Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sled Pulling (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   where are different organizations going? (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199054)

Stackman06 01-21-2018 08:26 PM

where are different organizations going?

Are 3.0 or 3.6 bigger where you are?

DISTURBED 01-21-2018 08:53 PM

We are 3.6 here in the PPL East Coast series and staying there. The local lower org here in VA, WV, MD and Pa just adopted the PPL 3.0 smooth rules

bigstacks95 01-21-2018 09:17 PM

We have two classes here.

Limited Pro Stock, 3.0 turbos with any driveline, 2.6 turbos with 1 ton driveline

Workstock, 2.5 turbo, small frame only (S300, HX40, etc) or 2.6 smooth bore S400. No hanging weights, single wheels

Inbred Inline 01-21-2018 10:42 PM

3.0 seems to be picking up steam even more in Ohio, Indiana and even Michigan. I can think of a couple organizations that have added it for next year, along with a bigger commitment by NTPA after introducing it last year.

Briggs0130 01-23-2018 06:48 AM

It's awesome to have the 3.0 and 3.6 classes ironed out. Our local group, Interstate (Same group that Jeremy mentioned) just went full 3.0 PPL rules. That seems to be what most trucks in our area are building towards.

I wish they'd get the 2.6 smooth stuff ironed out. There's still a lot of division in that class. Here in PA the 2.5 scene is kind of a joke. I went to a pull last summer and asked if we needed helmets and they laughed at me and said "Uh 2.5 trucks are street trucks. What kind of power are you making? If you think you need that kind of safety stuff maybe you're in the wrong class!" You can go almost anywhere in PA and you won't need a single safety item, lol.

zfaylor 01-23-2018 07:24 AM

Our local org just picked up a 3.0 PPL rules class for this year. Really wish we could see a 2.5 or smooth 2.6 type class out here. Seems you either pull in the open where guys with old 3.0 trucks feel the need to slap a massive charger on and relive the glory days stomping on stock 24 valves or you have deep pockets and pull 3.0 smooth bore. No in between in Northern Indiana except for a few pulls a year where 30 duramaxes enter a workstock class so they can pull at 3 am.

Dirt drags get a better turnout around here anymore by a long shot and people tend to have more fun doing it. I love pulling but I am over waiting around until midnight for the first pickup to hook and I am sure everybody else is as well. Wish we could get this figured out. Used to be able to watch 30+ trucks in a class at almost any given pull 10 years ago.

rawdog 01-23-2018 08:44 AM

I think the problem is there are alot of old school guys running things. They don't look into the future of the sport. If they want young blood interested, and eventually getting involved, they have to realize a diesel pickup class is where it's at. And not at 12am!! 47 gas classes and bill****, and pull the pickups last. Nonsense. It becomes boring to even someone that loves the sport.

jones95runner 01-23-2018 09:03 AM

Going to get everyone on page with the 3.0 smooth bore and change the turbo rule.......$$$$$CHACHING$$$$$$

Briggs0130 01-23-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zfaylor (Post 2653220)
Our local org just picked up a 3.0 PPL rules class for this year. Really wish we could see a 2.5 or smooth 2.6 type class out here. Seems you either pull in the open where guys with old 3.0 trucks feel the need to slap a massive charger on and relive the glory days stomping on stock 24 valves or you have deep pockets and pull 3.0 smooth bore. No in between in Northern Indiana except for a few pulls a year where 30 duramaxes enter a workstock class so they can pull at 3 am.

Dirt drags get a better turnout around here anymore by a long shot and people tend to have more fun doing it. I love pulling but I am over waiting around until midnight for the first pickup to hook and I am sure everybody else is as well. Wish we could get this figured out. Used to be able to watch 30+ trucks in a class at almost any given pull 10 years ago.

Not to mention, the stock appearing class is insane. Everyone's basically running 400 frame chargers with stock cover's or the equivalent. Guys are making as much or more power than the 2.6 smooth trucks are.

zfaylor 01-23-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briggs0130 (Post 2653247)
Not to mention, the stock appearing class is insane. Everyone's basically running 400 frame chargers with stock cover's or the equivalent. Guys are making as much or more power than the 2.6 smooth trucks are.

I agree it is out of control. We just completed a stock appearing HX50 that has a 6 blade billet 75mm inducer LOL The biggest problem with the workstock here is the rules are just as inconsistent as the trucks. One place requires you to plug 2.5 AND be stock appearing and the next will allow S300 covers and all on a dodge because "it looks like the stock ones do". Then there are the classes that don't allow traction bars... That will keep the crowd into it when Johnny throws his 300k mile OEM u joint at them at 1am on a Sunday.

ramtough01 01-26-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stackman06 (Post 2653028)
Are 3.0 or 3.6 bigger where you are?

