, this is the reason the Diesel guys split from the gassers and tractors, if they run the show, the Diesel guys will be treated like poop.

Think about that, the next time you decide to go hook at a big name tractor pull, instead of a Diesel truck event.

That said, keep in mind the Keystone event in March was thought up and the risk taken by tractor guys, Forrester New Holland, so you should be thankful they even let trucks in the door. Its a good event.

NADM has set up a booth both years, and are planning on setting one up this year, along with Diesel Rx, Airdog, and the Monster truck.

Get everybody who is entered tell Forrester you want NADM to co sanction the truck class and we will see what we can do for you.

That's the trick...everybody has to do it, not just a few...I'll pop the idea if I get a chance.
If the pullers were to get the ball rolling, it may still be possible for 2010.

DISTURBED
12-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Dont get me wrong had a great time last year and am very thankful they let us in, but just very expensive and frustrating. Just wish it was equal for everybody.
I started out with a tractor and love to watch them. Had i not built my truck i would have a pro stock tractor.

Gene i will email JR at Eastern Extreme and see what i can do.

cuminstrkmydmax
12-16-2009, 09:42 PM
x2! i think ill just wait till the next weekend and go to the test n tune in tuckahoe for my first hook of the season.

I dont want to get off topic, but do you have any more info on Tuckahoe's TnT next season. It never to early to start planning.... THANKS Steven

2Tone12V
12-17-2009, 09:48 AM
What are the turbo and driveline rules here?

LReiff
12-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Diesel truck rules and regs for the Keystone Nationals
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/eastpulling/KEYSTONEDIESEL4X4.html

PPL rules can be found here...
http://www.powerpullingproductions.com/

Other class rules for the Keystone Nationals can be found here...
also go here for the registration form...click on Keystone Nationals link at right of page.
http://www.easternextremepulling.com/

buttercuprubber
12-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Kicks his ass sea bass

RAMpage
12-22-2009, 07:58 PM
any more info on the payout for this?

lightsOUT
12-22-2009, 08:32 PM
I dont want to get off topic, but do you have any more info on Tuckahoe's TnT next season. It never to early to start planning.... THANKS Steven

i do not know the actual dates for 2010. i know it was april 4th last year. im assuming it will be around the same time. maybe tj or scott will will chime in.

goodstktbo
12-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I'll be there.

DISTURBED
12-22-2009, 09:33 PM
any more info on the payout for this?

Not yet. I passed NADM's info along to JR at Eastern Extreme and he is suppose to bring it to the board meeting but not sure when that is

pwrstrokenstang
12-31-2009, 05:50 PM
i was thinkin about goin up but not if the purse is like that. jeremy how strict are they on like the 3way dump valve and some other lil stuff like that. i mean i have the air shutoff and loops and shields to pull interstate and dragon, but what else would i need? saftey hitch? bellhousing blanket? thanks

dieselman47
12-31-2009, 06:12 PM
:thankyou2:The deal is in the east here is the tractor guys think they are doing us a faver by just leting us hook.But anymore I think the diesel pickup class has a pretty big fan club, I think we could have a little more respect.Didnt get me wrong I love the tractor classes too, been watching them for 25yrs and still like it.

:thankyou2:

DISTURBED
12-31-2009, 06:16 PM
PPL rules can be found here...
http://www.powerpullingproductions.com/

QUOTE]
Cant use rules from this site, you will need to go to East Coasts website
[QUOTE=pwrstrokenstang;961658]i was thinkin about goin up but not if the purse is like that. jeremy how strict are they on like the 3way dump valve and some other lil stuff like that. i mean i have the air shutoff and loops and shields to pull interstate and dragon, but what else would i need? saftey hitch? bellhousing blanket? thanks

The 3-way dump valve i dont think will be an issue and not sure if they hooked my saftey hitch last year or not. The blanket is required in Interstae as well as Dragon IICR and will be required reguardless of were you run normally and full fire suit

pwrstrokenstang
12-31-2009, 11:30 PM
ya got the fire suit. our rules say only need a blanket if you turn over 4500, and i dont usually go over 4k or so thats why i wondered. i would hate to build a saftey hitch and all then not need it but also dont wanna go that far and not be able to hook ya know. thanks though!

