Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Diesel Performance Converters (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   I can't even! Phil, help me! (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184951)

inline 08-14-2015 06:27 PM

I can't even! Phil, help me!

The following is copied from the bookface to be placed on Compd.......

EVAN DAUTRICH 508 341 2548 THOMPSON CT 06277 i didnt give you my info because indont need a 3rd party involved. I asker for a 1800-2000 stall and i got a converter so tight it spins the tires are 1200 rpm with roll control on...i talked to phil about my set up on the phone. He said if was in fact stalled wrong he would take care of it. Told me to change the vb. I did and its the same.... now i cant get a hold of him. Pretty cut and dry

" I love it with my 35/40 hybrid. But its way to tight for the phatshaft that's waiting to go on"

:nail::nail::nail::nail::nail::nail::nail:

inline 08-14-2015 07:28 PM

. 95 12v 180.pump 4ks 0 plate cpp hot streat dvs 21° of timing studs 5x16s.ats manifold Fuel turned way down to not kill the 35/40 hybrid. Since i was waiting for the converter to be the last peice ofThe breaks at 900 rpm idle in gear. my trans puzzle so i could put the phatshaft on and it was to tight. 3.55 with a detroit and i believe 305/40-22 or 28x11x15 at the track

inline 08-31-2015 04:23 PM

I will go down swinging

Message from Evan<
So...another 2 weeks gone and no word from him. New turbo is on engine re timed. Stall is still stock. Even swapped valve bodies with a budy who has a dtt built vb. No difference. I know he read the thread i started because he said something to a guy a know about being put on blast on fb....

12vriviera 08-31-2015 07:40 PM

Have you tried the phone numbers listed on their website?

displacedtexan 08-31-2015 07:55 PM

Or English, try English too.

Freezingsystems 08-31-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedtexan (Post 2481377)

:hehe::hehe::hehe::thankyou2:

CREED1 08-31-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Only Nick lol.

Have you tried calling him during business hours monday-friday 8-5? Not on the damn weekend or 7am or 10pm? I just love dealing with customers who dont respect that I work during business hours and have a family etc as he surely does.. This suprisingly is something people can't comprehend! Or maybe its the fact you take to open forums and facebook with complaints?

CorneliusRox 08-31-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

:hehe: :bang
Took the words out of my mouth

97$moker 08-31-2015 09:17 PM

You all said exactly what I was thinking. Ive done a handful of deals with phil and have tons of friends that have, and he always done anything and everything to help or whatever.

randal07 08-31-2015 10:13 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are we talking about THE Phil Taylor?

displacedtexan 08-31-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREED1 (Post 2481389)
Only Nick lol.

Have you tried calling him during business hours monday-friday 8-5? Not on the damn weekend or 7am or 10pm? I just love dealing with customers who dont respect that I work during business hours and have a family etc as he surely does.. This suprisingly is something people can't comprehend! Or maybe its the fact you take to open forums and facebook with complaints?

I don't really say that much other people don't think! Lol

Good point, I don't do much of any business stuff outside business hours, that time for me, Mel, Turbo, whatever.

Mopar1973 08-31-2015 10:33 PM

You need to take this down and actually have a phone conversation with Phil before you bash him on open forums. The man will bend over backwards for damn near anyone from a friend to a stranger. Its a small company and he runs around like a chicken without a head (and a funny accent). If there is ever a problem (a rare occasion), Phil's customer service is beyond top notch! If he doesn't answer, leave a level headed voicemail and I'm sure he will return your call...

97$moker 08-31-2015 10:54 PM

Exactly! One of the best people i've ever had the privilege of doing business with.

randal07 08-31-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopar1973 (Post 2481429)
You need to take this down and actually have a phone conversation with Phil before you bash him on open forums. The man will bend over backwards for damn near anyone from a friend to a stranger. Its a small company and he runs around like a chicken without a head (and a funny accent). If there is ever a problem (a rare occasion), Phil's customer service is beyond top notch! If he doesn't answer, leave a level headed voicemail and I'm sure he will return your call...

X2 on his excellent customer service. I have dealt with Phil on more than one occasion and it has been exceptional. But from what I was able to decipher between lack of punctuation, improper grammar, and the dyslexic 3rd grade spelling, he has attempted to contact Phil to no avail.

inline 09-01-2015 04:38 PM

I stepped in to defend Phil on Bookface, I was really hoping Phil was going to tell me that this Evan kid was a douche nozzle.

inline 09-01-2015 04:41 PM

Everything that I posted was from messenger, cut, copy, paste.

IdahoRob 09-01-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inline (Post 2481599)
I was really hoping Phil was going to tell me that this Evan kid was a douche nozzle.

Being in this business for a long time and knowing the outstanding person Phil is, I would be very surprised to hear/see him speak poorly about anyone on social media/forums.

From my experience in a long time business, there will always be the customer that can not be pleased no matter what. Fortunately they are rare.

BRE 09-01-2015 05:37 PM

Um... Yea I'm not following 100% I guess but I don't think this forum is the place to bring bashing of Phil Taylor. Not one single good idea in that.

inline 09-01-2015 06:24 PM

I have all respect for Phil, I was in no way bashing him. I assumed this kid was one of those customers and Phil was just fed up with a punk. I have no idea on how a turbo set up would change stall speed. I was looking for info so I could go the streets swinging, metaphorically, for Phil. I apologize for any confusion.

BigPapa 09-01-2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inline (Post 2481630)
I have all respect for Phil, I was in no way bashing him. I assumed this kid was one of those customers and Phil was just fed up with a punk. I have no idea on how a turbo set up would change stall speed. I was looking for info so I could go the streets swinging, metaphorically, for Phil. I apologize for any confusion.

So you are not "Evan"? Holy confusion Batman.......

I thought you'd been around here a while and it didn't sound like you. Wow, am I confused......