Solid front in an F250

bmarlatt

Mirrors Down
We've got a 90 F250 with a 7.3 sitting around the farm that I'm debating on reviving to keep the miles and abuse off my cummins.

We quit using it about a year ago when I was servicing it and noticed the pinion bearings in the front axle were shot, then found both u-joints were bad, and the bearings coming out of the right side of the differential were shot. So we pretty much quit using it since without 4x4 it doesn't do much good around the farm.

So my question is will a dana 60 from an F350 bolt right in place instead of the twin I-beam sh*# that is in this truck stock. I've had people tell me it will bolt right in and others say the brakes are different and the steering doesn't connect the same.

Any input would be helpful thanks.

Brian

Any Dana 60 from a 86-97 will bolt in. Gut the TTB stuff off & bolt the 60 & track bar on. Quite a simple swap really.

Any Dana 60 from a 86-97 will bolt in. Gut the TTB stuff off & bolt the 60 & track bar on. Quite a simple swap really.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Now if I can find a good dana 60 cheap somewhere, may just bring this truck back to life.

Back