Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sled Pulling (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pulling classes (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197818)

Foster#17 09-22-2017 04:27 PM

Pulling classes

Hey everybody, we're in the process of building a pulling truck but we aren't quite sure what class we would be pulling in. We wanted to build a triple turbo setup but is that legal in any classes? We would only be pulling at local fairs and nearby pulling events. I'm just not sure if it's going to be legal in any classes?

takedown95 09-22-2017 05:04 PM

On a national level that truck would only be legal in the SS class for NTPA and PPL. Locally there's likely some open classes or "hot street" classes as long as the truck remains street legal.

Meyers Farms 09-22-2017 08:11 PM

Around SW OH there are some Run What You Brung (rwyb) classes that you could pull in. Anything goes in the class, so you could be pulling against everything from tractors to semis.

Foster#17 09-22-2017 08:15 PM

Yeah we have RWYB classes here as well, just wasn't quite sure if there was any rules for them or not here.

prostockpuller 09-23-2017 07:26 AM

Here are the rules...good luck!

Modified R.W.Y.B Trucks Rules | Full Pull Productions

KTAPETERBILT 09-23-2017 12:44 PM

^^^^^^ Not a true rwyb class,different hitch height & weight for about every type of engine & # of turbos.:rules:

Foster#17 09-23-2017 10:02 PM

It would be considered a super stock right? So it would be legal in rwyb?

jones95runner 09-24-2017 08:13 AM

Not trying to talk you out of the triples. But what are your other plans with the truck? Power goal, driveline, engine build, tire choice? Triples are cool but over 1500hp can be had with a single and be very drivable on the track.

Foster#17 09-24-2017 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jones95runner (Post 2636473)
Not trying to talk you out of the triples. But what are your other plans with the truck? Power goal, driveline, engine build, tire choice? Triples are cool but over 1500hp can be had with a single and be very drivable on the track.

It was a truck I had bought for 500 bucks needing an injection pump. The truck is in perfect shape but the guy just wanted it out of his place. My buddy was going to put a set of triples on his truck but ended up selling it for a 2018. He bought the turbos and we were going to build all the piping and everything for them. We're both mechanics and I do a lot of welding.So since he doesn't have a truck for them now that's why we are going to build a pulling truck with them out of the truck I bought

Foster#17 09-24-2017 11:46 PM

We already have the turbos, so why not use them you know? Just thought it would be something cool to do to show off some of our work, were slowly opening up a shop and something like that would be good advertisement

TCDiesel 09-25-2017 02:48 PM

I'm with jones95runner on this one, pulling triples need to be balanced and the driven turbo will be Abuse , so if its not a Spendy blower it won't last long, NOT to mention all the issues Triples create in Drive VS Compression Air... You can blow turbos in Feet if they are NOT build/Plumbed for there intended use. If you get them to perform it would differently promote your future Business.