PDA

View Full Version : qsb 480hp pistons?

canadiandiesel
04-20-2010, 09:41 PM
i've searched and searched comp d and a few other forums and from my understanding those are equal to 03-04 pistons for the bowl type which we can use on the 03 cr, now is there any other information i can get about these pistons? will they alter the original compression ratio? whats there specs?

the local cummins dealer has no information nor do they want to search for me.
and whats there price, up here for a basic piston its well over 270 each.

Dudge
04-21-2010, 06:27 PM
From what I've been told...no difference between these and the stock 03-04 pistons other than a higher nickel content. I guess they would help with heat a little better. I hear they're quite a bit higher than stock pistons, although I haven't priced them. I was quoted $160 a piece for a stock piston with rings and wristpin.

94ttss
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Pm Snedge on here. He will get you the info and best price.

canadiandiesel
04-21-2010, 09:45 PM
i talked to jeff about everything, piston height is the same on a ho block, its the lower hp level block that has a difference (found out though another source) just waiting on a call back for what i need so i can order em

Snedge
04-22-2010, 06:20 AM
i talked to jeff about everything, piston height is the same on a ho block, its the lower hp level block that has a difference (found out though another source) just waiting on a call back for what i need so i can order em

Yo Spencer. I tried to call you twice yesterday and received a busy signal ???
I'll PM the number I have, so we can confirm it is correct.

TMONEYDIESEL
04-22-2010, 06:49 AM
I told ya Snedge is tha shizzz

SHughes
04-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Yes he is!! But what does Snedge mean? LOL