PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Quick!

Deezel Dog
03-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Alright, I went outside to go start the truck to move it. I let it idle for a minute to let her warm up a bit. I looked down at the tach, and it was reading 0! So I shut the truck off, thinking it was stuck or something crazy. Lit her back off and nothing, still not moving. Anybody have any ideas??
The only thing i can think of that had the slightest to do with it was... Yesterday i jumped somebodys POS truck, and they had the colors of the wires on the batteries reversed. ie red was grnd, black was pos. I didnt bother looking at the symbols on the batteries i just looked at the wires. So as soon as i touched the cables to my positive it sent sparks flying. My truck was running and it didnt do a thing to it. Maybe that was the problem maybe not. anybody help please???

MKoth
03-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Sounds like you need a new crank position sensor.

Billysgoat
03-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Ditto, you likely had a voltage spike with the jump and fried it. Try resetting everything (Take battery cables off overnight) and see if that helps, I doubt it, but it's worth a shot. If that doesn't do it take your engine serial number to your local Cummins place and get a new CPS.