tryblue
01-01-2010, 07:56 AM
what exactly is the point and operation a of a three way dump valve

DISTURBED
01-01-2010, 08:08 AM
here is the PPL East Coast rule:

31) TRANSMISSION, AUTOMATIC:
Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and
internal components are permitted. Transmission
brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor mounted
automatic transmission shifter must be equipped
with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device
to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put
into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch
is mandatory. All transmission lines must be
metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles
must be equipped with a transmission shield
meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled
accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it
must be labeled appropriately as meeting SFI Spec
4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to
the front of tail housing with a minimum six inch
overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket type
shields must incorporate two (or one, per
manufacturer's instructions) ¾ inch by ⅛ inch straps
that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under
the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is
labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles must
be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec
29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting
SFI Spec 30.1.
32) TRANSMISSION, MANUEL:
A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is
mandatory on all vehicles. All transmissions must
be clutch assisted. Slipper clutches are permitted.
Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles
equipped with a manual transmission must have a
flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI
Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI
Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a
properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that
completely covers the bell housing; it must be
attached to the block and extend rearward to the
transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where
it is fastened.

DISTURBED
01-01-2010, 08:14 AM
what exactly is the point and operation a of a three way dump valve

You willneed one of these in the case the truck runs away or sticks a plunger the 3-way dump valve diverts the fuel away from the injection pump and sends it back to the tank starving the pump of fuel to help shut the truck off

tryblue
01-01-2010, 11:11 AM
ok so its basically hooked inline fuel pump to inj pump and then electrically or mechanically operated from inside and cable/airshut off ring in the back

DISTURBED
01-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Yea needs to be between the supply pump and the injection pump and only has to be driver operated doesnt need to be hooked to the airshut off. Should be mechanically operated. If you go electrical it has to be power on, meaning it takes power to to keep the valve engaged so the fuel goes towards the pump, if for some reason you loose power then the valve would go back to the default side which would send the fuel back to the tank

tryblue
01-01-2010, 04:36 PM
ok thanks jeremy thats what i needed to know, hows everything going with you? business good? hope so! happy new year

tryblue
01-09-2010, 02:33 PM
its getting closer!! whos going for sure??

Highfinance97
01-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Not too many entries listed

rawdog
01-11-2010, 11:15 AM
what about you?have you signed up?

Highfinance97
01-11-2010, 11:25 AM
what about you?have you signed up?

Filling out the form today.....

YOU??????????????

rawdog
01-11-2010, 04:35 PM
you see what i worked on this weekend

Highfinance97
01-11-2010, 04:41 PM
you see what i worked on this weekend

yeahhhhhh why??

This!!
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r184/Highfinance97/photo_22-2.jpg

rawdog
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
yea that

rawdog
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
what is that beastly machine in the background?

RAMpage
01-11-2010, 05:01 PM
looks good, just needs a pipe through the hood now

Highfinance97
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
what is that beastly machine in the background?

The Juggernaut
looks good, just needs a pipe through the hood now

Its crossed my mind more than a few times :evil

But maybe not for Keystone, I spent too much time on my smoke tube from last year to trash it

RAMpage
01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
yea i made one last year and it sucks making one that long. you still gonna be a 2.8 truck or something bigger for the local stuff?

Highfinance97
01-11-2010, 05:26 PM
yea i made one last year and it sucks making one that long. you still gonna be a 2.8 truck or something bigger for the local stuff?

2.8 as of now.... We'll see what my wallet says after the next few months

700rmk
01-11-2010, 05:32 PM
ther is a rumor on eastern extream that ther will be 5 new ecp diesel trucks this year:cheer:anybody know if this true? I hope:rockwoot:

tryblue
01-11-2010, 07:20 PM
were one

RAMpage
01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
ther is a rumor on eastern extream that ther will be 5 new ecp diesel trucks this year:cheer:anybody know if this true? I hope:rockwoot:

i hope so too, i know i wont be running for pts this year. hopefully i can make some of the hooks

DISTURBED
01-11-2010, 07:47 PM

I hope so to. I dont go there anymore because they are always starting crap on that board. Should be a good year if everybody shows that is planning to run with us

getblown5.9
01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I'll make a few hooks with ECP again this year. not that i have what it takes to hang, but its a better quality event with the 'big dogs' and getting to see the big tractor classes.

