PDA

View Full Version : Headed to the sand box again.

Chevycummins
07-24-2010, 07:48 PM
well i guess i get to head to the wonderful sand box in the kuwait/iraq region. went once in 03, they tried in 08 got sent back for kidney stones and they are at it again to send me back. i hear we are going to kuwait but it is undertimined yet as to what or where we are going, i just know a month of training in CA and then 2 weeks at home and leave anytime after that.

anyone on here in arifjan, kuwait? i know that is one stop but not sure if thats where we are going to end up.

9712valve
07-25-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm not in the armed forces yet, but I wish you the best of luck and Thank you very much for serving our country, How long did you enlist for?

Chevycummins
07-25-2010, 08:12 AM
i initially signed up for 6 then re-enlisted for 6 more. i got 4 left on this contract and might got for the 20 not sure yet.

rams-n-hogs
07-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Be careful over there. And THANKS!

Chevycummins
07-25-2010, 08:51 AM
I will be and thanks for the support. It means a lot to us when ppl like you guys come up and shake hands, secretly by a drink, or any other form of appretiation towards us. I know it shocks the newly enlisted cause they haven't been yet but someday they will see how great it feels.

chevy12v
07-31-2010, 02:46 PM
I was just in arifjan in may, it's the same ol **** hole good luck to u

chevy12v
07-31-2010, 10:44 PM
When u get to your final dest. Post up your addy and info. If your going to iraq there's not much u can't buy, but my wife and I would like to send u a care package.

Knuckledragger
07-31-2010, 10:53 PM
i was in arifjan in '05. i volunteerd for the remain behind crew. thats were we washed are gear down to get it back to the states. i was only there for two weeks but it felt like two months. good luck to you and god bless!

chuggins10
10-17-2010, 09:42 PM
hey man i have a buddy that stays in kuwait he works fra on the trucks

Chevycummins
11-04-2010, 04:06 AM
made it here to kuwait a few days ago. pretty boring so far not much going on. if anyone is in AJ any time leave me a message.

sixspeed
11-04-2010, 06:56 AM
I was in Kuwait for the 1st gulf war, but was returned before all the bombs started falling. Since retired. But thank you for your service. When I was there all I thought about was getting home to my then 12v and the harley and some good ole American women. Well not ole, but American. Where do you live in the states. I live in GA. Again be safe thank you and I know you will come home holding your head high

Chevycummins
11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
i live in missouri. this is my second time over here during this recent war. its been transfered over from Operation Iraqi freedom to Operation New Dawn which is the movement to start heading home so hopefully soon we will be out of this sand box for good.

Dustin_Z
11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Been there, done that. Its a huge base, but well established.

If you find yourself at Balad, let me know.

Chevycummins
11-04-2010, 07:07 PM
will do and yes this is a pretty good sized base but it garrissoned beyond belief. its worse here than at a base stateside.

Knuckledragger
11-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Been there, done that. Its a huge base, but well established.

If you find yourself at Balad, let me know.

i spent a year in balad @ anaconda. never a dull moment there

Dustin_Z
11-05-2010, 03:34 AM
i spent a year in balad @ anaconda. never a dull moment there

Things have changed. Never a lively moment over here, unless mortars are falling within a few hundred yards....

Knuckledragger
11-05-2010, 11:52 PM
there was a couple mortars land right outside the px when i was there. there was 3 or 4 people hurt. they trashed the front of the px pretty good to

AmarilloF250
11-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Just down the road from ya in Ali....Dont fly into AJ but for the guys in Balad just be looking for the C-130 with TX flag on the tail

Dustin_Z
11-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Just down the road from ya in Ali....Dont fly into AJ but for the guys in Balad just be looking for the C-130 with TX flag on the tail

I've seen several of them, maybe the same tail number, not sure. Find your way down to the south edge of the flightline. We have lots of Fords and a few dodges...

DISTURBED
11-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Mike just saw your thread figured i would crap it up for you.:hehe: Besafe and there will be a party waiting for you when you get back, on me at the shop.:Cheer: And if i never said it, thanks for keeping us safe and that goes for the rest of you guys as well:thankyou2:

Chevycummins
11-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Jeremy you a$$ clown lol. i will be looking forward to it come next year. we plan to make a trip out and see you guys after i get back. amarillo i am sure i will see you sometime we have some local runs up there to pick up supplies and what not.