PDA

View Full Version : Allison upgrade info needed

buck0000
03-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know if the kits available from suncoast ats etc. fix the problem with the off-center apply piston in the 5 speed. I believe and correct me if im wrong that, that is what causes uneven wear on the C1 and C2 clutches. Any help and info would be appreciated.

gtmax
03-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Suncoast does with thicker bottom apply plates for both C1 and C2 clutch. ATS addresses C1s, not sure about C2, I know they add another friction and steel to the C2 clutch but believe the apply plate is a steel plate as in the stock Allison.

buck0000
03-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Does suncoast fix the issue with the c3's lack of lubrication ?

White Duramax
03-11-2010, 09:52 AM
inglewoodtransmission .com

Call and ask Mike, he is probably the most knowledgeable allison guy out there.

Diesel Tech
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
You've been reading the internet too much. The piston contact for C1 and C2 is slightly off center. The supposed fix is to install a thicker bottom plate but it's still off center. The thicker plate that is talked about is about .020" thicker than stock, not enough to make any difference! As far as oil to C3 there are how many hundreds of thousands of Allison 1000 transmissions out working each and every day? C3 when setup properly works just fine and the aftermarket add on oiler for it is a joke at best.

buck0000
03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the info. There is no need to get snippy though. I just recently got my first duramax. Im trying to just make sure that any problems from the factory can be addressed and that any money I spend in the future is put towards things that actually matter. Thanks to all for the help

Smokin' LB7
03-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info. There is no need to get snippy though. I just recently got my first duramax. Im trying to just make sure that any problems from the factory can be addressed and that any money I spend in the future is put towards things that actually matter. Thanks to all for the help

Where did you read that?

buck0000
03-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I got the info from this last months issue of diesel power. Im still learing about the allison and duramax so i dont know which are real issues with these trucks from those that arent a big deal. I really apprectiate the info from everyone and apologize if i come across as being a jerk at times lol

thanks again Ryan

JD4440
03-13-2010, 11:19 PM

He can't help it Ryan, see his user title........................