PDA

View Full Version : I has a TDI!!!!

JasonCzerak
08-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Thank you Billy for all the crash course info and texts and calls about stuff to look for on such a short notice!!!

$4600 after taxes, etc etc etc

200K miles. 5 speed. new tires. new front brakes. new front shocks. one owner car with exception of the broker, he drove it 5000 miles. carfax shows everything done. timing belts are done on time. I have 80,000 left on this one.

Paint is in as good condition as my truck, in not better in most areas. drives straight, stops straight. A/C works. Engine compartment is clean..

Few mileage modes, get the iPhone/iPod hooks ups.. Maybe some stereo stuff...

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26805&stc=1&d=1282423312

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26806&stc=1&d=1282423312

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26807&stc=1&d=1282423312

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26808&stc=1&d=1282423312

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26809&stc=1&d=1282423312

John Robinson
08-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Nice one!!

JasonCzerak
08-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Nice one!!

Thanks!

edit:

Well, I suppose it's time to start on my TDI program. "Project J". Yep, sounds like a good name.

hatemi
08-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Parts on your list to do:

R520. The old 5 hole. 2R520 suck big time. Stay away. I'd much rather get herpes than those. Nictane makes some nice nozzles aswell. And larger than Bosios.
11mm pump from auto AHL.
2260VK. There are actually some kits that you can get if you dont like fabricating. You could always do twins on the thing if you can ;)
Colt cams makes some nice regrinds for that in US.
Headporting is also in order.
And a decent clutch and flywheel.

JasonCzerak
08-21-2010, 04:08 PM
This TDI is so stock, as you can see from the motor shot the plastic covers that cover the bolts for the plastic cover are still there.

Be honest, I'm going to drive it. Stereo and EGR mods. The GF will learn to drive stick on this so the clutch may very well soon go. It's original. We'll see about next spring bumping the HP up.. I really need a CompD sticker and a "Project J" sticker for each side. Them are important. I will put it on the dyno possibly before the EGR changes.

Blueboy
08-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Try and find someone with a Ross-tech: Vag-Com:
in your area. Or new $250. Thats all you need to
work on these.

roachie
08-21-2010, 04:20 PM
This is compd, your not allowed to have a stock vehicle.

JasonCzerak
08-21-2010, 04:23 PM
This is compd, your not allowed to have a stock vehicle.

Atleast it runs..... and drives....... that's a pre-requisite for modified right? :)

roachie
08-21-2010, 04:28 PM
You have 48hrs...

JasonCzerak
08-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Parts on your list to do:

R520. The old 5 hole. 2R520 suck big time. Stay away. I'd much rather get herpes than those. Nictane makes some nice nozzles aswell. And larger than Bosios.
11mm pump from auto AHL.
2260VK. There are actually some kits that you can get if you dont like fabricating. You could always do twins on the thing if you can ;)
Colt cams makes some nice regrinds for that in US.
Headporting is also in order.
And a decent clutch and flywheel.

Try and find someone with a Ross-tech: Vag-Com:
in your area. Or new $250. Thats all you need to
work on these.

Thank you.

Scooter's Roofing
08-21-2010, 04:36 PM
you stole that thing! :mad:

coon smile
08-21-2010, 04:38 PM
I like it. Have fun!

SuperSonic
08-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Very clean for the miles.

'strokeThis_'07
08-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Biggest knock on these TDIs is the sissy, girly styling, especially on the newer ones:bang

I could probably deal with it for that price though. Nice find

JasonCzerak
08-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Biggest knock on these TDIs is the sissy, girly styling, especially on the newer ones:bang

I could probably deal with it for that price though. Nice find

Golf is "sissy"? possibly.

