PDA

View Full Version : Timming the injection pump on a 4400

1STGENFARMBOY
11-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I am asking this for a co-worker and he has bought a 4400 combine with the I/P off can you tell me in a nut shell how to time and re-install the pump,

Thanks alot Darwin

crazydave
11-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Typically you line up the timing marks before you take the pump off. On the Roosa master IP there is a little rectangle cover you pull off on the side of the pump, and you turn the motor over until the little dash marks line up. Since he bought it apart, he will have to find the timing mark on the motor usually an indicator by the crank pulley, turn it to 0 and make sure its not 180 degrees off then line up the dashes on the pump and slide it back in the gear. Sometimes it takes a try or two to get the gear on the right tooth.

One more thing that is important, if it has the same style pump as ours did, the shaft pulls out of the pump and there are to seals on it. Its is VERY important they do do not get folded or damaged or else you will have a motor full of diesel fuel.

1STGENFARMBOY
11-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks Dave

crazydave
11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Thanks Dave

You bet. I found some good info on some tractor forums by doing a quick search, more knowledgeable and in depth then my quick paragraph.

Good Luck

1STGENFARMBOY
11-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I called his boy and he just called back and has it running, the only thing is he said the throttle is stuck but i told him he probly has the gov spring in a bind to check that.

thanks