Trying to decided what you want to pull with?

jones95runner 01-26-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramtough01 (Post 2653713)
Trying to decided what you want to pull with?

Beings that there are now more ss trucks than 3.6, it's a pretty no brainer. 3.0 is the class to build towards. Just keep in mind, this will be 3rd year for the turbo rule. Don't be surprised if it changes for 2019

dmigz57 01-27-2018 04:04 AM

We will be adopting 3.0 and 3.6 sb completely by 2019 in California. But no one cares about the west coast...

TheHammer 02-05-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jones95runner (Post 2653730)
Beings that there are now more ss trucks than 3.6, it's a pretty no brainer. 3.0 is the class to build towards. Just keep in mind, this will be 3rd year for the turbo rule. Don't be surprised if it changes for 2019

Jason, what jeff is referencing is ryan(OP) not being able to decide what class to stick his new truck into. its a dilemma in our area, with 3.6 guys keeping dot tires and the organization having to sell 2 odl dot tire truck classes. when everyone knows if it wasn't for the illini trucks. badger state wouldn't have a 3.6 class. which in a year or two, none of it will even matter because rules will be changing and itll be a whole new turbo size to play with.

RSieck 02-14-2018 07:20 PM

We're 3.0 ODL PPL rules and added a 2.6 smoothbore class PPL rules here in Iowa (ECIPA, Outlaws, PPL Western)

Hoping to pump our 3.0 numbers up and get the 2.6 class off to a running start. If PPL changes turbo rules again for 2019, I would imagine it about kills off most of our 3.0 guys, they're tired of spending tons of money every year, and they have been for the past 10+ years playing this game.

widieseltech 02-15-2018 12:48 PM

3.0SB is starting to grow in northern WI finally with is why I hope they keep the class the same for a bit also. seems like once we finally get our class #'s up ppl has to go and change rule causing guys to drop out. I pull with NEW motorsports which is northeast Wisconsin area. we sould have 6-7 3.0 trucks this year but our 2.5 class numbers are down as some guys are doing the local outlaw class's instead

TheHammer 02-16-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSieck (Post 2656412)
We're 3.0 ODL PPL rules and added a 2.6 smoothbore class PPL rules here in Iowa (ECIPA, Outlaws, PPL Western)

Hoping to pump our 3.0 numbers up and get the 2.6 class off to a running start. If PPL changes turbo rules again for 2019, I would imagine it about kills off most of our 3.0 guys, they're tired of spending tons of money every year, and they have been for the past 10+ years playing this game.

how many of your guys hook ppl? other then independence and state fair(if fair is even ppl anymore)? I know you catch a truck or two once n awhile from Minnesota and possibly 1 from Durand Illinois. if rules change on ppl. keep your existing rules. I know a certain black truck isn't coming back out, not as a 3" truck atleast

and to the guy who pulls with new motorsports. 2.5 numbers are falling because most cant handle getting beat by a 6.0! glad to see 3" numbers are healthy. be nice to see a few of you guys at state events, besides just andy.

RSieck 02-16-2018 09:49 PM

No pull at our state fair this year, it has been an Outlaw pull the past 10+ years. They're building a whole new track/facility where turns 3-4 were. But Des Moines decided to do a huge water main project this spring there, preventing construction on the new facility.

We have a couple guys that will hook PPL, but it's not worth them joining, as Independence was the closest pull. Indee dropped PPL this year, so the closest PPL pull is easily 2-3 hours away from our closest guys. Not worth the membership tbh.

I think we'll average about 4-5 trucks at least all year in 3.0. Hope to get 6-7 true 2.6 trucks. We had a huge increase in ECI hooks for 2018 compared to last year. Got another 6-7 pulls over last year, plus added 4 new classes.

If you ever get bored, we have a few hooks in SW Wisconsin.

ramtough01 02-17-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSieck (Post 2656683)
No pull at our state fair this year, it has been an Outlaw pull the past 10+ years. They're building a whole new track/facility where turns 3-4 were. But Des Moines decided to do a huge water main project this spring there, preventing construction on the new facility.

We have a couple guys that will hook PPL, but it's not worth them joining, as Independence was the closest pull. Indee dropped PPL this year, so the closest PPL pull is easily 2-3 hours away from our closest guys. Not worth the membership tbh.

I think we'll average about 4-5 trucks at least all year in 3.0. Hope to get 6-7 true 2.6 trucks. We had a huge increase in ECI hooks for 2018 compared to last year. Got another 6-7 pulls over last year, plus added 4 new classes.

What hooks you have in SW wisconsin this year?

TheHammer 02-19-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSieck (Post 2656683)

im sure ill be at another one of your hooks or two this year, as I frequent the Traer area. Also as jeff stated. where in wisco did you guys get some hooks? fantasy loose a few and eci gain them?