1997 died and will not re-start.

NOVICOUPE

I go out this morning and started my truck ran back inside for a few minutes.Came back outside and truck had died.Well glow plug light would not work.So I shut off the key and turned it back on and still no light.Waited awhile and tried to start the truck.Cranked real well but would not start.Came home tonight after work figured it might be crank sensor since I have not taken it in for the recall yet and it has never been replaced.Well get in truck and turn on the key still no GP light and I notice the little yellow off light it on,on the end of shift know for the OD.Well I try to push it and it will not go out.Cranks well and still no start.Tach does not even budge.SO is this a classic case of crank sensor being bad or maybe GP relay out or something electrical that is causing the OD off light being on?anyone have any ideas?

Fuel heater inside the fuel filter housing is shorted to housing , blowing the ecm fuse. unplug the heater on the drivers side of the filter bowl and replace the fuse.

Thanks, been doing some research and that was one of the other things that kept coming up.Was gonna look into that also.

Its a pretty frequent problem on those. The solder joints break from vibration and allow the heater element to swing out and touch the fuel bowl.

Yep that was it.Pulled wire connector and installed new fuse and WTS came back and OD off light was gone and truck started right up.Thanks for the help.

Back