PDA

View Full Version : oil drip

DBogo
03-11-2007, 12:57 PM
when i bought my truck up until about a week ago it never left a drop of oil on my driveway, lately its been leaving a little spot out of the blowby tube, whats the deal with that?

Signal 73
03-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Mine leaves a drip when its parked overnight. Its got 114K on the clock. When I had the head off for orings, The cyl. walls were perfect. I defenetly would not loose any sleep over it. If it becomes excessive, id make sure there isnt a vaccum leak.

DBogo
03-11-2007, 09:06 PM
the thing is it hasnt done it since october and just started doing it last week it leaves a drip about the size of a quarter overnight, how would i go about checking for vacuum leak

Signal 73
03-13-2007, 04:32 PM
If your AC controls switch off of defrost, and your cruise control works (if you have it) Chances are your ok. There is a proper method of testing but I gotta dig that one up.

Timbeaux
03-13-2007, 04:38 PM
My truck doesnt leak oil, it sweats horsepower.

DBogo
03-13-2007, 10:23 PM
If your AC controls switch off of defrost, and your cruise control works (if you have it) Chances are your ok. There is a proper method of testing but I gotta dig that one up.
ive been afriad to touch the a/c since i got it, i turned on the defrost once and the a/c clutch made a horrid noise so i just dont use a/c or defrost but the cruise still works