PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a battery?

Nathan@XSPower
01-07-2010, 08:20 AM
We are here for you! If it wasn't for our customers we would not be in business,and you can have the baddest fasters most powerfull diesel in the world, but if you cant start it up then its not going to do a whole lot for you. So, what do you look for in a battery and why is it important to you? We work very hard to make our products and tailor them for our customers needs, so your input is very important to us.

LReiff
01-07-2010, 08:36 AM
This would be great, a group65 size battery that is equivalent to 1150cca, has exceptional cycle life and lasts 10 years as a single battery in the average daily driven diesel pickup, at a cost that is somewhat lower than or equal to, two lead acid batteries.

Nathan@XSPower
01-07-2010, 09:40 AM
This would be great, a group65 size battery that is equivalent to 1150cca, has exceptional cycle life and lasts 10 years as a single battery in the average daily driven diesel pickup, at a cost that is somewhat lower than or equal to, two lead acid batteries.

This is the type of info we are looking for and that I can forward up to our engineers.

Our 6500 is $289.00 and we can stand up to the life cycle, but getting that power out of a battery that size is difficult. We try to redesign the make up of our batteries all the time and find new designs to get greater power, but haven't found a way to get that much power out of it. Our D3100 would be around 1150CCA, but it is a much bigger battery and the cost is higher also. The bad thing is that lead prices keep going up, which also increases the materials needed to make the batteries.

To be honest I think before to long we will all be using lithium batteries and the days of a 10+lbs battery will over with, but we aren't there yet.

wdimig
01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
what about the D2700? by looking at the dimensions, it will fit in the stock second gen. battery tray, which has a inner length of just under 13". i know you batteries are not rated by CCA, or CA's, but what would you rate the D2700 around? according to the website it seems to be inbetween the D6500, and the D3100 in amp rating. now help me understand how your company rates the batteries, what exactly does the max amp rating mean? how do there batteries perform in really cold weather, which normally takes a toll on regular lead acid battereis. sorry for all the questions, it seems like your company has a good product, just need a little more information. thanks!

Wes

Nathan@XSPower
01-08-2010, 11:55 AM
what about the D2700? by looking at the dimensions, it will fit in the stock second gen. battery tray, which has a inner length of just under 13". i know you batteries are not rated by CCA, or CA's, but what would you rate the D2700 around? according to the website it seems to be inbetween the D6500, and the D3100 in amp rating. now help me understand how your company rates the batteries, what exactly does the max amp rating mean? how do there batteries perform in really cold weather, which normally takes a toll on regular lead acid battereis. sorry for all the questions, it seems like your company has a good product, just need a little more information. thanks!

Wes

No problem for the questions...... thats what I am here for.

The D2700 has a CA rating of 1170 and it is inbetween (power and size) the 6500 and 3100 series. The Max Amps is the instant burst of power that the battery can produce at one time.

Here is some info on the AGM batteries v/s other forms of lead acid batteries:

Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries are the latest step in the evolution of lead-acid batteries. Instead of using a gel, an AGM uses a fiberglass like separator to hold the electrolyte in place. The physical bond between the separator fibers, the lead plates, and the container make AGMs spill-proof and the most vibration and impact resistant lead-acid batteries available today. Even better, AGMs use almost the same voltage set-points as flooded cells and thus can be used as drop-in replacements for flooded cells.

Basically, an AGM can do anything a Gel-cell can, only better.

Gel and Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries can dispense charge at a higher rate than flooded cells due to their lower Peukerts exponent. Deep-cycle Flooded Cells cannot deliver more than 25% of their rated amp-hour capacity in amps without plummeting Available Capacity

The biggest thing is the AGM is more advanced than the flooded or gel batteries and produce more power for a longer amount of time.

wdimig
01-08-2010, 03:20 PM
the max amp rating, is that for battery temps say above 50deg. F. or so? how does cold weather affect the AGM batteries compared to the flooded cell batteries?

Wes

Nathan@XSPower
01-08-2010, 04:45 PM
the max amp rating, is that for battery temps say above 50deg. F. or so? how does cold weather affect the AGM batteries compared to the flooded cell batteries?

Wes

The AGM will lose less energy slower than a flooded battery, and the AGM can be recharged with less power faster than the flooded battery in any temps. Any battery is going to lose some power in colder temps, but the AGM batteries are light years ahead in performance over flooded batteries.

I think the Max Amps rating was at room temps, but I will have to check with our engineers to make sure I am telling you the truth on that. When I get back in the office on Monday I will get with them and get you correct temp on that.