I think this is more sissy then the Golf

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/GREG560/DSCN1298.jpg

'strokeThis_'07
08-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Beetle, Jetta, Golf. Nones really gonna win a looks contest...although I've seen some with wheels that look pretty decent

roachie
08-21-2010, 10:36 PM
A tastefully modded Jetta looks damn good.

morkable
08-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I agree, Jettas can be a very good looking car, done right. What year is that one Jason? I have never seen a TDI Golf before. We dont get the Golfs up here north of the border. Just the beetle and jetta etc

SKYNYRD
08-21-2010, 10:54 PM
dang man that is a steal I'm kinda in the boat for the same car just in the 2 door model and have seen a couple on craigslist lately, but kinda waiting on some parts I have to sell. I need something to get better mileage than driving my truck 64 miles a day round trip for work and doing all the driving to spend time with my daughter. heck I'm averaging 825+ miles every 2 weeks.

JasonCzerak
08-21-2010, 11:09 PM
A tastefully modded Jetta looks damn good.

I agree. slight lower and some nice wheels with a little tint goes a long away. I've always had a place for the Golf. Jetta "meh", almost got one actually, good thing it was and auto and I held out less then 24 hours and search craigslist one last time this morning. Beatle, Cool to look at as far as one of the first real retro-cars to come out, but ya know what, I wouldn't be caught dead in one :)

I agree, Jettas can be a very good looking car, done right. What year is that one Jason? I have never seen a TDI Golf before. We dont get the Golfs up here north of the border. Just the beetle and jetta etc

2001. There's a good amount of TDI golfs over here.

-----

So far I've ordered the Bentley service manual. Motor oil, Trans fluid, fuel filter, oil filter, oil, cabin air filter. Billy's being way to cool and building me the EGR plates. I'm researching the vac-com stuff now.

Still wondering what I should do on the CAI front. AFE makes a kit for $215. I'll be cleaning out the air intake screen and the intake manifold. I'll possibly just cut the cat out and replace it with a "test pipe" :). I've reached out to peter at SB clutch as to my options on that front. We'll see about replacing the skid plate as well. Gauges? of course! :)

I suppose it won't remain stock... But close :)

hatemi
08-22-2010, 03:11 AM
Dont waste your money on a CAI or freeflow whatnot. The stock is good for at least 250hp and it actually filters. You can mod the stock airbox with larger intake snorkel and grind some of the plastic supporting structures inside. Angle grinder is pretty good tool for that. Then you have an airbox that filters and is CAI.

For tuning I would recomend VWmikel aka TDTuning. And get a Map based smoke limiting tune so you can ditch the damn MAF sensor that is a constant grief. And then you can make the intake plumbing alot smoother when you upgrade the turbo ;)

Turbo Performance
08-22-2010, 03:47 AM
Thank you Billy for all the crash course info and texts and calls about stuff to look for on such a short notice!!!

$4600 after taxes, etc etc etc

200K miles. 5 speed. new tires. new front brakes. new front shocks. one owner car with exception of the broker, he drove it 5000 miles. carfax shows everything done. timing belts are done on time. I have 80,000 left on this one.

Paint is in as good condition as my truck, in not better in most areas. drives straight, stops straight. A/C works. Engine compartment is clean..

Few mileage modes, get the iPhone/iPod hooks ups.. Maybe some stereo stuff...

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26805&stc=1&d=1282423312

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26806&stc=1&d=1282423312

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26807&stc=1&d=1282423312

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26808&stc=1&d=1282423312

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26809&stc=1&d=1282423312

Looks like Idaho plates. Where'd you end up buying it from?

SKYNYRD
08-22-2010, 07:28 AM
haha i just found the craigslist add for it you got it for a song and dance.

2001 VW Golf TDI GLS 5 Spd (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1911095708.html)

JasonCzerak
08-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah, ha. The guys was supposed to remove the ad.

Levi, mn plates.

JasonCzerak
08-22-2010, 10:49 AM
hmmmm. I have a signed purchase agreement and a deposit made, yet he has it on CL, for more money.... If this bastard sells it before Monday when the bank opens..... I'm going to be upset. I know where the guy lives too...

hmmmmmmmmmm....... might take a swing by to see if it's still there. If it's sold. Simple court case.