DISTURBED
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
What do you mean you cant hang i saw the last run on the dyno:bow::poke:

getblown5.9
01-11-2010, 08:15 PM

it was as fluke, a tail wind came in thru the door and helped me or something...

:hehe:

LReiff
01-11-2010, 08:18 PM

I think he could hang if he had dyno ninja's magic bottle. LOL

DISTURBED
01-12-2010, 08:05 AM
But to hear everybody talk the little blue bottle doesnt add power just used for cooling, yea they blow that out their A**!

LReiff
01-12-2010, 08:57 AM
But to hear everybody talk the little blue bottle doesnt add power just used for cooling, yea they blow that out their A**!

:hehe:

rawdog
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
does it have to be blue,mine is black.

oldblue
01-12-2010, 02:14 PM
The Juggernaut

Its crossed my mind more than a few times :evil

But maybe not for Keystone, I spent too much time on my smoke tube from last year to trash it

Just do it :woohoo: you will like it

goodstktbo
01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Just do it :woohoo: you will like it

You goin up Dan?

Highfinance97
01-12-2010, 03:58 PM
does it have to be blue,mine is black.

Like you

rawdog
01-12-2010, 05:39 PM
sweet

pwrstrokenstang
01-17-2010, 06:23 PM
any updates? still thinkin about goin. i got a bell housing blanket now. and dont mind building a saftey hitch. as long as i dont need a three way dump i am set. aslo any news on payout?

Papuller86
01-17-2010, 10:05 PM
im going, wish i could pull tho!!

Tcolesanti
01-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Moved to appropriate section.

-Tom

DISTURBED
01-18-2010, 06:40 PM
any updates? still thinkin about goin. i got a bell housing blanket now. and dont mind building a saftey hitch. as long as i dont need a three way dump i am set. aslo any news on payout?

No word, i contacted JR from the Eastern Extreme site and he said that there was no news about the payouts. I would venture to say they will be the same as last year. Its a good show and close to home if you can get the trucks done and get them there its worth the effort to say you have run indoors. Not alot of diesel guys can say that:rockwoot:

pwrstrokenstang
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
No word, i contacted JR from the Eastern Extreme site and he said that there was no news about the payouts. I would venture to say they will be the same as last year. Its a good show and close to home if you can get the trucks done and get them there its worth the effort to say you have run indoors. Not alot of diesel guys can say that:rockwoot:

for sure lol, my motor is still in pieces in ohio. i may sign up yet.

pwrstrokenstang
01-18-2010, 07:53 PM
o also i know tractors need a lift plate on the front, what about a hook point for trucks?

DISTURBED
01-18-2010, 08:51 PM
must have a ring on the front weight bar to hook to

Ben46a
01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Any updates on payouts or entries?

700rmk
01-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Last update was only yesterday:bang

dieselman47
01-20-2010, 08:04 PM

Get it put together and come on up, that way I wont be the only Ford in the bunch.:poke:

pwrstrokenstang
01-21-2010, 05:02 PM
i know carson you looked lonely last year haha.

bulldog5.9
01-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Who's going

lightsOUT
01-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Who's going

so far it looks like just you.

bulldog5.9
01-28-2010, 01:53 PM
thats you i ask

lightsOUT
01-28-2010, 02:19 PM
just going by what is on keystones web site. im suprised nobody has signed up yet. its still two months away though. this economy is probally whats holding guys back from signing up real early. who knows....

bulldog5.9
01-28-2010, 03:35 PM
you have to be sign up by FEBRUARY 13, 2010

getblown5.9
01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
there is another thread about this...and basically nobody wants to pay $100+ to sign up, when you only win $150 for 1st place.

bulldog5.9
01-28-2010, 04:04 PM
u have to win first

rawdog
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
i am planning on pulling.i am going to send in the reg next week.hopefully the truck will be together so i dont waste the reg fee again this year.

oldblue
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
We will be their like jeremy said its for the fun of it.

