PDA

View Full Version : Banks IQ

Duramax66
03-13-2010, 07:25 AM
I ain't go n to lie, new to this diesel thing, but I am hoping I can get some good advice. Any one using the Banks six gun, is it worth it? I am not looking to go nuts with the truck right now, just some extra bang for my buck!! I really only use the truck mainly for pulling car trailers and big enclosed sled haulers

2008 chevy 2500HD
Crew Cab
K&N filter

runem'hard
03-13-2010, 08:34 AM
i personally havnt had experience with them but a couple buddies of mine had them and they werent happy with them. but im not saying it wont work for you if all you want to do is tow.

JD4440
03-13-2010, 09:15 PM
That's a lot of bucks for just a little bang IMO. there are other alternatives that'll give you what you desire, depending on budget.

runem'hard
03-15-2010, 05:17 PM
That's a lot of bucks for just a little bang IMO. there are other alternatives that'll give you what you desire, depending on budget.

i was going to say the same thing but some people like banks and get offensive. lol

JD4440
03-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Well, don't get me wrong. I like some of their products but not the tuners. I use their intercooler pipes and soon will use the intercooler also.
You are correct though, for towing they are top notch

runem'hard
03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
i take it that you dont really care for spearco?

JD4440
03-16-2010, 09:36 PM
i take it that you dont really care for spearco?
Me ? Haven't really researched them. I need one good to at least 60 psi so I never have to buy another.

imo if you're looking for something with the monitor and similar features i would go for the Juice/CTS combo.

Recieved a CTS today w/ the backup camera/ expandable probe. Looks sweet-azz

runem'hard
03-18-2010, 05:16 PM
ya i hear you...

joeburnside
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Since I'm too lazy tonight to fill out my signature, I'll post the details here after I add my $0.02 about Banks Power and their products.
1. You can purchase less expensive products and realize higher temporary peak power increases.
2. You can control more parameters with EFI Live than with Banks.
3. For the most part you can purchase products for newly designed vehicles sooner that Banks.
4. You might be able to find a manufacturer to build one component, but typically Banks will provide complete systems designed to work together.
5. I doubt you will find any other manufacturer that spends as much time and money developing a product that will add safe reliable power.
6. Yes, some of Banks products are more expensive than other like manufacturers, but as I mentioned in #5 above, Banks tests and develops their products to be beneficial and reliable.

I have never regreted putting any of Banks Power equipment on my truck.

2007 2500HD 4x4 crew cab Long bed.
6" Fabtech lift
4.11 gears front & rear
Eaton E-locker front &Posi unit rear
35 x 12.50 x 17 Toyo Open Country MT's
17 x 9 Pro Comp Xtreme 6005's
Banks Ram Air Intake & Super Scoop
Banks Techni-Cooler & Boost Tube
Banks 6 Gun diesel Tuner with Banks iQ, Banks Monster Exhaust
Banks SpeedBrake
Trailready Pre-runner Bumper w/ PIAA 510 & 520
Trailready rear bumper w/ PIAA 510's