Billysgoat
08-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Car looks good Jason, glad I could be some help to you :D

JasonCzerak
08-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Car looks good Jason, glad I could be some help to you :D

Hey! Thanks again!

Now I got a problem... What to drove to Topeka? hahaha :)

Big Swole
08-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Thats just like mine J!
Awesome little cars! Mines an 02 and it Just turned 90k miles.

Billysgoat did my EGR cleaning / delete, timing belt. water pump, serp. belt, and all the rollers for me. Last year at shop day at Garmons.

Only thing is, mine doesn't have the sun roof... Everything else as far as colors & 4drs. is the same.... Mine is stayning STOCK! I do NOT need two money pits!

Congrats dude!

Signature600
08-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Mine is stayning STOCK! I do NOT need two money pits!

Congrats dude!

:hehe: :hehe:

OK David...I say the same thing about my 2010...if I see you posting about wanting to do mods to your VW, I'll hound you not to....but I expect you to do the same if you see me posting about my 2010...deal??

Nice VW Jason....if I had to have a car, you can bet it would be diesel!
Chris

JasonCzerak
08-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Thats just like mine J!
Awesome little cars! Mines an 02 and it Just turned 90k miles.

Billysgoat did my EGR cleaning / delete, timing belt. water pump, serp. belt, and all the rollers for me. Last year at shop day at Garmons.

Only thing is, mine doesn't have the sun roof... Everything else as far as colors & 4drs. is the same.... Mine is stayning STOCK! I do NOT need two money pits!

Congrats dude!

thought you had a jetta not a golf?

Big Swole
08-23-2010, 05:31 AM
:hehe: :hehe:

OK David...I say the same thing about my 2010...if I see you posting about wanting to do mods to your VW, I'll hound you not to....but I expect you to do the same if you see me posting about my 2010...deal??

Nice VW Jason....if I had to have a car, you can bet it would be diesel!
Chris

DEAL!!!! :)

They ONLY way you'll see me mod this thing is two fold. If I sold my truck and got a stock one, OR If I win the Lotto!!!!

Yes, Please keep me in check!!! I'll do the same! :Cheer:

thought you had a jetta not a golf?

Nope, Its an 02 Silver 5sp. Golf TDI....

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad137/BigSwole1255/photo.jpg

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad137/BigSwole1255/Diesel%20Misc%20Pics/2002VWGolfTDI.jpg

JasonCzerak
08-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Illegal tint!!!!!

Mah bad. Thought I recalled pics of a jetta.

Big Swole
08-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Illegal tint!!!!!

Mah bad. Thought I recalled pics of a jetta.

LOL

20% all around and 40% on the whole windshield.....

Signature600
08-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Won't they get you a silver patrol car...that thing looks tacky sitting there!!

Chris

Oh, and btw, the dealer said it was OK if I did emissions deletes on my truck...but anything farther than that, heckle me into submission!

Big Swole
08-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Won't they get you a silver patrol car...that thing looks tacky sitting there!!

Chris

Oh, and btw, the dealer said it was OK if I did emissions deletes on my truck...but anything farther than that, heckle me into submission!

Silver patrol would be kewl!! But I think Blk/Wht is the only real colors for a police cruser...

Wow....Can't beleive they said it was okay to do that!!!

I'd get that chit in writing!!! Seriously!! That way if they deny and claim later or any other dealer, you'll have legs to stand on.....

Post a pic of you 10'....

Signature600
08-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Silver patrol would be kewl!! But I think Blk/Wht is the only real colors for a police cruser...

Wow....Can't beleive they said it was okay to do that!!!

I'd get that chit in writing!!! Seriously!! That way if they deny and claim later or any other dealer, you'll have legs to stand on.....

Post a pic of you 10'....

I'd be worried about it, but I've known the guy for 10 years or more, and he knows me, and what I'm doing with it. He said as long as I'm honest, he'll take care of me. I'm just worried about the tranny going out...the engine doesn't bother me at all, especially after I delete it!

I need to find a picture of it...

