I dont like whats goin on

cm cows

Here by the owl
the edge has ran great for the past couple weeks and the other day i put it on 5x5 and it barley smoked and would take off kind of slow and act like the trans is slipin but the fuel isnt there because the egt's arent very high(900 max) i dont know the fuel pressure because edge didnt send me the fuel pressure senceor:rules: but any ideas ?? hope it aint the vp

i did some testing today, the truck set on stock worked fine and ran strong. set on 1 it would take off good and then act like it was de-fueling. it did the same thing on all the other settings. driving normal these problems arent noticed when i drive around town, its only when i get on it that screws up.
i dont get it, it ran fine one day and the next it aint right?

Send it back to Edge to have them check it out, trust me they are use to it. My comp was on it's second trip back when it got lost.

thats what i was thinkin, can i drive the truck with the edge module out of the pick up, cause i dont think that th monitor will wok with out the juice right?

Yes, but you have to unplug the Edge wiring harness, then plug the stockers back in. If your pump is tapped don't worry about that either.

i drove home today after my last final and its about 130 miles. the ruck runs fine under noraml driving but when i get on it, it takes off then acts like it runs out of fuel. when i had it wide open and it shifted it just glided into gear and was acting like it was just out of gas. so i am going to get a vulcan big line kit and a holley. where have yall got these from for the best price. and i am calling edge tomorrow about the fuel pressure sencor.

Last edited:
Ya that is going to tell you a lot more once you can get a f/p reading, that way you can tell if the l/p is on the way out.

Dude. We need to have lunch next week before you take all that crap off and let me drive your truck. I have been fighting these problems for months and I'd bet I can at least tell you what the problem is.

Set your gauge to show backdown %. If the motor is less than 180F or so, it will cut fuel if your "cold engine protection" is enabled. There are a few other things too. Check your max boost and max egt settings. Once your motor approaches these, it will also show a "backdown" reading.

PM me for lunch next week. We can fix it...I hope.

My Edge craps out when the outside air temp is less than around 80F and the intake air temp reads about 90F. Anything above that, runs like a bat outta Hades.

ok i finally got the fuel pressure sensor on and it is 9 at idle and 1 at WOT on every setting including stock, so i order a big line kit the other day but should i go ahead and get a holley and put it on to?

anyway i was driving the truck tonight and on 5x5 i can floor it and never touch 1200 on the egt's and it cant build over 17lbs of boost WTF! i did the performance test and the 1/4 was 17.5@80mph and the 0-60 was 10.7, and i raced my dads totally stock mega cab dually with an auto and he out ran me. so what do yall think could fixing the fuel pressure issue get back my power or is it something else? and the lights on the module are all on constantly, but i thought that they where supost to be scrolling.

If you ran ur truck at 1 lbs u got trouble not u probably cooked ur injection pump anything lower then 6 lbs is known to be fatal to the stock pump.

ya i new that but i have heard that i can move the lift pump back on the frame closer to the tank and get better pruesser, but the more i think about i am going to just go ahead and buy a holley, so where have yall got yours from, cant i get one at oriely's or napa?

1 psi @ wot !!!!!!! OOOOOOf

cm cows said:
ok i finally got the fuel pressure sensor on and it is 9 at idle and 1 at WOT on every setting including stock, so i order a big line kit the other day but should i go ahead and get a holley and put it on to?

anyway i was driving the truck tonight and on 5x5 i can floor it and never touch 1200 on the egt's and it cant build over 17lbs of boost WTF! i did the performance test and the 1/4 was 17.5@80mph and the 0-60 was 10.7, and i raced my dads totally stock mega cab dually with an auto and he out ran me. so what do yall think could fixing the fuel pressure issue get back my power or is it something else? and the lights on the module are all on constantly, but i thought that they where supost to be scrolling.

Dude, at 1 psi :aiwebs_029: @ wot you need to park that truck or you'll be changing the injection pump too. But by the sound of things- the way your testing the truck- the VP may very well be on the outs- if not out.....

Please keep in mind- and if its been said before or if you know already- the VP injection pump is cooled and lubricated by the fuel that passes through it- below 6-7 psi means a short death soon....:blahblah1:

:bang :bang :bang

Fix the fueling problem by changing your lift pump, when done, check the codes, as I think you will find the dead VP code in there. The reason for your low numers is there is not sufficient fuel being delivered.......

Last edited:
Clay. Put the big line kit on and see how the stock pump reacts. That way you can base line the pressures and see how much the Holley actually impoves the numbers. Like I said before, once you spend a few hours and move the pump, adding the Holley is nothin'. And you mentioned the lights aren't scrolling? I'm assuming you mean the diagnostic lights in the edge module. This means your pump wire tap isn't making good contact or the pump electronics are hosed. I would assume the first. Pull the tap and try it again. You may just not have got in on the wire right. Trust me, you should blow your dads doors off and make him like it! And if you have the edge boost elbow installed that came with the performance module, you should hit about 32 psi with the stock turbo, at least that is what I saw with my manual tranny. You can hit 17 in a stock truck with a filter full-a wheet chat! WTF?

Try it again, and again, and again, that seems to be the way it is with my edge anyway. Let us know. You could also drive to Mulhall this weekend and come a few hours early and we could screw around with your truck in my shop. We play at Lucille's Dance Hall that night so it will be a BIG party night.

well i started my summer job today for a sod company and work a 13 hour day, so testing will be to a minuim untill the middle of the week. but the big line kit should be here this week and it will go on, if i can get my dad convinced that it is needed, he still thinks that i dont know anything about every thing? but i will re-tap the wire and double check it. i figure that the lift pump and vp have seen their last days but i will work with it and see, jory i will be coming up to stillwater on saturday some time, so well see on how the hoopte is running, and if i get time to work on the truck this week, good thing i got a samuria to floss in untill then:rockwoot:

If I remember correclty, you live out west? If you do, and you come down hwy 51 from Hennessee, just stop by the house if you don't get it workin'. I'm only 1/2 mile off 51 to the north exactly 6 miles east of hwy 74. I ain't saying I'm no expert by any means, but I have been fightin' the same crap you are for several months. My truck still won't run right if the outside air temp is less than 70F. Ain't no one knows why.

you know nore than i do i have fried my brain setting in front of this computer reading things, but i am slowly getting a better hold on things. well see how the week goes i might have to come by, thanks man!

Back