PDA

View Full Version : Low Boost

DirtyBlonde
03-22-2007, 05:02 PM
I installed a new Isspro boost gauge about a month ago and noticed that I had oddly low boost (like ohhhh 12 psi tops) Then I decided to check into the lift pump to make sure it wasn't a fueling issue...
Welp, it was. Or so I thought. My pump tested bad and I installed a Glacier 392 kit yesterday. Now I have a good 18 psi fuel pressure, but still only show 15 psi boost tops. The guage has trouble climbing past 10 psi, for that matter...
So the question is: does this sound like a gauge/install issue or what?

Thanks thanks,
Nat

Dazed&Confused
03-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Did you check the line for any kind of restriction?

Andy

haz-mat19
03-22-2007, 08:03 PM
You could have pinch the compression nut at the gauge or the manifold. Just something to look at.

Billysgoat
03-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Sounds more like a gauge problem than a boost problem Nat, look the line over for leaks real good. When I did the gauges in my truck I had the same problem, wound up being a bad spot in the hose from a kink, new hose, no problem.

partsguy662
03-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Nothing worse than a kink in your hose, eh Billy? :hehe:

DirtyBlonde
03-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I went over the darned thing with a fine toothed comb and can't find anything...
I'm replacing the hose tonight just for gits and shiggles. I'll keep ya updated.

snow ram
03-23-2007, 03:14 PM
just for gits and shiggles.

HOW DARE YOU USE MY PULLING TRUCK NAME!!!!
just kidding, but you know what i think about your boost issue already, call up auto meter and see if they will send you a new one or if they want you to test your old one first $.02

Billysgoat
03-23-2007, 08:45 PM
I went over the darned thing with a fine toothed comb and can't find anything...
I'm replacing the hose tonight just for gits and shiggles. I'll keep ya updated.

The hose on mine was screwed up internally, looked just fine :bang

Are you getting loads of smoke Nat?? If the exhaust is cleaning up fairly well I'll still say it be gauge problems no matter what you find.

BTW, have you checked intercooler boots and intake gasket??? BigUgly had an intake gasket blow out and it sounds similar to your problems, difference was his truck ran like a stock 6.9IDI motor had been swapped for the Cummins.