Chris

JasonCzerak
08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Man this thing is a dog! :) 85, 90 rolling down hill :). I'm SURE there's stuff that needs to be cleaned and what not to fix that stuff right up. :)

Big Swole
08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Man this thing is a dog! :) 85, 90 rolling down hill :). I'm SURE there's stuff that needs to be cleaned and what not to fix that stuff right up. :)

Dude!!! With 200K on the ticker, I HATE to think of how clogged that EGR system and Intake is!!!!

Took me forever to scrape that crap outta there and a few hours in the parts washer at Jeff's to get the intake somewhat clean....

I've not yet done mine but I need to cut the snow screen out of the snorkle part of the air box....

Do all of this and it'll wake up a bit...

JasonCzerak
08-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Dude!!! With 200K on the ticker, I HATE to think of how clogged that EGR system and Intake is!!!!

Took me forever to scrape that crap outta there and a few hours in the parts washer at Jeff's to get the intake somewhat clean....

I've not yet done mine but I need to cut the snow screen out of the snorkle part of the air box....

Do all of this and it'll wake up a bit...

The intake was cleaned at 130,000

I can barely hear a super faint sound of the turbo. I replaced the air cleaner. I got pics of that dirty thing.

I got a jug of power service and put in a bit more then required for the $30 fill up!

Holllycow it's weird filling a passenger car up with DIESEL. Felt wrong for a second.

Amsoil delivery should be here tomorrow. i'll replace hte cabin filter and the fuel filter and do the oil and trans fluids this weekend.

Scooter's Roofing
08-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Remeber, you're workin' with a whopping 90hp :o

SKYNYRD
08-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Remeber, you're workin' with a whopping 90hp :o

doubt that will last that long.

Big Swole
08-23-2010, 06:33 PM
And 155 ft. lbs. Of stump pulling torque!!

lol

Scooter's Roofing
08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
doubt that will last that long.

true, he'll be at a whopping 120-130hp in no time! :p

JasonCzerak
08-23-2010, 07:03 PM
your right... missing the "size" and "speed" of the truck. can't intimidate with the size, nor can I call bluffs with speed.. so yeah. need to add speed.

Billysgoat
08-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Nope, not gonna outrun much of anything stock LOL The good news is these cars handle well enough you can maintain speed and just weave your way through most stuff, and if all else fails? Really, really good brakes! :D

With the intake being cleaned at 130 you should have a much easier time of it the next go around.

JasonCzerak
08-29-2010, 06:09 AM
holly crap I bought a well broken in TDI!

I normally make a trip from minneapolis to owatonna,mn a few times a month. Just a quick 60 mile jog down i-35 and back. I decided to run the speed limit of 70mph. So I fill up at my normal station stopped at the click. Drove there at 8pm. worked, left at 4:30am stopped and fueled up 2.35 gallons after 122.4miles!!!!!!!!

That's 52MPG! at 70mph! I was expecting low to mid 40's at that speed! No A/C. Windows up.

Billysgoat
08-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice, isn't it? :)

On the way up to SDX I ran 75-80 the whole way, half of it without AC, 555 miles later I put 11.9 gallons of fuel in to come home with.

JasonCzerak
08-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Nice, isn't it? :)

On the way up to SDX I ran 75-80 the whole way, half of it without AC, 555 miles later I put 11.9 gallons of fuel in to come home with.

46.6 is worth it to have A/C and time savings. Once this EGR is deleted and things cleaned out I'll run anther 70mph run to owatonna and back and check for improvement.

haloman
08-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Sweet Action Jason! Glad you like it.

Whitbread
08-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Delete the egr, clean the intake, remove the snowscreen, make sure the vanes aren't stuck, get a map based tune from tdtuning.com (as hatemi suggested also), midsize set of injectors, install a good clutch, and an off road downpipe. You won't believe the difference it will all make.

As for injectors, I've run just about everything out there and had the best results with Nick D'Amico's, aka Nicktane. Bosch T4 nozzles are another very good option availible from different vendors.

