How long do you guys wait before going to dealer

nummit

I am making an appt. tomorrow for my over boost issue and wanted to know how long is long enough to clear the KAM code, and let the computer relearn everything so the tech won't suspect any aftermarket add-on's?
I have been running stock for three weeks and approx 500 miles+- do you think this is enough for everything to look normal?

Since I did put 40+ psi to the head gaskets and I did puke some coolant I am going to push for new gaskets and try to get studs done at the same time.
Do you guys think the piston tops will look normal in this amount of time or should I wait a bit longer?

Your computer is clear by now I imagine...but you can also check for codes with the SCT without tipping them off.

My pistons with 30K+ SCT miles on them had absolutly no star patern on them...I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:
just fyi, there are codes that the xcal2 can't see. for instance, my xcal2 doesn't pick up my aux. electronic fan code that's been there for 2 weeks.

was winching for a couple hours last week and the truck started overheating. I then realized the aux. fan did not come on. so, after I got done, I plugged in the xcal2 to look for codes, nothing. Went straight to the dealer and had him put the puter on it and he immediately saw the aux. fan. clutch code. Checked again with the xcal, nothing.

So, just giving out information. You might reset the batteries as well before you go if it's a concern.

sct

I know someone who had about 10 minutes worth of runtime after flashing back to stock with an Xcal2, and the dealer couldnt tell there was a chip. Maybe they didnt care?

There will be a P1000 (KAM)code for a while after re-setting the computer, which some say is a dead give away for a tuner. I wanted this code to clear before going in.
I hope three weeks was enough

I do not wait at all!

I reflashed mine back to stock this am, drove it to the dealer (appx 25 miles) and they dont say anything.:rockwoot:

Back