PDA

View Full Version : 4bt in a d150

inline6359
02-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Well i may have a new project in stor for this summer so this is a kind if feeler thread to find out some general info. I want to install a 4bt turbo version with intercooler and a 4 or 5 speed in an 1987 d150 4x4 with an auto. These are some of the question i need answers to if anyboy has them it would really help.

1. Is the stock fron suspension up to the weight? It will get all new parts but will new stock parts handle it?
2. What is easier to bolt up a 4 or 5 speed and what tranny and clutch will i use?
3. Can i find an original 87 manual tranny from another d150 and use the transfer case from the one that is in the auto i am getting?
4. What intercooler should i look for.
5. where can i get a new interior and other hard to find parts besides the junk yard?
6. and finally where can i find a 4bt in good condition and a tranny for it at a reasonable price? It will get torn down and looked over but i would like something solid to work with.
7. How far can i go with them as for power, i also want reliobility and milage? All i want is some fuel for preboost to fill the 5 inch mitres going on it?
8. what should i look for the rotary pump or inline?

My ultimate goal is to do a ground up restoration and have something uniques and still get 30 mpg.

Rick

DBogo
02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
not really cheap but heres the only inline pump 4bt ive ever seen
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160089417899&rd=1&rd=1