4bt Performance

we have p pump 4bt cores (whole engine) come through work every so often. if memory serves you can pick the whole engine up for $2000-2500. even if you use the core just for the pump swap its everything you need (with working pump). just some food for thought...

where abouts are you? id like to get ahold of one of these 4bts you speak of! im in natchez ms right now but moving up to michigan this summer. I got a 2002 f 150 i want to put a 4bt in...

I have a customer with a p-pumped 4BT in a '02 GMC Denali. He had someone else do the repower then brought it here to have it tuned, the 4L80E needed a lot of help to handle the torque but once we got through that it ran very nice. I'm going to guess it's making near 250 hp, it has no problem getting 23 mpg average. Boost will hit 40 psi with the waste gate opening properly and the HY35 turbo is spooled by 1500 rpm...the pump is plateless and the injectors are stock for a 130hp 4bt.

Last edited:
we have p pump 4bt cores (whole engine) come through work every so often. if memory serves you can pick the whole engine up for $2000-2500. even if you use the core just for the pump swap its everything you need (with working pump). just some food for thought...

you let me know i'll take one of those p-pump 4bts from you.

sorry, my thoughts don't always come out on the keyboard. I figured since everyone was talking about the p pump option, I naturally assumed that was what was going in the motor.

It's the same as on a regular 12 valve style P7100. If you have a core pump, they can change the cam, install new larger barrels and plungers for about $4500, or you can step up to a completely billet Sigma for $15,000.

So no, you don't need a core pump if you elect to buy a custom billet pump.

But I think most people interested in building a hot 4bt motor are not interested in forking over big $$$ for a billet pump.

There are places that will do the 13mm treatment for a lot less than 4500!

I love 4b's that make power, they are so cool. haha

Back