Highfinance97
02-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Check's in the mail!!

tryblue
02-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Good to hear. It ought to be a good time!!!!

cuminstrkmydmax
02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Who's going

I know of a Duramax from the south that is planning on making the trip again- and i will be there to watch. It should be a fun time... -Steven

nick17847
02-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I know of a Duramax from the south that is planning on making the trip again- and i will be there to watch. It should be a fun time... -Steven

Duramax again? If memory serves me correct.. that must be from 2 years ago. We had Matt Weingart with the "PowerMax Express" from Salem Ohio and the red, cclb from down Virginia way, i believe. Name may have been Mike Hartman but unsure.. also believe he ran with Jeremy Denson: "Disturbed".

I don't remember any Duramaxes last year. I still remember 2 years ago pretty well, considering I remember my eyes burning from the fumes from the alcohol trucks combined with having to wait until the wee AM hours to see our revered diesel trucks pull!

cuminstrkmydmax
02-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, from two years ago- he didnt make the trip last year. Hes trying to get the truck together- should be nasty! -Steven

pwrstrokenstang
02-14-2010, 06:04 PM
indeed, way he talks it'll run purty good.

d1rt
02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Entry Deadline Has Been Extended And Will Close February 22, 2010
Entries Postmarked After February 22nd Will Not Be Accepted.

700rmk
02-17-2010, 06:17 PM
starting to look like a good class now:cheer:

getblown5.9
02-18-2010, 07:56 AM
the Xtreme diesel power truck that registered, is that anthony's old truck?

rawdog
02-18-2010, 03:20 PM
i believe that is where he said it was going

BSwope
02-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, from two years ago- he didnt make the trip last year. Hes trying to get the truck together- should be nasty! -Steven

Id say he would have shaken things up if his tranny would have held up... thats a pretty nasty Dmax for sure!

Norm you pullin??

Highfinance97
02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
the Xtreme diesel power truck that registered, is that anthony's old truck?

i believe that is where he said it was going

You're right Tom, It did go to Eighty Four, PA

700rmk
02-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Id say he would have shaken things up if his tranny would have held up... thats a pretty nasty Dmax for sure!

Norm you pullin??

I'll be pulling for the winner,from the stands:hehe:

getblown5.9
02-18-2010, 06:34 PM
I'll be pulling for the winner,from the stands:hehe:

you and me both. im too broke to even start messing with my truck this winter, let alone get it ready for an indoor pull with the big boys.

Highfinance97
02-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Are pit passes available the days of the event???

06 DIESEL
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
The last few years they were.

j-rod
02-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Are pit passes available the days of the event???

That's when I got mine last year. I was in for a surprise when I found out how much they were.

Highfinance97
02-22-2010, 10:18 AM
That's when I got mine last year. I was in for a surprise when I found out how much they were.

$50.00??

getblown5.9
02-22-2010, 10:20 AM
i thought it was $60 last year.

yea forget that LOL

j-rod
02-22-2010, 11:26 AM
$50.00??

i thought it was $60 last year.

yea forget that LOL

At least $50.

SKYNYRD
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
worse thing about that was the vendors were in the pits so you had to buy the pit pass to go look at their stuff.

Highfinance97
02-22-2010, 11:41 AM
worse thing about that was the vendors were in the pits so you had to buy the pit pass to go look at their stuff.

HAHA You're right i never thought of that, that's stupidity if you ask me

SKYNYRD
02-22-2010, 11:45 AM
someone not thinking things thru!! if they are going to have a pit area and charge entry then they need a separate vendors area. scheid and NADM should bring this up. they are paying to have a booth there and the crowd can't even come by their booths with out paying extra.

tank21pa
02-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I have always walked right into the pits without buying anything extra.

getblown5.9
02-22-2010, 12:33 PM
I have always walked right into the pits without buying anything extra.

i think there are certain times its open to the public, but as it gets close to show time they close it to the competitors only. mainly because there are dozens of tractors and equipment in there moving vehicles around and taking them up to the arena.

RAMpage
02-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I think the reason its $60 is because its an all weekend pass. It sucks for those just going one day, but it is what it is

tryblue
02-24-2010, 06:11 AM
Well I guess todays the 24th ANY BODY ELSE GOING TO PULL excepted a lot more?

