PDA

View Full Version : Sloverado

lcaad1249
02-22-2010, 10:00 AM
A friend purchased the following Twin Turbos a LONG time ago (The check cleared September 30th) and an incomplete kit came.

MPI Tow Twins 3rd Gen - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58808)

I know he said he's selling for a friend, but all I keep getting is false promises. Now I've got a bill from Nathan Wright for the remaining parts for almost $250.

"I need to know what year the truck is the kit is going on for the coolant pipe. It changes in way late 05.
The oil feed line and fittings runs 42.00
The block drain is 22.50
Air cleaner is 49.00
Intake pipe is 95.00
Manifold studs and nuts 35.00
Coolant pipe varies with the year

Nathan Wright
Maximized Performance Inc.
208-884-1250"

I didn't want top post this on here but I can't get through to call you and you have quit answering PM's, I just want my parts, but I've still got all the texts and pm's recieved for this that I can post. I would like for you to take care of payment with MPI as soon as possible.

morkable
02-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Wow that is so unlike Ryan, he has been a very standup fellow in my past dealings with him. That being said I havent seen him post on here for along time now

lcaad1249
02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
I PM'ed him back on February 1st once I recieved Nathan's price, after giving up on getting the parts that were promised, and Ryan signed onto here on the 19th. He has sounded helpful everytime I've talked to him which is why I waited so long to post, but as I said the check cleared September 30th and we still don't have a complete kit.

I'll even admit some of the blame on our side as the purchaser put down the wrong name, Kyle Flies on the cashier's check instead of Ryan, and Ryan wanted to hold until the check cleared. We also recieved the majority of the kit in early November, but since then we haven't recieved anything. I've been in contact with Brian Moody (the kits owner) and Ryan but as I said, haven't recieved the complete kit, that was advertised.

97crewcab
02-22-2010, 10:39 AM
That is surprising of both Ryan and Brian. I doubt it was intentional, but none the less I hope they will help you get it straitened out.

lcaad1249
02-23-2010, 02:36 PM
I would think that too, but one text I got from Brian after 1 phone call where I talked to him, explained the situation, and was assured by him that he would make get back to me and make it right. The next day I called twice to check on progress which he didn't answer, the next day three times with no answer. That night, Nov. 20th I got a text saying:
"Quit bugging me. I am working on it. John (Isaacs) had all the parts there and used nothing that anyone with any mechanic ability couldn't replace for 5 bucks"

I have never seen a part since.

Bob Wagner
02-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Stay away from LANDON too.....

Sloverado
02-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Wow I just heard about this so I had to check. I thought someone else had taken care of it since I haven't gotten any calls or text in a long time.

I havent been on here in a long time as I have other things going on and not been here much. I will get everything taken care of.

I need shipping info to get the extra things I have. Call or text me as I dont get on here much. I will try help take care of any thing I can.

Wow a kit never leaves a guy shop and and all this is gone. I know the intake and air filter was on Brians truck but it was at the same shop for 8 months. If I new all that was missing when that guy shipped it to you I would of never said it was all there. I am sorry for the headache and but call me or text like I said.

morkable
02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Good to see you on here again Ryan

Sloverado
02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Ya nice to see you guys. I feel bad now I thought everything was taken care of. I am not on here much so I just got the pm's. We will have this taken care of by the weeks end im sure of that.

lcaad1249
02-23-2010, 06:03 PM
I think we've got everything taken care of. If we could get this thread closed or preferably deleted I think it would be best.

Bob Wagner
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
happy ending are always good. Ryan's always been a stand up guy.

flooritmade
02-23-2010, 07:44 PM
happy ending are always good. Ryan's always been a stand up guy.

I too would like to see this thread closed. I called Nathan and gave him my credit card number and ordered a new intake tube and filter to go along with the other stuff as I scratched up the old one but it has been over 2 months and nothing has appeared on my statement. When you first started contacting me I was in the middle of harvest and thought John had sent you all the stuff. Call me so we can put an end to this whole thing.

Thanks

Brian

lcaad1249
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Not trying to start an arguement here, but you knew they weren't sent me. The last text that I sent you was on December 23rd asking if you had a chance to send the parts that you told me Novermber 30 that you were going to send. I've got all the texts still.

BTW hope your legs better.

Idaho CTD
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
The reason nothing got billed to you Brian is because I was moving and nothing got built for well over a month (actually it took closer to 2 months). That and you were ordering some of the parts (but not all) and Icaad was ordering the same thing as you and then some. While I could have definately sold you both the same parts twice I figured it was better for you two to work out who was paying for what.

