PDA

View Full Version : NV4500 problems again...

wildmanben
05-10-2007, 12:43 AM
So I lost 5th gear again after I put in the new SBC DD. So I ended up haveing to put everything on new that goes on the back of the case under that cover. Gears, bearings, synchro and all. Except for the nut, I reused that... Not :umno:

Anyways, got it all back together and went to back it off the hoist. No reverse. Goes in 1,2,3,4 but no 5th or reverse. Cant even get it into reverse, engine running or not. 5th goes in way to easy and nothing happens. So what now? Is something on the shift rail broke too or did I screw something up installing? I dont think that I did. I checked it all and had a buddy look at it too. Thats the only thing that I can think of is something under the top cover of the trans.

Any help here?

wildmanben
05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
they went in just fine and the ring seemed fine.... but that wouldnt explain why I cant get it in reverse at all?

wildmanben
05-10-2007, 06:15 PM
talked to someone over on TDR and they thought that the shift rail has come out of the socket on the inside of the case and I would have to pull the tranny and the top cover to get at it,

wildmanben
05-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Well I pulled it apart and found that the shift fork had come out of the slot that goes into the lever for the 5th gear synchro shaft. Put it back together and it works fine. Pretty easy fix. Thanks for the help.