JasonCzerak
08-31-2010, 03:43 AM
What's the best way to check the vanes without turbo removal?

Whitbread
08-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Pics will be better than words: TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1340914)

Basically, push the vnt arm towards the actuator and make sure it moves freely.

JasonCzerak
08-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Pics will be better than words: TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1340914)

Basically, push the vnt arm towards the actuator and make sure it moves freely.

Sweet! Billy's shipping off home made EGR plates. I'll be tearing into things this weekend. I'm thinking about cleaning out the firepit and using the redneck method to clean out the intake manifold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oet4qWeZuYA

Been running heavy doses of power service and running it hard. The 3000+ rpm range is running better every day.

I'm feeling confident and learning when to get going and focusing on the handling and braking to screw with idiots vs chit loads of HP and size intimidation with the truck. I'd still get my butt killed in a real city like Chicago or Detroit, but here in Minneapolis it's just right. It's retarded when this TDI is merging on the highway faster then a V8 Jeep ya know! :) The retard gave me the "why didn't you let me merge" hand jesters. I gave the "thumbs up" for, merge at 55, not 40mph dumbass. :)

Anywho. This car is a load of fun even at 50hp LOL

As for the snow screen, I expect to get this thing clobbered in snow in the winter so I'll leave that in.

I'll be looking at tuning and the "test pipe" today.

Blueboy
08-31-2010, 12:17 PM
When you are ready to do your injectors, call this guy.
franksTDIs@sbcglobal.net. 417-232- 4634
I called,told what I wanted. He sent me a set of injectors
so I could pull mine install his, with no down time. After
he receiving mine, the work was done and returned in 3 days.
If they are rusted in be careful when pulling. I made a tool
that i will let you use if you need it.

JasonCzerak
08-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Injectors and turbo will be next year! I have to put a small brake on this :)

I ordered a stage 3 tuner. I'll need to get boost and egt gauges for over the steering column and I'll see about making up or buying a test pipe and call this good for now.

Whitbread
08-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Trust me, get rid of the snow screen, it does abosultely diddly squat other than plug up. When you see where it is you'll understand more. If snow ever gets up that far and doesn't melt by then, you sure as hell won't be driving it away haha.

When you are ready to do your injectors, call this guy.
franksTDIs@sbcglobal.net. 417-232- 4634 x2. Frank is the tdi injector man. Super cool dude and reasonable prices. Just don't talk politics with him LOL

With that tune you better plan on a clutch before injectors. Stock clutches in these suck monkey balls. They'll take a tune or injectors, but not both.

New South Performance makes the best fitting column pod for these (its what I run). The autometer one fits like poop.

To get rid of the kitty cheaply, take the dp out and chuck it in a chop saw, cut the conical end in half, hammer the crap out, weld it back together. Or if your dp is due for replacement anyway, there's a couple different companies that make 2.5" dp's.

This is the dp I produce in off road only flavor
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/mrwhitbread/egolfdp.jpg

Big Swole
08-31-2010, 04:31 PM
You guys are Killing ME!!!

I swore that I would not get into modding my TDI but It looks / sounds SO inviting!!!

Billy did all my EGR delete / Intake cleaning stuff....I've still got to remove the snow screen ( just been lazy )...

But having a small tune or stix sounds fun....

JasonCzerak
08-31-2010, 06:10 PM

I swore that I would not get into modding my TDI but It looks / sounds SO inviting!!!

Billy did all my EGR delete / Intake cleaning stuff....I've still got to remove the snow screen ( just been lazy )...

I know!!!! And this stuff is relatively cheap compared to 5.9 crap.

I cleaned the snow screen but left it in there. I'll pull it when I replace this little battery for a proper one

Big Swole
08-31-2010, 07:00 PM
I know!!!! And this stuff is relatively cheap compared to 5.9 crap.

I cleaned the snow screen but left it in there. I'll pull it when I replace this little battery for a proper one

Haven't tried to get to the snow screen yet....Is it hard?

JasonCzerak
08-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Haven't tried to get to the snow screen yet....Is it hard?

