raptor pump install

TwiztedMetal

cummins crusaider
Hey guys, i was just wondering who had the raptor pump!

how long did it take to install? was it easy to install? was everything supplied in the kit?

thanks,
Dom

I have run a Raptor 150 on my pulling truck for the past couple of years, and I put a Raptor 150 on my 99 last year after purchasing it. I haven't had a moments trouble out of either pump either. I didn't install the one on my 97 that has the draw straw because it was in a shop for other work at the time. My 99 only took a hour or two because it hooked up to the stock fuel outlet at fuel tank, I didn't do a draw straw for it but it was purchased used so that's how it came.

Raptor that hooks up the the factory supply on takes about a hour, with the draw straw on takes about hour 45 min's. It's simple to install with basic hand tools. We sell several of these.

what psi do you guys typically set them to, i know the factory spec is provided in the manual but i would still like to know how everyone else sets em. i plan on some 100 horse injectors, a smarty and a nice turbo in the future...

Dom

Regarless of your upgrades. You will still run the same 15-17 psi. Unless you get an injection pump that calls for something different, which I don't think there are any that do.

There is no need for more than 15-17 psi. If fuel pressure drops too far under load you need to look elsewhere for flow restrictions...too small of draw tube, dirt in fuel filter, restrictive fuel filter, etc, etc.

Last edited:
my hotrod pump from industrial injection said nothing less then 10psi but no more then 20psi. it was a big red tag on the pump

no driveability issues at all. I like it I think its worth it but back to your first question sorry forgot to answer it yes the raptor works great about an hour install and came with everything i needed to install it. Back to the hrvp i would recomend injectors at the same time so you can get all the fuel to the engine instead of just going back through the return lines.

Back