PDA

View Full Version : 8 lug drag wheels...

Xplod
03-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Is there any such thing?
I have seen a couple of trucks running 8-lug skinnys (6") in the front
and a 5-lug in the rear (due to the custom Strange, Dynatech, etc. axles)

Does any one manufacture drag wheels for diesels yet. I thought surely
by now Weld or Centerline would offer some?

McRat
03-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Hell, Weld and Centerline are BARELY making options for 1993+ performance cars. Their normal reply?

"Just change your axles and brakes! Find a backspace, width, and bolt pattern out of our catalog, and build your entire vehicle around them. Better yet, just buy a 1968 Nova and you're good to go!"

This is what happens when a company gets big. They forget their roots.

Mickey Thompson and Eagle have some rims that are usable. Zenik? makes 18" rims that are usable. Problem is all these rims are made for lifted trucks and have too little backspace.

Xplod
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
You are so right, guess I will just have to run a sticky tire on my KMC 22's.
Just looking for a various ways to make a good hookup and get big power to the ground. I am looking for mid to high 11's with the right traction...

Morse
03-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I had Real Racing Wheels build mine..

ob1kobi
03-17-2007, 08:27 PM
http://www.realwheel.net/

They can make pretty much anything that you want. On my old drag truck I had a custom 16X15 rear wheel, and a matching 16X8 front wheel, there not the best looking wheels but they seemed to work ok. I don't have the truck anymore, nor do I speak with its current owner, so maybe he found some problems after we went our seperate ways, I'm not sure.

There was a Duramax that was running them, however they kept cracking around the lugs on him and I think he got tired of dealing with them, not positive about that though, all I know is he quit running them after he went through a set or two.