PDA

View Full Version : Can you feel the diff between hrvp and so ??

jr22
03-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Hello, i just installed a shovp44 from industrial injection and a fass 150/150 system after my 1st test drive i really didnt feel any differance so, i had my wife drive it and she said it has more power till it shifts {auto} but then feels the same. on a stock truck with a auto are you going to feel any other differance ?? Thanks, jr

Snedge
03-18-2007, 07:27 PM
I would think so. At least a little. Try towing something. It may hang on longer before downshifting.

RacinDuallie
03-19-2007, 06:10 AM
What are the differences in fuel psi at idle and w.o.t. ? Have you been able to mash the pedal for a good distance?

MD-LUCKY
03-19-2007, 09:47 AM
You should probably be able to feel a difference.. I can't imagine it would be a huge difference though, unless they are doing something that allows the pump to give more fuel without electronic enhancements..

The problem is that without a pump-tap computer, your only getting about 36% of the fuel that the VP is capable of... but the tap voids the electronics warranty.

Dazed&Confused
03-19-2007, 11:22 AM
With the HRVP you need to put a ADD on it to make it fuel the way it should. It will defuel on shifts and that is why you feel like you are loosing power when it shifts.

Andy

paulb
03-19-2007, 11:32 AM
I don't know about on a stock truck, or the II HRVP44, but on my truck putting a HRVP44, made a big difference. Low end fueling is quite a bit better.

Paul

4x4dually
03-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Does anyone have specs on what the actual pump differences are or is it all black magic? What makes it a "HR"vp? Are they bigger/better components like oversized junk and better electronics or just differences like better seals and small junk? Inguiring minds want to know.......

RacinDuallie
03-19-2007, 11:43 AM
You could be missing the gains with the stock transmission..... Do you have gauges? have you noticed an increase in trans temp?

Dazed&Confused
03-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I believe they take the plungers out of the HO and put them in the SO. It is something like that, it is taking the parts from both pumps and useing them together to get the most hp.

Andy

Dazed&Confused
03-19-2007, 01:39 PM
What is it they change then? I thuoght it was that but it has been a long time since I was told the difference.

Andy

Dazed&Confused
03-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I was told by Scheid that they change some internals as well just cant remember what though.

Andy

4x4dually
03-19-2007, 03:32 PM
I emailed II. Maybe they will respond and I can post some facts about the pump differences. I'm interested to know what to buy when this pos finally gives out.

95ram
03-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Electonic board.

Winner, winner, winner chicken dinner

They put an HO brain on an SO pump. If any one has ever put an HO pump on their SO pickup you've noticed that "huge power increase down low". The HO pump fuels much harder at lower rpms.

4x4dually
03-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Winner, winner, winner chicken dinner

They put an HO brain on an SO pump. If any one has ever put an HO pump on their SO pickup you've noticed that "huge power increase down low". The HO pump fuels much harder at lower rpms.

So having an '02 "HO" motor, I have the "HO" pump already? Pardon my ignorance, I'm still learning.

jr22
03-19-2007, 08:37 PM
called and talked to II today relayed the part number to them and they said yes it was the shovp for there automatic trans. The only thing that that i have done is what listed in my sig so no chip or injectors. They said i should be able to feel the differance and not quite sure why i cant ?? they did offer to send me a another one to exchange for the one currently on the truck ?? Also i do have the stock 100k auto transmission my trans and engine have been running hotter about 10-15 degres since the install i put on over 100 miles today ??Thanks jr

MKoth
03-19-2007, 08:39 PM
So having an '02 "HO" motor, I have the "HO" pump already? Pardon my ignorance, I'm still learning.

Yup.

However, the HO pump is limited to roughly 500-550HP. The barrel and plungers are too small to support any more horsepower.

Billysgoat
03-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Yup.

However, the HO pump is limited to roughly 500-550HP. The barrel and plungers are too small to support any more horsepower.

The flip side to that is the HO pump is much harder to kill than a SO pump from what I have seen. Back in my blissful ignorance days I have no clue how long my truck ran with no fuel pressure due to a DRT lift pump :bang

MKoth
03-19-2007, 10:06 PM
The flip side to that is the HO pump is much harder to kill than a SO pump from what I have seen. Back in my blissful ignorance days I have no clue how long my truck ran with no fuel pressure due to a DRT lift pump :bang

My pump that died at 60k miles would beg to differ.

I have about 21K miles on a hot rod pump from II, and I honestly couldn't tell any difference.

RacinDuallie
03-20-2007, 04:20 AM
Also i do have the stock 100k auto transmission my trans and engine have been running hotter about 10-15 degres since the install i put on over 100 miles today ??Thanks jr

Well you could very well be slipping through the trans even more now, the stock transmissions ability to transfer the power to the wheels is meager at best.:bang The increase in temps could point to that happening. . . . .

It does not take much to go past the stock transmissions abilities, I feel and this is my personal opinion, that even a 'fresh' stock transmission, transferrs approximately 80-85% of the power to the wheels, the rest of the power transferr is lost in slippage-thus creating heat, and this is what kills transmissions. $.02

Do you have a Fuel Psi gauge? If yes- did you record your before and after psi's?

4x4dually
03-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Well, I killed my pump at 55K after driving around with my lift pump out and not knowing. Anyways, here is the responce from II, not the detailed explaination I wanted. I kinda expected a little more effort.

"I was told buy cody that they are all there own parts and styles so they do not cross and with the difference you will see a 90 hp gain on the hot rod pump. If you have any more questions on that matter contact parts@industrialinjection.com"

jr22
03-20-2007, 08:49 PM
The trans is going to be rebuilt but i loss the IP 1st so that was done first hopefully after my rebuilt i will have better result also i talked to a local shop closer to the city and they told me that he has had 4 or 5 calls from customers asking the same question as me ?? All where II pump ?? He implied but did not say that he thinks there numbers are inflated ??

MKoth
03-20-2007, 08:55 PM
"I was told buy cody that they are all there own parts and styles so they do not cross and with the difference you will see a 90 hp gain on the hot rod pump. If you have any more questions on that matter contact parts@industrialinjection.com"

LOL

Billysgoat
03-20-2007, 09:34 PM
My pump that died at 60k miles would beg to differ.

I have about 21K miles on a hot rod pump from II, and I honestly couldn't tell any difference.

Still on the stock IP with 160k+ here, I guess the pump on my truck was built by a guy who got a good nights sleep and a little nooky :bang LOL LOL

(Knocks on wood :hehe:)