06 DIESEL
02-24-2010, 08:17 AM
It looks like I should be there with the camera. Going to clean off the 09 season when I get home and start charging batteries. The list looks to be some new names, or one's that I have not heard of yet. Looks to be a decent pull to attend.

tryblue
02-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah it'll be a good time, whens everybody going? were hoping to be there friday mid day.

blackbetty62
02-24-2010, 04:15 PM
i did what tank did just walked right into the pits

drew504
02-24-2010, 05:38 PM
The vendor area has always been open that's included with general admission. And to be truthful nobody was really there to police admission to the pits. I have been a vendor there for the last 2 years and sat there and watched for 3 days straight. Everyone will be coming in through the entance beside the pits this year and have to walk past the vendors.

rawdog
02-25-2010, 06:19 AM
you wouldnt believe the **** i got from the rent-a-cop last year.he was a dick.i had some passes because i was signed up to pull and the truck could not make it.then i had to pay full price for some extra passes even though i paid the $150 to pull.wasnt happy but what are you going to do

JOHNBOY
02-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Duramax again? If memory serves me correct.. that must be from 2 years ago. We had Matt Weingart with the "PowerMax Express" from Salem Ohio and the red, cclb from down Virginia way, i believe. Name may have been Mike Hartman but unsure.. also believe he ran with Jeremy Denson: "Disturbed".

I don't remember any Duramaxes last year. I still remember 2 years ago pretty well, considering I remember my eyes burning from the fumes from the alcohol trucks combined with having to wait until the wee AM hours to see our revered diesel trucks pull!

I was signed up last year but dropped a valve the weekend before. The year before that I was signed up and spent the week before in the hospital with kidney stones.:kick: This year I am not signing up. I will be at the Texas Mile land speed race instead.

Truck will stay in the garage all nice and cozy.

DISTURBED
02-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Well 28 days away, who's ready?

dieselman47
02-28-2010, 08:25 PM

I just hope to be ready by time it gets here.

drew504
02-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Haven't even started on the new engine yet, just finally got the 24v sold, time to get to work. And the bed is off build suspension and hitch and all the goodies, hope it's done. The wife and boy may not see me much for the next month.

Highfinance97
03-01-2010, 10:53 AM

I got the engine running on Saturday night for the first time since the head gasket went in September.

Still have this and that left to do. Should be just fine

tryblue
03-05-2010, 08:14 PM
well how many days left? yall ready

DISTURBED
03-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Well less then a week away just put mine in the trailer for Keystone:rockwoot:, whos gona make it and who is to close to know

Snedge
03-21-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm thinking of running down to spectate.

06 DIESEL
03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
I will be there to spectate. Can not wait for it.

SKYNYRD
03-21-2010, 07:50 PM
i'll be there to spectate. and Jeremy i'll have those mains for that block with me.

RAMpage
03-22-2010, 11:34 AM
ill be there watching

getblown5.9
03-22-2010, 11:54 AM
i cant wait to see some pulling, been a long winter

HidalgoGT
03-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Gonna try to make it to spectate as mine is under the wrench lol. Have to see what the boss says first.

Got Milk?
03-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm gonna try and make it, wanna see the trucks and Profarm finals.

Snedge
03-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Fun. Glad I went.

Nice to put some more faces with names.

Timebomb
03-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Wish I could have made it, Im still laid up in the house from surgery. Here is the results I found

1.Wayne Greier--243.98
2.Adam Hallien--240.35
3.Jeremy denson--235.04
4.Carson Stauffer--234.15
5.Joe Gambino--233.16
6.Sam Tatalovic--232.51
7.Billy DeBlasio--232.23
8.Ralph Thompson--213.92
9.Robert Fulmer--210.93
10.Michael Garofalo--201.61
11.Ladell Weaver--193.89
12.Daniel Romberger--193.48
13.Tom Zufall--96.05
14.Bill Bowers--70.41

mech2161
03-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Good showing for Carson, can't wait to see the videos.

SKYNYRD
03-27-2010, 07:56 PM
alot of trucks with issues after their builds this winter. quite a few trucks broke talked to mike who had an issue with his throttle cable and return spring came off leaving it high rpms. he said that the track was pretty sticky but i know a couple trucks had drive line breakage.

