lackskill

First, thanks to Big Swole and a few others for their posts on cumminsforum which lead me here.

I've got an 05 3500 CTD 4x4 SRW w/ 33" tires, a CAI and a Smarty flash at about 60k miles on the stock trans. I'm going to be towing about 10-12k in mountainous terrain. I don't know how long I should expect the stock transmission to last, but this truck will be my livelihood. I don't race, but I don't baby it either. What would you recommend for me?

I've seen price ranges from ~$2500 - ~$7000. I'm hoping what I need is less than $7k, but I don't know what I need, hence the reason I'm here. I'm know I'm capable of a trans swap, but I've never opened one up before so IDK if a VB replacement is over my head or not.

I'm not buying immediately. I still have to move half way across the country, but I need to know how much I'm looking at when the time comes. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Man!!! I'm sorry I'm just seeing this thread.....:bang

I am sorry man!

PM your number and I'll call you

David

No problem, man. I've been swimming in busy and haven't had time to think even 5 minutes ahead.

PM incoming. :)

Swole,

You work for Garmon now on the side? If so PM me I need a tranny part or two. If you arent Ill just call the shop.

Swole,

You work for Garmon now on the side? If so PM me I need a tranny part or two. If you arent Ill just call the shop.

Officially, I do not work for Jeff and am not getting paid. I've was a customer turned friend and due to all the help that Jeff, Phil, Rick, & kyle have given me with my truck, I just do as much internet and phone help to customers / potential that I can. I'll never be able to repay Jeff for all he's done for me so I just do what I can to help him every chance I get.

Having said that, I'll be more than happy to help with the contact to Jeff or anything. Just pm me your number and what you need and I'll be glad to try and make it happen.

David

Back