Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pureflow Airdog (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   Pump drops pressure then stops (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162047)

madmikeismad 11-10-2013 04:33 PM

Pump drops pressure then stops

Last 2 days my raptor 150 has been dropping pressure, and then won't turn on when I turn cycle the power. But if I tap on it it will turn back on like the motor was seized or something. Does this mean the motor is going bad?

brad1103 11-10-2013 06:39 PM

My airdog will prime up when I turn the switch on and then cut off. I can bump the starter and it will start running also, I believe this is normal operation because the ECM is commanding it on.

madmikeismad 11-10-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad1103 (Post 2198259)
My airdog will prime up when I turn the switch on and then cut off. I can bump the starter and it will start running also, I believe this is normal operation because the ECM is commanding it on.

I should have mentioned it's a 12 valve. Mine is wired direct. And by tap, I mean physically tap on it.

brad1103 11-10-2013 07:20 PM

Oh I'm sorry lol guess that would make a difference. Well I would think it's taking a dump then if your tapping on it to start

roughneck0913 11-10-2013 08:17 PM

Have you by chance pulled the cover off of it and seen if there was any trash in the rotor and stuff

MufflerBearing 11-10-2013 08:22 PM

sounds like the pump is going bad. try taking it apart and checking the motor with a meter, read the resistance across the winding's.

madmikeismad 11-10-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roughneck0913 (Post 2198341)
Have you by chance pulled the cover off of it and seen if there was any trash in the rotor and stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by MufflerBearing (Post 2198346)
sounds like the pump is going bad. try taking it apart and checking the motor with a meter, read the resistance across the winding's.

Is the access cover the plate on the bottom?

Will this pump be covered as its less than a year old, but was a warranty replacement for the last one that chit the bed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

12vCumminsFTW 11-10-2013 09:03 PM

It's not blowing the fuse? On my last road trip my airdog kept getting trash in the rotor, and stopping me dead in the middle of the highway. I had to put a stupid inline filter before the pump to keep it from locking up.

Sent from phone

madmikeismad 11-10-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmikeismad (Post 2198201)
Last 2 days my raptor 150 has been dropping pressure, and then won't turn on when I turn cycle the power. But if I tap on it it will turn back on like the motor was seized or something. Does this mean the motor is going bad?

I should add that tapping it not only makes it work again, but returns to full pressure.

MufflerBearing 11-11-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmikeismad (Post 2198381)
I should add that tapping it not only makes it work again, but returns to full pressure.

I'm not to familiar with these pumps, do they have brushes? I had a magnafuel that did the same thing now that i think of it. Turned out the seals were bad and ruined the brushes.

madmikeismad 11-11-2013 05:54 AM

I couldn't tell you for sure, but I want to say no. Electrical stuff is not my strong point.

madmikeismad 11-11-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12vCumminsFTW (Post 2198380)
It's not blowing the fuse? On my last road trip my airdog kept getting trash in the rotor, and stopping me dead in the middle of the highway. I had to put a stupid inline filter before the pump to keep it from locking up.

Sent from phone

No trash, and not blown fuses this time.

madmikeismad 11-13-2013 08:15 AM

The pump completely died yesterday leaving me stranded 2 hours away. Airdog is sending me a new pump. Gotta say their customer service is still great. Hopefully this pump gets me more than a year/10k miles. What really sucks about this is the truck is still 2 hours away on a good samaritans property.