How long is the wait?

lackskill

How long is the wait for a build right now?

Swole, I talked to you several months ago, before I made my move to Denver and started hauling regularly.

Well, I've made the move, and I'm kinda hoping I can swing the money for a build possibly as soon as in a couple weeks. Right now the stock transmission is really killing me when I'm pulling hills because the trans temps are going through the roof and it's starting to slip a little and shift funny on occasion. I can't afford to have this thing down for an extended period so I need to be proactive. If the wait is long, I may have to go another route, so I'm hoping the wait is more like weeks rather than months.

I'll be looking for the price (and/or recommendations) on a Triple Disc Tow Unit with billet input and billet flex plate. I'll also need a shipping quote to Thornton, CO 80241. How much is the core charge?

What pan is Jeff using? I think I'd like a Mag-Hytec double deep.

The truck is an 05 4x4 w/ Smarty S-06, S&B CAI, 285/70/17 M/T's, towing ~12k and in the mountains a lot.

What I listed above is basically what you recommended and we talked about except I'm thinking that adding the flex plate and pan are cheap(ish) insurance.

Thanks a bunch.

Ryan

Well, I tried to PM Big Swole, but apparently you can't send PM's until you've got 10 posts. So I guess I just have to bump my thread that's already at the top of the list... :(

Your best bet is to call Jeff @ Garmon's. The turn around time is no time at all... couple days likely. Shipping is $250. He'll build you a trans, ship it to you, then you send your back in the supplied crate. Here are the prices....

Garmon Diesel Performance
**Full service transmission/diesel performance shop**
Griffin, GA 404-577-4972
Transmission Pricing
***prices are subject to change***

**Tow Unit**
*** $2950.00***
( single disc torque converter )
suitable for only STOCK horsepower
• modified custom Garmon diesel valve body ( 195 psi )
• aftermarket electronics
• custom Garmon diesel springs for shift dampening
• Borg Warner high energy clutches
• Heavy duty front band
• Single disc torque converter with billet lock up piston

**Tow Unit**
***$3250.00***
( triple disc torque converter )
suitable up to 450 HP
• modified custom Garmon diesel valve body ( 195 psi )
• aftermarket electronics
• custom Garmon diesel springs for shift dampening
• Borg Warner high energy clutches
• Heavy duty front band
• Triple disc torque converter with billet lock up piston

**Competition Unit**
***$6595.00***
(suitable up to 800 horsepower)
• billet input shaft
• billet output shaft
• billet intermediate shaft
• billet flex plate
• billet front band
• triple disc torque converter with billet lock up piston
• custom built valve body

**Competition Plus Unit** ( Fat Shaft )
***$8595.00***
(suitable for over 800 horsepower)
*this unit is designed for up to 3000 ft.lbs of torque!!*
• billet input shaft
• billet output shaft
• billet intermediate shaft
• billet flex plate
• billet front band
• five disc torque converter with billet lock up piston
• custom built valve body
Ford 5R110 & 4R100 Products

**Tow Unit**
( suitable up to 400 horsepower )
***$3250.00***
• high energy clutches
• billet triple disc converter
• superior shift kit
Allison T1000 products

**Tow Unit**
( suitable up to 600 horsepower )
***$3450.00***
• stage IV PPE clutches
• Transgo shift kit
• triple disc billet torque converter

***all units are exchange for core***
***all units are dyno/pressure tested before installation or shipping***

***Warranty***
Dodge single disc tow units carry a 1 year / unlimited mileage warranty
Dodge triple disc tow units carry a 2 year / unlimited mileage warranty
Dodge competition units carry a 1 year / unlimited mileage warranty
Ford tow units carry a 2 year / unlimited mileage warranty
Allison tow units carry a 1 year / unlimited mileage warranty​

Triton,

Thanks for the post. I wish I had time to call Jeff, but I've been working a ton of hours for the last couple weeks and I've probably got about another week of it left. I've pretty much been the walking dead. :)

Great to hear on the turn around time. That really eases my main concern.

Do you know how much the core charge is? I'm trying to decide if it makes more sense to try to sell my working transmission locally rather than to spend $250 to ship it back for what's probably about a $1000 core. I just haven't had time to check prices for a working stock 70k mile 48re in this area.

Thanks for the price list. I saw that in another thread as well. Do you know how much it would cost to add the billet input and billet flex plate to the triple disc tow package?

Are the HP ratings a WHP or BHP rating?

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to answer my thread for me.

Ryan

Happy to help although until you actually talk to Jeff, the prices won't be accurate. He can build to what ever specs you want and would be the one to give you a final price. You could probably figure some where around 1K+ added to the tow package price to add those piece. I don't know what his core charge is. I think it would be cheaper and worth more to send in the core though.

PM me your name and number and i'll be sure he calls you tomorrow

I don't have enough posts to send a PM to non staff members yet, but I wouldn't be able to take his call anyway.

Sounds like I probably just need to hold off until I'm not so damn busy. :bang

Thank you.

Happy to help although until you actually talk to Jeff, the prices won't be accurate. He can build to what ever specs you want and would be the one to give you a final price. You could probably figure some where around 1K+ added to the tow package price to add those piece. I don't know what his core charge is. I think it would be cheaper and worth more to send in the core though.

Thank you.

I'll just have to hold off until life and work settle down just a tad. :)

:Cheer:

My "guess" would be if you're looking for a number.... $4500 would get you what you're looking for.

Hey man!!

I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this thread...Been busy and working myself..
Plus messing with the new Super Stock Diesel race threads..

Ty got ya hooked up with the info pretty good so if you need something else, get those 10 post and then shoot me , Kyle (Sticky) , or TY (triton) an PM...

Are call Jeff at 404-557-4972

Of pm me your number and I'll call you!

David

David,

No worries. I tried to call Jeff last night but I'm assuming it was already too late. Probably too late tonight again, but I'll try anyway.

Last couple days have gone well at work so I've been able to get outta there a little early. :)

This should be post #10, too.

Thank you. He actually got a hold of me this weekend. I just haven't had time to follow up with the thread.

I was hoping to get the order in this week but, damn, work has been kicking my ass. Hopefully next week I'll be able to get my banking done so I can get this taken care of.

What fluid does Jeff recommend? I'm assuming that +4 is the correct choice, but I still see a lot of people that use dexron for whatever reason.

What fluid does Jeff recommend? I'm assuming that +4 is the correct choice, but I still see a lot of people that use dexron for whatever reason.

+4 is a synthetic bled. It's actually too slick to make the transmission clutches grip. No grip makes it slip. That's why we run the Dex/Merc 3.

Synthetics are too slick and will allow it to slip. Jeff might say otherwise, but I personally would stay away from them to reduce slippage.

Back