Pull the battery and to screws.

JasonCzerak
08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0a06gsiF4&feature=related

Big Swole
08-31-2010, 08:01 PM
That's awesome!

I say "Bollocks" all the time....lol

I picked it up from the movie, "Snatch"..

'strokeThis_'07
08-31-2010, 11:11 PM

Do it Swole. You know you want to..:poke:

Billysgoat
09-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Even half inebriated and dead tired I told you it was easy to get to :poke:

JasonCzerak
09-03-2010, 10:05 AM
dumb question about tdtuning.com.. I got my programmer. not software in it. this normal? or do I have to get them to email software or what?

I sent an email to their sales@ address with the same question. curious what kinda of experience some of you have had?

Signature600
09-03-2010, 11:15 AM

STOP IT

Just back away from the TDI Swole...you promised:nail:

Chris:D

Big Swole
09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
STOP IT

Just back away from the TDI Swole...you promised:nail:

Chris:D

YES SIR!!

I was just testing you!!

LOL

:Cheer:

Signature600
09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
I thought so:D:D

Chris

JasonCzerak
09-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Got this figured out a little. Download the stock software, send in, wait for an update , program. Have fun :)

Egr plates look nice Billy! Thanks!

Billysgoat
09-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Lemme know how they work out and have fun!

JasonCzerak
09-04-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm just about there to get to the bolts with the intake manifold. I'll quit then and finish up tomorrow.

I ended up breaking 2 vacuum lines. they weren't rubber anymore. I'll see about picking up a huge roll of the stuff and replacing everything I can while I'm in here.

DAMN that's a tiny turbo. 4 or 6 of them on a 5.9 might be enough for stock. :)

JasonCzerak
09-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Well, The custom JJ Fabrications EGR delete machinnng, inspired by BillysGoat fabrication in conjuntion with Project J "The golf" is mosly complete. id like to name drop CSynder, Jebus, Bill Gates, crazypipes and CrazyDave

before:

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27035&stc=1&d=1283639867

AFTER:
http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27036&stc=1&d=1283639867

Little JB Weld and tings wil be complete. This EGR delete flows the best on the market y0

Billysgoat
09-04-2010, 07:01 PM
"It's hard to misslepp" That got me to doing this> LOL LOL LOL

Looks good, now get it finished, I had a timing belt and EGR done in the time it's taking you to get this finished :poke:

JasonCzerak
09-04-2010, 07:25 PM
"It's hard to misslepp" That got me to doing this> LOL LOL LOL

Looks good, now get it finished, I had a timing belt and EGR done in the time it's taking you to get this finished :poke:

I type on this computer thing all day.. I'm not used to manual labor like this but once or twice a month. So I pull the union card when I'm working on my stuff and take a break every 20 minutes.

JB weld id curing, little more grinding and clean the intake manifold and i'm on the re-install part, including start on the vacuum tube replacements. There's still allot left to do! :)

'strokeThis_'07
09-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Got this figured out a little. Download the stock software, send in, wait for an update , program. Have fun :)

How longs the wait take for the tune Jason?

before:

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27035&stc=1&d=1283639867

AFTER:
http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27036&stc=1&d=1283639867

Little JB Weld and tings wil be complete. This EGR delete flows the best on the market y0

Holy hell:hehe: I now see why thats usually the first thing recommended to do to a TDI

JasonCzerak
09-04-2010, 11:06 PM
How longs the wait take for the tune Jason?

Holy hell:hehe: I now see why thats usually the first thing recommended to do to a TDI

Rather quick! faster then bob can ignore your emails for the smarty. Say a few hours durning 9-5. Well see as time goes on as I make changes.

The intake wasn't "bad". I've seen worse online. The redneck manifold cleaning took about 2 hours but worked!

nosparks
09-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Jeezus that's disgusting. And that's supposed to help emissions??

Big Swole
09-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Jason, Mine looked just as bad I'd say and my Golf only has 90k miles on it now.. We did this last Nov. , so it had less miles then.