Ryan isn't always a stand up guy but I'll save that for another time.

flooritmade
02-23-2010, 08:59 PM
The reason nothing got billed to you Brian is because I was moving and nothing got built for well over a month (actually it took closer to 2 months). That and you were ordering some of the parts (but not all) and Icaad was ordering the same thing as you and then some. While I could have definately sold you both the same parts twice I figured it was better for you two to work out who was paying for what.

Thank you for looking out Nathan. I will be more than happy to pay for the missing parts. I will call you tomorrow and get you paid so we can end this. I really don't want everyone thinking I was intentionally trying to stiff somebody on parts. I am not going to get into an arguement either about when stuff was or was not shipped. I already have enough stuff to deal with so I hope this ends it and everyone is aware that I am trying to make it right. Sorry for the hard feelings.

cascius
02-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Wow a kit never leaves a guy shop and and all this is gone. I know the intake and air filter was on Brians truck but it was at the same shop for 8 months. If I new all that was missing when that guy shipped it to you I would of never said it was all there.

I can assure you that "the shop" where the parts were for that period of time had nothing to do with any missing parts. I also know for a fact, since I put them on, that any missing parts out of that kit are on Brian's truck in some way or another. "The shop", where they sat, was also nice enough to box everything up and ship it for you because you are 3 hours away. You, as the seller, should have taken the initiative to find out if the kit was complete before you listed it. That way you could have either listed it correctly, or bought the missing parts and replaced them before it was sold.

It's awfully funny how quick you are to throw someone else under the bus to save your own ass.

Floor It
02-26-2010, 09:57 AM
I would think that too, but one text I got from Brian after 1 phone call where I talked to him, explained the situation, and was assured by him that he would make get back to me and make it right. The next day I called twice to check on progress which he didn't answer, the next day three times with no answer. That night, Nov. 20th I got a text saying:
"Quit bugging me. I am working on it. John (Isaacs) had all the parts there and used nothing that anyone with any mechanic ability couldn't replace for 5 bucks"

I have never seen a part since.

REALLY! The braided oil supply line is way more than $5.00 and there were parts there we could have made but we were on a short time frame and used those parts to get Brians truck up and running. I am always busy and was not part of that sale or anything to do with that and i was TRYING to do that for you and work on the trucks that people were PAYING me to work on. I am human and can only do so much.

John

Floor It
02-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Stay away from LANDON too.....

Dont worry Bob.... i'm nothing like landon!

John

Sloverado
02-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Im not saying that it was anyones fault. I just couldn't believe the list was that long with stuff is all. I didnt list any name or anything so I wasnt referring to you guys at all. We have everything taken care of so it will be good to go.

flooritmade
02-26-2010, 10:48 PM
I can assure you that "the shop" where the parts were for that period of time had nothing to do with any missing parts. I also know for a fact, since I put them on, that any missing parts out of that kit are on Brian's truck in some way or another. "The shop", where they sat, was also nice enough to box everything up and ship it for you because you are 3 hours away. You, as the seller, should have taken the initiative to find out if the kit was complete before you listed it. That way you could have either listed it correctly, or bought the missing parts and replaced them before it was sold.

It's awfully funny how quick you are to throw someone else under the bus to save your own ass.

I want to clear this up. It was during harvest when this whole thing took place. I was having a really stressful week and lost my temper when I sent the text to quit bugging me. I was trying to run the combine and get my crops out. In no way shape or form was Floor It Diesel or Clay responsible. I had no idea how many parts were used on my truck. I should have taken care of this much earlier but basically forgot about it. Iwas not trying to leave you hangin. I called Nathan, we talked and I made sure that all the missing parts will be replaced and sent to you. This is no one else's fault but my own and I take full responsibility. Sorry that this whole disaster ever had to go this far. Once again Floor It and Clay were not to blame. Lets hopefully put this behind us and move on.

BTW let me know how the set up works out.

cascius
02-27-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm not trying to say that you had anything to do with it Brian. I just wanted to clear up Ryan's post. Just because he didn't list names doesn't mean he didn't imply that it was our fault. He couldn't take the heat of getting called out on this so he tried to pass the blame on. That's ok. Karma is a *****.

Sloverado
02-27-2010, 10:35 AM
I can take the blame and yes I wasnt clear on it I just assumed everything was there. It was my fault and it is getting taken care of.

Randall12v
03-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Does anyone have Sloverado's number?? I bought a set of injectors from him that I'd like to talk to him about.

Thanks!
Mark

Sloverado
03-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Just logged on and got your pm. I will be calling in a sec.

lcaad1249
03-29-2010, 08:32 AM

Nathan,
Do you know when the parts will be sent out?

lcaad1249
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Nathan,
Do you know when the parts will be sent out?

bump

lcaad1249
08-02-2010, 09:09 AM
I forgot to post back on here, when the twins were delivered and have already been installed and working great. The situation has been resolved and I didn't want this looking unresolved.