PDA

View Full Version : HX40 and other small turbos

Jff24Gordn
03-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Do you think this would work as a single?? That is a hx40 rotating assembly for size reference?

RacinDuallie
03-06-2007, 06:57 AM
It might require a little bit more fuel..... LOL

Nice- any specs?

AsTroSS
03-06-2007, 07:03 AM
S-510 ? :poke:

:ft:

gunracer1
03-06-2007, 07:35 AM
how many mm on the inducer?

oldsmokey97
03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
how many arms did that bad boy cost???

Lance

Jff24Gordn
03-06-2007, 03:34 PM
3.4" inducer
With the shaft as big as it is, 15mm or so, it should be able to handle a lot of *nx* as a single.

Ok, maybe not as a single. But I did have a guy want to buy this from me to use as the small charger in his twin setup.

My ebay warning and vendor praise....
I bought this charger off of ebay last fall. The bearings felt nice and tight and I put it on the shelf till last week when I took it to Diesel Injection Service in Louisville, Ky to get it checked out. Before they took it back to get worked on, they said it looked ok, too.
BUT..... When they opened it up, the compressor was loose on the shaft and held in line with loc tite, the shaft looked to have been broke, welded back together and cleaned back up very nicely. In the housing where the bearings and seals sit was scored up very badly, and the bearings had a thick layer of paint on them to make them tight.
diesel Injection rooted around in their basement and found very good used parts and put it back together. Leaving me with only my original housings and the rest like new for the cost of labor plus the price of a rebuild kit.
Diesel Injection gets A+
Cheep ebay turbos get a F-

$$$$?? A lot less than one might think.

Jff24Gordn
03-07-2007, 04:44 AM
At least someone guessed the brand. Its a Garret TV81, a little older then a GT47, but if it could handle abuse of a 500hp 8V92, it should be able to take my right foot.
And the 15mm shaft was a guess, I never measured it while it was apart.

And Smokem, you must have one hell of a wastegate to need a line to it almost as big as the compressor outlet.