PDA

View Full Version : Educated me..

SilverBack76
06-18-2010, 01:41 PM
I'll been CONSIDERING, sell my Dodge while I'm gone for a year and then coming back to get a LMM Duramax. So before I decide what are people getting out of these things HP wise, looking to be around 700ish. What are the pro's and cons you guys are seeing.
I figuered Jeff G can build the tranny, but I'm clueless to what size turbo's, injectors and other money draining toys are needed. Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Brian

TravisG
06-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Uhhhh it's Educate me. :doh:

Thank you very much, I will be here all week!

Big Swole
06-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Uhhhh it's Educate me. :doh:

Thank you very much, I will be here all week!

:hehe:

Damn Brain....^....Not even one useful post and Ol boy is giving you Chit!!!!

SilverBack76
06-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Sorry did not know that the grammer Nazi's would be bored today. :doh: Spell check or drink beer??? How about Learn me..

Big Swole
06-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Brian...I can't say I blame you but I do know one thing about Dmax's....If you truly want 700 on the street, your going to have to go inside the block with some better rods...

I've always kinda liked the Dmax too....Wouldn't mind having one as a second truck (towing or street)...

SilverBack76
06-18-2010, 08:10 PM
I hear ya David, my boss has one and it is nice. I'm trying to get an idea of what it would run to build one up to that level, is it going to be worth the wallet ach? Tranny, fuel and turbo's are easy to figuer out, but I have no clue about what else (like the rods you mentioned) you have to change out.
I love my Dodge, but I won't have it for a year and can sell it out right, I might be interested in a LMM. If I keep the Dodge then when I get back:rockwoot: it's on like Donkey Kong.

Brian

Big Swole
06-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Don't seem like these "Government Motors" guys wanna help Ed-Jew-Ma-Kate you too much......

Hello!!!!!!! Anybody out there!!!!!!

JD4440
06-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Swole's right. You'll need rods, cut LB7 or forged pistons and key the cam and crank for a reliable 700.
Either twins or a decent size single, and most likely dual CP3's. Trans of course.

SilverBack76
06-19-2010, 07:29 AM
Thank you Sir. Just looking for some ed-um-a-cation. So who would be the man to talk this thru for me.
Swole is Jeff keyed in on the DMax? I know he's "Thee Man" on anything Cummins.
I already got the go from the wife, she don't care as long as she doesn't hear about it. Ha Ha.

Brian

JD4440
06-20-2010, 09:55 PM
As sharp as Jeff is on a dodge I would't doubt he has the capacity to do whatever you need; surely check with him. Your loc says AL and NC ? Closest dmax guy w/ a shop I know to you is Dustin Mintern @ Diesel Addiction motorsports (NC). Mydieseladdiction.com

TravisG
06-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Sorry did not know that the grammer Nazi's would be bored today. :doh: Spell check or drink beer??? How about Learn me..

Sorry dude just giving ya sh!t. I have only messed with a couple of Duramax's and nothing internally. Like everyone else has said, I know the rods are one weak point. Good luck with the truck.

SilverBack76
06-22-2010, 09:57 AM
No worries.:Cheer:
Thanks

Brian

SilverBack76
06-22-2010, 09:59 AM
As sharp as Jeff is on a dodge I would't doubt he has the capacity to do whatever you need; surely check with him. Your loc says AL and NC ? Closest dmax guy w/ a shop I know to you is Dustin Mintern @ Diesel Addiction motorsports (NC). Mydieseladdiction.com

Thanks!

Dallas@SunCoast
07-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Put some new parts on your truck and fall in love with it again. Kinda like puttin a new pair of tits on your wife:hehe:

SilverBack76
07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Put some new parts on your truck and fall in love with it again. Kinda like puttin a new pair of tits on your wife:hehe:
Did that already!Time for a new set and just like anything for the truck it has to be bigger and better!