Quick head stud question

Edge juice, "150" hp injectors. I forget what hole size they are, been sittin here a year waiting to go in.

Heres my first hand experience. One friend....00 2500 150 inj., 62/65/12 edge juice..popped his head gasket with about 5k miles on that set up, dailly driver, some passes at the strip.
2nd friend...02 3500 240 inj. , 64/71/13ss, edge comp....40k and still going on stock hg and bolts..daily driver, lots of passes at the strip..

so its kind of a toss up..the 2nd truck is seeing more boost but more than likely less drive pressure. I would say if you have the money buy the studs and hold off on install till the hg pops and then get the head o-ringed, use your studs and be done with it.

and also my arp's looked identical to the bottom stud in that add, not like the top stud they are showing to have less thread.. I also found it amusing that the A1's come with ARP lube

Last edited:
ordered them. worth a shot i guess. i was hoping this wasnt going to turn into a pissing match about arp vrs a1.

figured play it safe then sorry.

ive been running those A1s for about 5-6 years now. was seeing anywhere from 55lbs total boost to 83lbs total boost. have never had a problem with headgaskets with them!

I'd do studs...head gaskets are expensive to replace and a lot of down time. if you do it yourself its a LOT of work and the head is VERY heavy. studs are easy to install, and cheap peace of mind.

I torqued mine to 135lbs/ft and I see 65psi at least once or twice a day :hehe: head gasket is holding up fine with no rings.

Back