Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   F1 Diesel (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   F1 injector ID (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113572)

DirtMopar 06-08-2011 06:00 PM

F1 injector ID

Is there a way to identify F1 injectors? The reason im asking is because 2 months ago I had a local diesel shop install reman injectors and tips from F1 in my truck. The Truck started missing and under power so I had them check them again. They said 3 were bad and i had gas in my fuel tank at one time. I know for a fact that I have never put gas in the tank unless it was mixed at a station that i wasnt aware of. So i have sent a fuel sample off for testing, but the more I think about it the more I begin to wonder if they are trying to weasle their way out of replacing them. I am a mechanic so I do have the know how and access to the proper tools to inspect them. any help would be greatly appriciated thanks. oh my truck is a 06 dodge 5.9l

homewrecker 06-08-2011 06:05 PM

So what are you questioning? If the shop did install F1's? As far as I know there's no identifying marks. Don might keep record of the s/n on the bodies if you want to verify. I heard at one point he was stamping F1 on the nozzles but have never seen it on the 5 or more sets I've handled.

Sent from my DROIDX

bsmith 06-08-2011 06:16 PM

Why did you let a shop install them if your a mechanic?

This is the exact reason I don't let anyone work on my truck.

The 3 sets of f1s I had did not have any markings on them.

DirtMopar 06-08-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homewrecker (Post 1475940)
So what are you questioning? If the shop did install F1's? As far as I know there's no identifying marks. Don might keep record of the s/n on the bodies if you want to verify. I heard at one point he was stamping F1 on the nozzles but have never seen it on the 5 or more sets I've handled.

Sent from my DROIDX

Yeah thats my question.

DirtMopar 06-08-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 1475948)
Why did you let a shop install them if your a mechanic?

This is the exact reason I don't let anyone work on my truck.

The 3 sets of f1s I had did not have any markings on them.

I let them install them because the labor was only $200. and they said the warrenty was longer...a lot of good that did me

bsmith 06-08-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtMopar (Post 1476010)
I let them install them because the labor was only $200. and they said the warrenty was longer...a lot of good that did me

Id question if you even actually got f1s installed. They prob just put some crappy injector in.

DirtMopar 06-08-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 1476018)
Id question if you even actually got f1s installed. They prob just put some crappy injector in.

Thats what im afraid of. But when they charged me $3200 for injectors and labor (which is another painful story) i thought I was getting 60hp F1s.

homewrecker 06-08-2011 10:51 PM

What shop was this? Are they on F1's vendor list? I wasn't aware that Don sold complete remans. Only known him to rework the inj's you supplied

Sent from my DROIDX

DirtMopar 06-08-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homewrecker (Post 1476254)
What shop was this? Are they on F1's vendor list? I wasn't aware that Don sold complete remans. Only known him to rework the inj's you supplied

Sent from my DROIDX

They are on the vendor list, I dont want to completely bash them yet. They told me that they were remans with milage max tips. Thats why im trying to find out if the f1 injectors has his part number on them or knowing of a way they are really what I paid for.

bsmith 06-09-2011 12:27 AM

Pull them and send them to don, he ll tell you.

DirtMopar 06-09-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 1476334)
Pull them and send them to don, he ll tell you.

If i had a phone number and address I would.

matty169 06-09-2011 01:46 AM

Address......

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtMopar (Post 1476338)

http://www.f1diesel.com

bsmith 06-09-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtMopar (Post 1476338)

You have to call one of the vendors listed in the link above. They will give you an address. You can't talk to don, if your lucky you might a email from him.

Soup Nazi 06-09-2011 11:54 AM

Send em over. It is no charge to check em out. I can tell exactly what happened to them, whatever that might be. Water, gas, etc, or maybe something we did wrong. Who knows until we open em up.

Dont sweat getting a big repair bill from us unless you did something totally crazy. I looked over the invoices and we did in fact build these.

DirtMopar 06-09-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soup Nazi (Post 1476601)
Send em over. It is no charge to check em out. I can tell exactly what happened to them, whatever that might be. Water, gas, etc, or maybe something we did wrong. Who knows until we open em up.

Dont sweat getting a big repair bill from us unless you did something totally crazy. I looked over the invoices and we did in fact build these.

ok Thanks. I will try to have them in the mail by Monday. Could you please PM your contact info.

Soup Nazi 06-25-2011 12:25 PM

The injectors checked out great. No back leakage out of spec and no contamination issues.

Seems the Edge Juice box is the "running poorly" issue.

We are raising the power level to 60 HP Vs the 20 HP the mileage max.

DirtMopar 06-27-2011 09:47 AM

Thanks Don. You have been a big help. I greatly appreciate all the help.

Legendarydslper 07-13-2011 12:17 PM

Wow, looks like some great customer service there!