Snedge
03-28-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't know about you guys. But, there just seems to be something missing at an indoor pull.:)

Highfinance97
03-28-2010, 08:42 AM
I don't know about you guys. But, there just seems to be something missing at an indoor pull.:)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/leadfootdiesel/Love_diesel-sfw.jpg

Snedge
03-28-2010, 08:43 AM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/leadfootdiesel/Love_diesel-sfw.jpg

Thats it!!!! Thanks, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Sledpuller
03-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Naw, you no doubt were thinking you was missing me officiating....

The trucks were MUCH cleaner this year,not a bad showing.:rockwoot:
I especially liked the tin stove pipe for a smoke tube......anyone care to discuss the pros and cons of having tin work and shiny tape on the joints?:bang

squizz
03-28-2010, 09:59 AM
any vids?

goodstktbo
03-28-2010, 11:14 AM
any vids?

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/images/smilies/whs.gif

trailerpro
03-28-2010, 11:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Y_lmNN03w

squizz
03-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Do you have the whole thing dale??

trailerpro
03-28-2010, 12:32 PM
No. That's not my video.

06 DIESEL
03-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I have the whole class, give me a day or so to get it up though.

dieselman47
03-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Naw, you no doubt were thinking you was missing me officiating....

The trucks were MUCH cleaner this year,not a bad showing.:rockwoot:
I especially liked the tin stove pipe for a smoke tube......anyone care to discuss the pros and cons of having tin work and shiny tape on the joints?:bang

Dont embarrass him more than he prob. already is..:hehe:

dieselman47
03-28-2010, 01:01 PM

Interesting!! The 2 Haisley trucks were the only ones that got made it on you tube.

vhaisley
03-28-2010, 01:42 PM
No bad intentions! They were the only 2 I had! Van & I were not able to go and those were emailed to us! Congratulations to all the pullers on a nice show!

From the reports we got from everyone they had a very nice class of diesel trucks and a very nice facility! We hope to see the pull continue to grow in future years!

Eventually promoters will see and understand that the diesel trucks are a big drawing card. We all love the tractors, but the fans really have a connection with the trucks. We just have to be patient and continue to show our support!

Patty

rawdog
03-28-2010, 02:28 PM
i am not embarrased,maybe it would have worked,maybe not.should i have changed it before i left.maybe.you dont know till you try.maybe i will put it back on out doors and try it and i will let everyone know what my findings are.i have never had a piece of locked ductwork come apart from pressure.and fyi,all joints had 4 screws each.who knows

RAMpage
03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
I was told the payout was alot better than last year. They should have advertised it and they might have gotten even more trucks, maybe even drawn a few more midwest trucks.

lightsOUT
03-28-2010, 03:26 PM
congrats to all who attended. its not easy, nor cheap to hook at the keystone nationals.

94 12valve
03-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I had a good time watching everyone pull. It really got me ready for this season :rockwoot:

d1rt
03-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I have videos also, give me a some time to get my youtube channel updated!

justacummins
03-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Here is Adam's Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCh6MuMkl0s

01PPUMP
03-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Good running trucks.

cummins724
03-28-2010, 07:29 PM
I have videos also, give me a some time to get my youtube channel updated!

:bang This could take a while.:hehe:

wanabsledpuller
03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Was nice seeing all you guys..I had a ball..thank goodness I had my air compressor along for big wayne how bout it,,,

cumminsconvoy
03-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Was nice seeing all you guys..I had a ball..thank goodness I had my air compressor along for big wayne how bout it,,,

Thank you Calvin i owe you one :bow:

GSM-01
03-28-2010, 10:16 PM
It was definately nice seeing some old faces. Good to see you calvin and gene and it was nice to meet you Wayne. Glad we could have the nice chat about where the name of the truck came from LOL Definately looks like some people got some of their stuff dialed in.

Sledpuller
03-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Eventually promoters will see and understand that the diesel trucks are a big drawing card. We all love the tractors, but the fans really have a connection with the trucks. We just have to be patient and continue to show our support!

Patty

Only a blind man would have missed the full stands for the Diesel truck class,Tractors, and the ghost town for anything with spark plugs.

Forresters are working hard on this pull and have made major improvements each year. It survived the economy, only down a few tractors, but I would say the spectator count went up.

