Gettin her dialed in....

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Well made a run at my hometown fair wendesday night. And I dont think you could have knocked the smile off my face with a sledge hammer :woohoo:. pulled a 331.80 good enough for third place. 2nd was at 342.** , 1st was 35*.**

She came out of hole good and picked up rpm just like i had hoped. I remember watching a few of the hot tractor classes go down the track pushing a flame out the exhaust, and i said to myself "Boy wish mine would do that." Well about 100ft out about an 8 inch cone popped up and stayed there till the run was over, it had never done that before....:rockwoot:
And then got to the end and spun out with almost 1000lb out back.

Heres a pic coming out the gate. Now a few more tweaks and she will be right.

Lynn

Attachments

• ED4.jpg
    ED4.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 208
A big slap on the back to you Lynn and Bragg for all the hard work you guy's have done this week.A big step forward.
We have to pull the motor out of DESTROKED oil pressure droped down to much.I guese I did more damage than we thought when I broke the rear yoke and ring and pinion.the truck last night did a real hard right turn when Vance came out of the hole I must have broke a front axle too I ain't driveing it again.It doesn't bother me at all if I brake some thing of mine I just say "**** happen's"well I just have to fix it.The pull in Warrenton is canceld for tonight we had 3.5 inch's of rain this mornning..We don't have a pull till next Saturday night.
Keep up on Kicking some butt.will call you latter.

Dale

Thanks Dale :Cheer:
If yall ever need a hand just let me know, ill see if i can spare a few days to come up and wrench with yall. Hope ya get DESTROKED back out soon. Good luck.

Lynn

Thank's for the offer I apretate that .I just heard Dan out side I quese I need to get my butt moving.

Dale

Anytime, I wish i had a vid of that pull. Make sure and show Vance and Dan the progress...lol I think they will both enjoy it.

Lynn

They boothe said congrats.

The front axles weren't hurt at all.i'll call you on the theory I have on why it went to the right so fast.
Going to start to pull the motor tommoro.

Dale

Well made a run at my hometown fair wendesday night. And I dont think you could have knocked the smile off my face with a sledge hammer :woohoo:. pulled a 331.80 good enough for third place. 2nd was at 342.** , 1st was 35*.**

She came out of hole good and picked up rpm just like i had hoped. I remember watching a few of the hot tractor classes go down the track pushing a flame out the exhaust, and i said to myself "Boy wish mine would do that." Well about 100ft out about an 8 inch cone popped up and stayed there till the run was over, it had never done that before....:rockwoot:
And then got to the end and spun out with almost 1000lb out back.

Heres a pic coming out the gate. Now a few more tweaks and she will be right.

Lynn

thats excellant!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot:

VIDIO'S VIDio's VIdio's Vidio's vidio's

O did I mention we would like to see a VIDIO.

Dale

Ok you got me :kick:My teatcher's were alway's on me for day dreaming I quese I didn't pay attion that day.:thankyou2:Leason learned.Maybe

Dale

Ok you got me :kick:My teatcher's were alway's on me for day dreaming I quese I didn't pay attion that day.:thankyou2:Leason learned.Maybe

Dale

that was too easy... dale... had to jump on it... thouhgt it woudl be more funny if i did it :hehe:

Most of my runs can be found On the Video Discussion Forum under any KOTTPA vid. Rods does a good job of keeping us up there.

Lynn

that was too easy... dale... had to jump on it... thouhgt it woudl be more funny if i did it :hehe:

I was raised to have a good sence of humor but my spelling still sucks and I DON'T care:Cheer:Just keep picking on this old bald guy :hehe:
Is the lastest VIDEO up yet of your last run.
Dale

I don't think anyone was videoing the run at Edmonton. We still have alot of tuning to do. Evidently the truck desided to grow a few balls that night and keep its self up. Trying to figure out why its popping on the far end of the track and still choking out. I know the injectors still need to be relaced with smaller ones, but I think we may have the timing turned up too much and thats whats causing the popping. Seems every time it pops it sounds like it looses about 100 rpm. We'll get it all lined out sooner or later.

You can chase it if you want but I would change injectors first and leave the other stuff alone unless you know for a fact there is an issue, I do know it still has too much fuel.

Jim

You can chase it if you want but I would change injectors first and leave the other stuff alone unless you know for a fact there is an issue, I do know it still has too much fuel.

Jim

Thats going to be the next thing that gets done. It may take me a few weeks but itll be worth it. That will solve my biggest issue really quick.

Lynn

It could be the timming is tofar advance for having stock piston could also pop.
We found out what was wrong with Destroked no.5 rod bearing spun didn't gaul the grank or gaul the rod just started turning the a shade of gold.
and got a look at the SB clutch there was 2of the 4 levers that was about 3/16 lower than the other 2 that could be the reason why it was a pain trying to come off the line and not releasing.

Dale

Lynn's truck has a set of Mahle Pistons with .125" cut off the tops of them. Good to hear that the damge isn't too bad on Destoked.

Back