4wd issues

bracker8040

So heres my problem I got stuck was working it over pretty good 4wd would work in reverse put when you tried going forward it would try and engage but just pop sounded like a chain slipping on a sprocket so I got it out and then 4wd didnt want to work in reverse either did the same thing. I dont know if its the cad or what just wondering if anyone has had this problem or can tell me what it is because im not very happy with heavy 2wd truck right now so let me know guys:bang

it is most likely the rod that the shift fork rides on in side the axle the CAD it what I think it is called mine bent the rod that slide back and forth 2 years ago and it was doing exactly what yours is because it isn't sliding the sleeve over far enough to not get push back of the other shift when pressure it on bad news it mine just did it again today so I get to do it all over again.

Well come to find out after taking off cad and everything looked fine so I jacked up the front end turned the wheels herd clicking noise coming from the diff so I pulled the cover and found out there was a locker in it it was slipping like the springs in it were junk so it decided to try and lock up when I was going down the road so I took the locker out threw it in the garbage and went and bought a set of stock spiders works better than it ever did

Back