PDA

View Full Version : Little bigger turbo?

farmboypowerstr
04-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Overhauling the 4440 as we speak, Does anyone make just a little bigger turbo for it? With the pump turned up I'd like a turbo that would flow a tad more air.

Whats a good way to clean the crank? It was in a shed and someone swept the shed out and dust got all over. Some said use break cleaner?

What are the tq specs for the rod bolts and head bolts?

JDGnut
05-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Turbo.. look on pulloff.com.. Look for a 3lm turbo.. you should be able to find on that will bolt on..
Just clean the crank with brake clean.. clean the oil passages.. brake clean, and air..
U probably have it together by now.. I don't have the specs handy..
Bryan

BlackSkyRacing
05-18-2010, 04:46 PM
as JDGnut has already said, I'm sure you already have it together by now... But IIRC the mains are 180 ft-lbs and the rods are 55ft-lbs + 90* TTY

As far as the turbo goes, if you can, try to find a modified 3LM on pulloff.com. Otherwise an HX35 or HX40 is honestly a huge improvement over the small frame (3LM) Schwitzers or the T04 Garrets. I know they aren't exactly bolt on, but you'll be a lot happier with something that isn't being pushed off of it's map by the time you break 230hp. Granted I'm sure you're not pushing that kind of power, it's still nice to have a turbo that isn't working it's guts out to feed that 466 mill...