Intake was pretty bad as well.

Billysgoat
09-05-2010, 09:56 AM
I type on this computer thing all day.. I'm not used to manual labor like this but once or twice a month. So I pull the union card when I'm working on my stuff and take a break every 20 minutes.

JB weld id curing, little more grinding and clean the intake manifold and i'm on the re-install part, including start on the vacuum tube replacements. There's still allot left to do! :)

I know, just have to give you some grief :poke:

JasonCzerak
09-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Yep... woke it right up again! Even with the tune 85 was a struggle.. cruised right up 110 with ease and more to go!

Still got a "slight" surge over 3000, just not as bad. Curious if that's a fuel deliver issue

'strokeThis_'07
09-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Rather quick! faster then bob can ignore your emails for the smarty. Say a few hours durning 9-5. Well see as time goes on as I make changes.

The intake wasn't "bad". I've seen worse online. The redneck manifold cleaning took about 2 hours but worked!

LOL Actually thats not a bad wait at all. What kind of tune did you get?

To me, that manifolds nasty. If thats the good side of bad...I'd hate to see the bad side

My car had 165k on the clock when I cleaned the intake, you couldn't drop a quarter through the runners.

JasonCzerak
09-05-2010, 08:39 PM
LOL Actually thats not a bad wait at all. What kind of tune did you get?

To me, that manifolds nasty. If thats the good side of bad...I'd hate to see the bad side

I got a stage 3 from
Tdtuning.

JasonCzerak
09-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, thread detailing my uppper rpm power band questions. And for the most part everything I did since I bought the car.

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=292976)

Blueboy
09-06-2010, 06:56 PM
When you replaced your vacuum lines did you get the
3" line inside the ecm or whatever you want to call it box.
I replaced the n75 valve and all lines, still had problem
until I changed it.

JasonCzerak
09-06-2010, 07:27 PM
When you replaced your vacuum lines did you get the
3" line inside the ecm or whatever you want to call it box.
I replaced the n75 valve and all lines, still had problem
until I changed it.

I wasn't changing it.. crazydave was doing that part. I don't' recall seeing lines going to an ECM. I'll double check! thanks!

edit:

ok, I ran back out and we (dave) replaced all the lines on the firewall to and from everything there.. you care to give me a pointer of where to look for this one last line?

JasonCzerak
09-06-2010, 07:50 PM
nope, no Vac line to the ECU. It's the A4 platform.

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=228894&highlight=ecm+ecu+vacuum)

Blueboy
09-07-2010, 06:00 AM
On my car I took cover off ECU, there was a 3" long
line in there also.

JasonCzerak
09-07-2010, 07:30 AM
On my car I took cover off ECU, there was a 3" long
line in there also.

01 ALH?

Blueboy
09-08-2010, 11:34 AM
98 AHL
I have Tools for changing belt. and vag-com if you
every need them. I am looking for a 03, my body
is shot from all the salt.

JasonCzerak
09-08-2010, 12:08 PM
98 AHL

You in Minnesota? I'd love to take you up on the offer to poke around the vag-com.

There's a few changes I'd like to make to the "convenience module". Like the auto-lock door feature that will conveniently lock my ass outa the car if I don't crack a window first. And the very convenient auto lock the hatch the second you close it, cuz every time I close it I want it locked, conveniently.

opper_boy
09-09-2010, 09:18 AM
98 AHL

I'll sell you an 02

Blueboy
09-11-2010, 05:11 AM
I'll sell you an 02

I am looking for one out west, or FL.
I want to start with a salt free car.

Blueboy
09-11-2010, 05:15 AM
You in Minnesota? I'd love to take you up on the offer to poke around the vag-com.

There's a few changes I'd like to make to the "convenience module". Like the auto-lock door feature that will conveniently lock my ass outa the car if I don't crack a window first. And the very convenient auto lock the hatch the second you close it, cuz every time I close it I want it locked, conveniently.

I am in upstate, NY
I have a laptop that is only used for vag-com,
could send by mail.