NADM will continue to support this event.

06 DIESEL
03-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Anyone besides me notice the mass exit of fans after the diesel truck class? The doors were barely able to handle the number of people leaving, and the limited light super class was coming up, which usually puts on a good show.

d1rt
03-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Anyone besides me notice the mass exit of fans after the diesel truck class? The doors were barely able to handle the number of people leaving, and the limited light super class was coming up, which usually puts on a good show.

Are you sure they weren't just headed to the NADM booth for a Calvin Miller autograph?:hehe:

d1rt
03-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Wayne:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2OmRn9r7fY

Adam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VUQLXf1kU

Sam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA5qOkqDBUk

Jeremy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6Loy9h_u8

Robert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-50aAUhBnSo

Ladell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGKAVPfkd_A

cummins724
03-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Very good videos Matt! Thanks bud.

06 DIESEL
03-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Here is the video I took. I will post the un-edited version tomorrow for those that had more than one hook and the two that puked. Mike I accidentally stopped yours too early, only about a second though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_eOQ8KeSA

lightsOUT
03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
awesome vid travis. thanks.

Snedge
03-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Nice work Travis.

dieselman47
03-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Nice work on the videos!! Thanks!

ktmracer21
03-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Are you sure they weren't just headed to the NADM booth for a Calvin Miller autograph?:hehe:

poor fella has a big enough noggin as it is and you stcuk him in a booth with his truck and let him sign autographs?:hehe:

from what i saw he went to the hooters girls anyways:poke:

DarrenKrueger
03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Adams truck is running like a top nice work over winter

d1rt
03-29-2010, 09:26 PM
poor fella has a big enough noggin as it is and you stcuk him in a booth with his truck and let him sign autographs?:hehe:

Truer words have never been spoken!:bang

Highfinance97
03-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Mike I accidentally stopped yours too early, only about a second though.

No problem Thanks!!

tryblue
03-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Hey mike I seen the clutch problem but what happened at the end

Highfinance97
03-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Hey mike I seen the clutch problem but what happened at the end

What clutch problem??

My pump linkage broke and the return spring came off so the pump never returned to idle

getblown5.9
03-30-2010, 02:07 PM
What clutch problem??

My pump linkage broke and the return spring came off so the pump never returned to idle

I guess he is referring to the smoke rolling out of the bell housing halfway down the track

CTD03
03-30-2010, 07:30 PM
what happened to sam tatalovic

06 DIESEL
03-30-2010, 07:50 PM
I believe he broke his rear.

cummins724
03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Nice work on the videos!! Thanks!

Ditto!:rockwoot:

LReiff
03-30-2010, 08:11 PM
I was there...too bad so many had problems!

tryblue
03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
looked like your clutch never engaged fully it smoked like hell the whole pullWhat clutch problem??

06 DIESEL
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Here is all of my video, un-edited but still in placing order. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ylFjZy9nug

j-rod
03-30-2010, 08:44 PM

Light limited turbo put on a good show. Only one full pull though.

Evening show was awesome.

lightsOUT
03-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Light limited turbo put on a good show. Only one full pull though.

Evening show was awesome.

it was. during the pro-stock finals i stood at the starting line close enough so i could see their tachs when they left the line, haha! theres nothing like 640 cubes lighting one big single charger!

cjreckart
03-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Yea Sam Broke Both Stock Rear Axles

06 DIESEL
03-31-2010, 05:40 AM
The evening show should have been good. It was the best of the best. I will agree with the fact that seeing the smoke makes for a better show, but being able to have a show in the winter.

CTD03
03-31-2010, 02:59 PM
I believe he broke his rear.

thanks for the vids i didnt get to go down this year first year i missed since they started

thank you

DISTURBED
04-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Great seeing everybody at Keystone had a great time met some new guys from on here. Wayne and Adam great runs look forward to mixing it up with you guys this summer. Definatley a lot of good trucks this year with guys figuring out their setups and the payouts were a lot better hopefully this class will continue to grow. I would love to see 30 trucks so we could get two sessions and a final round in front of the night crowd. My hats off to the Keystone board and to all the competitors that made it there. Good luck to everybody the season and if you make it to test and tune tomorrow in Md I will see you there.