PDA

View Full Version : Weird Sound At 60 - 65 Mph

1965LONEWOLF
04-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Getting This Weird Sound At 60 - 65 Mph , It Doesn't Do It Below That Or Over That , It Doesn't Do It Either If You Let Off Or If You Throw It Into Nuetral , If You Put It In Tow/haul Mode And Go 60 Mph Its Fine , I Can't Figure It Out ? I Checked U Joint - Couldn't Find Anything Wrong By Just Looking , Jacked Up Front Wheels To Check Bearings And They Seem Fine Also - Any Idea's From Anyone

Amish Elegance
04-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Can you describe the sound?

Does it do it in tow/haul at lower speeds w. similar RPM?

Do you still have the little C weight on the power steering hoses that go to the brake booster?

1965LONEWOLF
04-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Only Does In In Over Drive - If You Shut The Over Drive Up And Bring It Up To 60-65 The Sound Is Not There , Its Not A Vibration - Its A Sound - I Think Its Some Kind Of Harmonic Balancing Thing ? Maybe Loose Exhaust , Loose Clamp Or Something To That Effect ?

jamesl
04-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Only Does In In Over Drive - If You Shut The Over Drive Up And Bring It Up To 60-65 The Sound Is Not There , Its Not A Vibration - Its A Sound - I Think Its Some Kind Of Harmonic Balancing Thing ? Maybe Loose Exhaust , Loose Clamp Or Something To That Effect ?

exhaust drone?

1965LONEWOLF
04-17-2007, 08:25 AM
exhaust drone?
I GET THAT ANYWAY , ITS NOT THAT - I HAVE HAD THE SAME EXHAUST SETUP FOR A YEAR NOW AND JUST STARTED WHAT I DESCRIBE YESTERDAY .

1965LONEWOLF
04-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Getting This Weird Sound At 60 - 65 Mph , It Doesn't Do It Below That Or Over That , It Doesn't Do It Either If You Let Off Or If You Throw It Into Nuetral , If You Put It In Tow/haul Mode And Go 60 Mph Its Fine , I Can't Figure It Out ? I Checked U Joint - Couldn't Find Anything Wrong By Just Looking , Jacked Up Front Wheels To Check Bearings And They Seem Fine Also - Any Idea's From Anyone
UPDATE: installed two brand new brute force rear u joints and it still does it ! i'm pulling my hair out of my head , if you go 80 mph and then just let off it , it'll come down right pass 60 - 65 and have no noise , only when your on the throttle , i came honme today with cruise control on - set at 65 mph - going up hills and normal ground level you can hear it , BUT when you come down the big hills (cruise control still set at 65 mph ) you can;t hear it , WHAT GIVES ? ANY OTHER IDEA'S OUT THERE ?:what:

1965LONEWOLF
04-20-2007, 05:31 PM
UPDATE: installed two brand new brute force rear u joints and it still does it ! i'm pulling my hair out of my head , if you go 80 mph and then just let off it , it'll come down right pass 60 - 65 and have no noise , only when your on the throttle , i came honme today with cruise control on - set at 65 mph - going up hills and normal ground level you can hear it , BUT when you come down the big hills (cruise control still set at 65 mph ) you can;t hear it , WHAT GIVES ? ANY OTHER IDEA'S OUT THERE ?:what:
2 ND UPDATE: jacked the truck up on jack stands and ran it up to 60 mph and it still doing it , atleast that takes the front end , front tires & rims and front drive shaft out of the mix , now the next thing to do is take the rims and tires off and see if it still does it - will report back